Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yea i worry it cant too. but im running ReefRelief 1.25hp so far so good lah :D

Em... not aware of such brand... must be those really pro ones :P

Here's how accurate the Arctica thermostat is... or how accurate the Aquatronica temperature probe is :upsidedown:

Is nice to be able to move the Control Unit around (since only 1 thin cable attached)... unlike other brand that can have up to 13 cables... now how to move that thing? :lol:

post-34-1152292842.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

not pro lah bro,its old brand :)

No wonder have not heard of it... but the brand name sounds a bit like selling medication for aquariums :lol:

Here's a pix of my best friend... love it! Such a simple piece of plastic... yet so so useful. It even manage to straighten back my badly folded rubber hose... need to get another piece. Colour a bit "wrong" lah... prefer is black B)

post-34-1152296707.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The kind bro collected my Teco RA240... all the best to his 2ft tank :lol: Hehe... actually he is one of the very few people that has seen my tank in person B)

This is the outlet of my chiller... obviously this is not gonna stop accidents from happening (remember Murphy's Law)... I need to drop by LFS to buy another blue plastic thingy (seen in previous pix) to avoid another major disaster :blink:

Currently already using suction caps and cable ties... but... you know... water just can't seem to stay within the tank :lol:

post-34-1152330329.jpg

Another disaster waiting to happen... I am running shot of one metal fastener... will get one at DIY shop soon... the one without the metal clip is actually the outlet... regardless not worth risking lah ;)

Hehe... sorry for all the wires going "haywire"... I will tidy things a bit... haiz... I need a sump and a cabinet <_<

post-34-1152330432.jpg

Let me share with you guys a little bit of my life outside reefing (inspired by bro Colinsoon)... this is a recent project completed by my company... we did a major revamping to the signage and wayfinding to the Night Safari Singapore... our scope of work is the design conceptualization and overseeing the implementation of the project, the fabrication is done by another alliance company :D

The pair of blue eyes will glow at night :lol: (my idea!)

post-34-1152330878.jpg

Another sign... haiz... the 3 languages... so hard to do layout leh especiallly those with a lot of information ;) For the first time... Night Safari is getting internally lit lightboxes for their directional signs... previously they rely on external spot lights... damn ugly and old fashion. The lightbox is ultra thin, decorated with lots of stuff to make it look as natural as possible :lol: For this... the fabricator really scratched their heads lor... haha it's so easy to draw on paper lor :P

post-34-1152331103.jpg

... and for the first time... my tank is experiencing the cold cold 26ºC :lol::lol::lol: ... restarted/reprogrammed Aquatronica yesterday, so the graph only shows after the restarting... emm... here's the result:

1) The tank water (after midnight only so far) rises from 26ºC to 27.5ºC within 2 hr 30 min

2) The Arctica will kick-in at 27.5ºC and bring the temperature down to 26ºC within 1 hr

Actually not too bad lah... curious how long will it take during day time... will update you guys again tonight :lol:

Later need to buy a small fan to be placed behind the Arctica (connected together to the Aquatronica). This will help disperse off the hot air... it's really really hot... shocked by it :shock:

post-34-1152332762.jpg

• SRC Member
Another disaster waiting to happen... I am running shot of one metal fastener... will get one at DIY shop soon... the one without the metal clip is actually the outlet... regardless not worth risking lah ;)

Hehe... sorry for all the wires going "haywire"... I will tidy things a bit... haiz... I need a sump and a cabinet <_<

Hi Bro,

You can try to use cable tie instead. I've tried hose clip before, they then to rust after a while ;)

You can try to use cable tie instead. I've tried hose clip before, they then to rust after a while  ;)

Since they are on the outside (not suppose to get wet... I hope it will not)... I believe the metal will not rust... the metal clip feels much more secure than the cable tie (my opinion) :lol:

bro, i dont mind adopting the duck mouth outlet gadget for some project of mine.

Sorry bro... the duck already released to the nearby lake already... coz it is full of annoying looking maroon sponges and it smells :sick: a bit!

hey bro when can let me view ur tank? hehe so impressive with so much gadgets!

Hahaha... aren't my pictures good enough? :lol:

Updatezzzzz.... sad news... don't think my Leopard Wrasse can last much longer... my Six Line been chasing her all day long since yesterday (dunno why) ;) Already... damaged her tail :cry:

post-34-1152430557.jpg

And this guy is also kinda aggressive... dare to fight with my Chevron Tang ;)

post-34-1152431697.jpg

At least my Zoos Garden looks calm and peaceful :rolleyes:

post-34-1152431774.jpg

Ok... not everything is as dark and gloomy as the weather outside... the mother Rud Buby polyp is opening again (top right corner... after closed for a week)

Bro Hammy... is yours opening too? Looking at the size of the polyp... I think the mother sacrificed already... taken over by a new daugther polyp... will update you guys again on this :)

post-34-1152432919.jpg

My Xenia-looking hitchiker... growing so rapidly... now the official new home for my queer False Perc ;)

post-34-1152433104.jpg

This is how insane the hobby can get... (better hide all these in the store room before someone finds out :lol: )

post-34-1152433527.jpg

So sad to see it hiding like this... it use to be a very dignified specimen :(

post-34-1152439764.jpg

Hi jervis. May I know which DC model r u using? Pix very good leh... :rolleyes:

I'm using Sony DSC-N1 :)