Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

My FTS... can any kind bro help suggest how I can improve my tank further? Don't tell me add a Black Tang :pinch::lol:;)

post-34-1153414461.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Gonio collection... Red, Yellow/Lime, Green and Purple... luckily the Purple Gonio is looking decently alright... was not very healthy looking when I bought it... guess that's the reason it is still in that display tank waiting for me to pick up ;)

post-34-1153414778.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro, can add 1 Black Tang? Will look good :eyebrow::lol::lol::lol:

I know someone gonna remind me about the Black Tang :lol: Err... I already have a pretty large Chevron Tang (and it is turning black as it grows :ph34r: )... so I don't think I need to spend another $500 to introduce another black colour Tang... I should leave some more room for corals instead coz I have not reach my goals yet :unsure:

gem tang? :P bro ur tank look pack already! when going for upgrade? :lol:

Haha... Gem Tang? I only get to know this fish yesterday

Gem Tang @ USD2999 Each!!!

With that kinda price tag... not in my entire life... enfortunately :(

Guys I am starting a new tank next week!!! SO EXCITING :yeah::yeah::yeah:

whats the dimension!!!

Let me see... all I know is... it is 1200 US gallons in total... minus the 00 that is :lol::lol::lol:

Came back from AM... bought some stuff alongside this nice piece of Elegance... opening up quite alright even right after introduction... lovely :wub:

The colour is Neon Yellow with Light Pink Tips... will post a BLUE pix tonight... I am just crossing my fingers now for one thing... hopefully my skimmer collection cup doesn't turn yellowish tomorrow ;)

post-34-1153482356.jpg

• SRC Member

I know someone gonna remind me about the Black Tang :lol: Err... I already have a pretty large Chevron Tang (and it is turning black as it grows :ph34r: )... so I don't think I need to spend another $500 to introduce another black colour Tang... I should leave some more room for corals instead coz I have not reach my goals yet :unsure:

:lol::lol: Kiddin bro :lol: ok ok, i saw CF's Pseudocheilinus ocellatus, or rather Mystery Wrasse, dam nice :wub::whistle I think if you add that, will be :eyebrow::yeah::lol:

Mystery Wrasse... sounds very expensive and rare to me :lol:

Here's my Red Rubies... from 7 polyps (2 months ago) to 20+ polyps... impressive growth :lol:

Another of my proud and joy... hopefully dun have to sell this one ;)

post-34-1153496937.jpg

Introduced to my tank 19 May 2006 :lol:

Emm... upon close inspection... the pattern does change a bit (especially the center mouth area)... I hope this is not a sign of deterioration :(

post-34-1153497115.jpg

Mystery wrasse abt $400 i was quoted

Ok... kinda cheap compared to a Gem Tang :lol::lol::lol:

Jem Tang wasn't the most expensive.

Try Peppermint angel.

Really... let me check... emm... does it go by another name? Can't find at Marine Centre... but found this USD1200 beauty instead Japanese Pygmy Angel

After several days of fixing... manage to maintain a constant 8 to 9dKH reading (using GroTech Kh+Ca1)... Magnesium at 1350 (using Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium)... now trying to bring up Calcium using Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium... according to dosing instructions... will be able to increase 28ppm per day... so I will need 3 to 4 days to complete the process :lol:

My current Ca is at all time low... 320ppm :o

It's time to retire my Tunze Osmolator (that comes with my Reefpack 500)... this little guy has been serving me very well for the past 6 months (incl. Nano Cube dayz)... it will make way for Aquatronica :)

post-34-1153632863.jpg

In preparation of my new Water Top Up system... will be using back the Tunze water container :)

post-34-1153633861.jpg

Japanese Pygmy Angel , what makes this fish so expensive ? other then it's rareness.

take a look at gem tang. SOLD OUT. LOL. $2,999.00

would any one dare to buy this fish and keep in the tank? would expensive fish die within a few days?

Haha... but I kinda like the look of the Japanese Pygmy Angel... very cute colouration quite close to Juvenile Chevron Tang... jsut hope they don't turn black when they grow up :lol:

I guess it's a good thing this hobby allows room for reefers to grow... imagine you started this hobby at 15... after keeping (and conquering the business world for 25 years)... you ended up being a very experienced reefer and also a multi-millionaire... now a school of Gem Tang is nothing to you anymore... just the thrill of keeping rare fishes... coz you already owned 1,000 Yellow Tang before :lol:

So we shouldn't question why but to look forward... that's what I like about this hobby... it grows with your financial capacity and that's what makes us going... in case you haven't notice... working life is so damn boring and unbearable if not for the $$$ :P

Finally... my Mg and Ca is on check!

Tested using Tropic Marin test kits:

Mg: 1400

Ca: 390

Alkalinity: 12

My KH shot up sky high thanks to the dosing of Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium. I forgotten the dosing of Ca will also increase KH... so now I can't dose Ca anymore although I would like to bring it to a 450 mark!

Will let the KH deplete for a while... until to the 9ºKH mark, then I will start to dose TM Bio-Calcium again.

I've decided to rely on CaribSea AragaMilk and PurpleUp for maintenance (Ca, KH, Mg, Strontium, Barium, Potassium)... until there's a need to FIX the parameters again... then I will use Tropic Marin again.

However, I will still continue to dose the following, once a week:

1) AquaMedic Iodine (full dosage)

2) AquaPharm Strontium (half dosage)

3) AquaMedic Trace (half dosage)

What you guys think?

I think 12ºKH is already the at the threshold right? What are the major cons of having too high akalinity... say... 15ºKH?

:thanks:

Collected this from a kind bro... lovely :wub:

Connected to my Perc 90... wanna put this little guy to test :P

post-34-1153662822.jpg