Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Getting the next bigger chiller may be better if you intend to upgrade. Also you don't have to worry when you need to add more heat generating equipments etc.

Bro... I can't afford a 1/4hp lah... considering how hard it is for me to sell my existing chiller (I think $300 also cannot sell). So, can't really plan too far ahead... all I know is... my chiller is running 2 1/2 hours in a stretch and that's bad news... bad for my pocket... bad for me coz I'm like sweating every night ;)

No, I will not be adding more heat generating equipments to the setup :lol:

Another thing is... I don't think the 1/4hp can support my next upgrade :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Bro... I can't afford a 1/4hp lah... considering how hard it is for me to sell my existing chiller (I think $300 also cannot sell). So, can't really plan too far ahead... all I know is... my chiller is running 2 1/2 hours in a stretch and that's bad news... bad for my pocket... bad for me coz I'm like sweating every night ;)

No, I will not be adding more heat generating equipments to the setup :lol:

Another thing is... I don't think the 1/4hp can support my next upgrade :lol::lol::lol:

Get the bigger one lah! Arctica is a very reliable brand and if u wanna sell it off, sure got pple grab one! :lol:

Get the bigger one lah! Arctica is a very reliable brand and if u wanna sell it off, sure got pple grab one! :lol:

Haiz... I guess the Deltec CR will have to wait longer then :( You guys are really bad influence lor :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Haiz... I guess the Deltec CR will have to wait longer then :( You guys are really bad influence lor :lol::lol::lol:

Use the DIY drip method for your calcium if yr CA level does not drop dramatically. ;)

Juz my 1 cent! :P

Use the DIY drip method for your calcium if yr CA level does not drop dramatically. ;)

Juz my 1 cent! :P

Well... I can always explore that... that will save me a lot of trouble also... dunno where to put it... and have 2 run 2 more pumps ;)

In your drawer? Vaseline petroleum jelly?

Haha... time to play with a bit of Petroleum Jelly tonight :erm: Update tonight :P

why not just get a plastic bottle .. DIY a drip and dose ur tank? cheaper and saves electricity too... not to mention no heat generated .. haha

You mean this? Haha... I've been using this Aqua Medic (cheapo) brine shrimp hatcher for more than a week now and I love it! :lol:

post-34-1152242341.jpg

Revealing... :heh:

post-34-1152272698.jpg

Wow.... u finally get it!

I know... finally :) You think I should start a product review? I got 2 bros ask me to start leh... but Arctica is nothing new... so dunno got readership or not ;)

Jelly jelly jelly :D

Today is the day to upkeep my AquaMedic NR1000 a bit... firstly I dose in Denimar for additional feeding for the anaerobic bacterias thriving within the chamber...

post-34-1152278320.jpg

Here's how hungry my bacterias are... my Denniballs... the consumed one is in there for more than 2 months... the newer ones I added a month ago... I always joke about "my balls kena eaten by bacterias" :sick:

post-34-1152278428.jpg

Here's a closer look at the K-W Jelly :lol:

Note: I bought this bottle just for this usage... no other purpose :lol:

post-34-1152278620.jpg

Here's how I apply to the AquaMedic Dosing Pump SP3000... pretty easy and everything is as smooth as new :lol:

post-34-1152278769.jpg

The result? Totally undetectable NO3 (both low and high resolution reading)... and the PO4 is also undetectable. Just changed to a Phosban Reactor 150 using Pura Complete. The bag of Aquapharm SORB-4 is still inside my IOS (introduced more than a month ago). Hehe... not bad lah... considering how overstock my tank is :lol:

post-34-1152278897.jpg

wow, 2 months old deniballs get consume very fast. My deniballs is 6 months old but have been consumed very little. What is yr feeding regime of the denimar?

Hehe... the badly consumed Deniballs were the first batch to be introduced... that time Aqua Mart only left with a few pieces from their decom NR, so I desperately bought it since there isn't any to be found in the market at that time... I dosed Denimar every 2 to 3 days for the first 2 months. Then a kind bro sold me a pack of Deniballs (last month). Ever since, the consumption of Deniballs are not as rapid as before. Now I only dose Denimar every 2 weeks... is it enough?

I am such a BLOODY FOOL :cry::cry::cry: I really dunno how to tell you guys... err... haiz... you see the 2-way split w/ duck beak thingy in the pix? That is the reason why my Teco RA240 was running 2 1/2 hours to chill 1.5ºC :pinch: After I removed it... connect the new chiller... once I switch on my Aquabee 3000... the water sorta gushes out like nothing I've seen before :shock:

All the while... I've been running the Aquabee 3000 at a much much reduced rate due to the strong resistance at the outlet :pinch: Damn it... and I blamed the Teco and suspected the head loss :(

Now anyone interested to adopt this cute little piece of invert?

post-34-1152283462.jpg

oh dear..so u still selling off ur teco?

I know... sorta silly right? Now I sold it at a 70% loss :pinch: But nevermind lah... always wanted to try Arctica anyway... see if it's really that impressive :lol: Buyer will collect tomorrow morning :)

by the way bro,where to get the geese to apply in the dosing pump ar and do u run it 24/7?

I bought it from pharmacy... look for the one I bough (in pix)... it's really good, just make sure you don't touch it... it's really sticky :sick: Yes I ran my SP3000 24/7 :nc:

oh sorrie,saw ur new toy liaoz.. so cfm selling right? :)

Already reserved... collect tomorrow morning... honestly the Teco RA240 might not be able to support your 4ft tank leh... with MH somemore :P