Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wah ... how come so many nudis ? wat was ur most recent addition ??

I suspect either Tonga Zoas shipment (2 months ago) or some Sulawesi Zoas I bought (1 1/2 months ago)... only recently they grew in numbers :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I suspect either Tonga Zoas shipment (2 months ago) or some Sulawesi Zoas I bought (1 1/2 months ago)... only recently they grew in numbers :o

The eggs are hatching and they will spawn more and more offspring. You must do something to cut down their population now, if not it going to be a nightmare.

:peace:

The eggs are hatching and they will spawn more and more offspring. You must do something to cut down their population now, if not it going to be a nightmare.

Yes very possible... spotted another 4 of them stuck on the front glass panel this morning... will off the light earlier tonight, catch them out... as much as possible. If the problem persists for the next 2 days (somehow expected) ;) I will do freshwater dip for every piece of Zoas :pinch:

How long is a dipping session? 10 minutes? Dip them into DI water right?

I just LOVE this hobby... it will never settle down... always ways to make us spend our free time :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

FW dip for corals i not sure ... mebbe colin got some info on this ?

anyways .. what all your wrasses doing ? "eat snake" ah ? tot they supposed to eat inverts ? or does it apply only to crabs and shrimps ? my sixline always munches on hitchhiker crabs..

FW dip for corals i not sure ... mebbe colin got some info on this ?

anyways .. what all your wrasses doing ? "eat snake" ah ? tot they supposed to eat inverts ? or does it apply only to crabs and shrimps ? my sixline always munches on hitchhiker crabs..

I think my SixLine is MUNCHING on them... coz I don't see it much during feeding nowadays... just swimming around unlike last time... probably those NUDIs tastes better than fish pellets ;) Must properly clean them before transferring to my new tank :o

i only FW fishes. i dun do it to corals... thats soo cruel.. hahaha

Emm... I thot FW fishes more cruel leh :evil::evil::evil:

Just dip it in FW for a minute and shake it real hard so that all the nudis will fall off from the LR. Remember the eggs still attached to the LR, you might need to carry out another FW dip after a week.

Thanks... em... I'm so curious now I will do it tonight :lol: But I will also kill the Copepods right? Coz I see some Copepods hiding within my Zoas :unsure:

Here's how I did my FW dip for some Zoas... can you see those NUDIs already falling off? :lol:

Put the Zoas in the freshwater (I use DI)... let it rest for 1 min... then start shaking violently... or else those Nudis will not fall off :evil:

post-34-1156768712.jpg

Manage to collect these... will do another round end of the week :evil:

post-34-1156768783.jpg

My tidal wave effect!!! Turned both Tunzes to maximum power for a couple of minutes... can start to see detritus floating everywhere :lol: Been doing this almost daily and I can see much more wastes collected at the filter floss... protein skimmer also skim much more right after :)

post-34-1156771210.jpg

Can see all the flying detritus :lol:

post-34-1156771317.jpg

These 2 Cleaner Shrimps been hanging out together for a few days now... emm... something fishy is happening :heh:

post-34-1156771389.jpg

Zoas recovering... :heh:

post-34-1156777822.jpg

My lovely Red Rubies :wub:

post-34-1156777882.jpg

You got some Lovely Zoas... Got extra frags... lol...

I will frag them once I move to the new tank... in Phase II of the project, I will have a dedicated propagation area to grow Zoas :lol:

New arrival from MarineDepot :P Bought this for my new tank :)

post-34-1156860097.jpg

Let's see how the inside looks like... who wants to buy 4D ah? Got nice numbers leh :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1156860239.jpg

Got new toy must try first lah... how to wait till the new tank is ready (and filled with algae :lol: )

The grip is much stronger than my Tunze for sure. Here's a patch of stubborn algae I can't remove using my Tunze Magnet Cleaner...

As expected the Hamerhead removes it completely... but must brush many times repeatedly as those algae was there for almost a month now ;)

Lovely :wub:

Finally the Americans can do better than the Germans :lol:

post-34-1156860803.jpg