Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Flashback: The Aqua Medic Light Computer in action... pix taken 3 weeks ago :P

post-34-1151682588.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night falls... this little guy leans on my Crocea ;)

post-34-1151688328.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Tiny Stars coming out at night... not visible at all during day time :lol:

post-34-1151688418.jpg

• SRC Member

Jervismun,

1) Thanks for the fig. :D

2) Aqua Medic Light Computer. Wa lao a .... Hardly use now going into cold storage liao ah.

3) Office tank !? :heh: U just can't stop can you !? Heh heh.

4) :huh: Oooh tiny stars so cute !!! :yeah: Any idea what type is it !?

5) U know why some have so good memory ? Cos yours is a nice tank mah.

Guys do not speculate... I planning a very modest tank for my office, maybe a 2ft (even smaller). Can't handle so much water... I want to create a Nano this time. As for my next BIG upgrading... most probably 1 year later... I still have so much to learn and keep on upgrading is very distracting :lol:

• SRC Member
Bro... since you so :cry2::cry2::cry2: ok lah... the Sotong goes to you!!!

Here are the winners for today:

1) Monki - Mysterious 9th figurine

2) Devinesloth - Puffer/Porcupine Fish

3) Altantis - Yellow Tang (of course)

4) Lyz77 - Nemo

5) Jacobus - Moorish Idol (bro remember our MIs?)

6) Hammy - Turtle (reserved only, he will have to win the game in order to get it)

7) Cyder_15 - Sotong

8) Maxstar81 - Nemo's Dad

9) Colinsoon - Blue Tang

Those who I will not be meeting soon... kindly PM me your mailing address :lol:

Congratulations!!! (It pays to log on SRC during working hours :fear: )

wahahhaah i won something too!! thanks man bro :)

Guys I have a new piece of equipment to introduce tonight (hopefully)... not a TOY coz I really really needs it to stabilize my parameters :lol: Let's hope all goes well today :)

No on second thoughts... I should at least discuss with you guys so that I don't have another WTS at Pasar Malam 1 month down the road ;)

Ok here's my plan... a CR (finally) :erm:

Deltec - PF 501

New 4th generation Calcium Reactors

post-34-1151817216.gif

Extracted from Deltec's UK Website:

Features of Mark 4 Fluidised Reactors

1.   - Water inlet with Micro Filter to remove debris.

2.   - Water flow control tap on inlet supply.

3.   - Outlet pipe.

4.   - Port for optional pH probe.

5.   - Top and bottom sponges to retain media  

(bottom sponge not shown for clarity)

6.   - CO2 bubble counter with non return valve.

7.   - Recirculation pump.

8.   - New lid section is completely removable for

easy filling and cleaning.

9.   - Acrylic body showing central down pipe.

10. - Perforated diffuser plate below sponge.

11. - Cone base for even water flow through plate.

Selling at $800+ :pinch: Do you guys think this is a good choice?

I hope the CR can help maintain my KH (to at least 9 to 10 dkH) and Calcium (450). But of course, it will also lower my pH by 0.2 (at least)... so I will only activate it during the peak of my pH reading (that is between 8 to 11pm).

I do not intend to run the CR (dosing water into main tank) for 24/7. Bro Happy is only running it 4 hours a day. Since the PF 501 is way oversized for my tank... I hope I can just run it for 2 hours daily (maybe 8.30pm to 10.30pm) to further reduce the gap between the highest-lowest pH of the day.

Appreciate your inputs on this... coz this is my first CR and this is definitely not a plug-and-play TOY ;)

post-34-1151818041.gif

I have 2 BIG questions:

1) Can I use my Aquatronica pH probe? I hope I don't have to do any DIY or source for some connector (or something like that) ;)

2) What about Magnesium? I've been told that the Deltec Rowalith C+ also releases Magnesium into the water... can any kind bro confirm this? If not, can I add other medium such as Magnesium Pro into the same chamber?

:thanks: in advance!

According to the graph (for yesterday) the highest pH is between 10pm to 12am... the lowest pH is between 10.30am to 12.30pm.

So I have the following plan:

Calcium Reactor

Duration: 10pm to 12am

Pros: Adds calcium (and Magnesium), increase KH

Cons: Lower pH by at least 0.2

Kalkwasser Dispenser

Duration: 10.30am to 12.30pm

Pros: Adds calcium, increase pH

Cons: Lower KH

So by combining the 2 (activated at the stated timing), I can get the following benefit:

1) Constant high calcium

2) More stable KH (The Deltec CR & Rowalith C+ is known to maintain high KH significantly over time)

3) More stable pH... close the fluctuation gap between day and night... at least by 0.2 :lol:

4) Maintain high Magnesium level

Sounds like a solid plan huh? Bro... if you think I can improve the system further, feel free to drop me a line :bow:

The Black line (in the pix) is showing Redox reading... wonder why it is directly opposite of pH... will do more research on Redox next :D

post-34-1151836325.jpg

Very sad!!! My Sand Sifting Star kissing my Stream 6100 :cry2::cry2::cry2: Dunno how it gets up there... normally it stays at the sand bed... unless it was being carried up there... crabs? mantis? :cry:

post-34-1151842747.jpg

I lowered the ATI Powermodul... hehe brighter than ever :lol:

post-34-1151842854.jpg

Lovely :wub:

Saw a nice green Anchor colony at bro Happy's place... Anchor Anchor here I come :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1151842969.jpg

Hehe... bro Altantis... this is for you :rolleyes:

post-34-1151843061.jpg

My Florida Rics... the 7-mouths polyp is totally out of shape (left corner entire stretch elongated polyp)

The Yellow polyp on top has 2 mouths :)

post-34-1151843289.jpg

hi bro Jervis. See any nice Anchor/hammer corals anywhere? Dun seems to find nice specimens lately.

I bought mine from Reef n Nature... they always have nice nice hammer :lol: Anchor a bit harder to find especially the really intense green ones :unsure:

Wow getting nicer and nicer. How much do you feed daily?

Do you dose anything to keep your gonio so happy? :D

Gonio happy thanks to ATI :) I also feed them Roti-Feast (twice weekly), sometimes Cyclopeeze and Reefroids. I hope my Red Gonio can be happier :nc:

will your gonio and hammer stink each other ;)

nice tank :)

Oh they will... right now they are still 2+ inches apart (fully stretched)... that's why I am very stress now... dunno what to do next... but looking at the situation I might have to sell off my giant colony of Hammer pretty soon ;)

But Hammer, Frogspawn, True Octo and Torch can co-exist :lol:

• SRC Member
I have 2 BIG questions:

1) Can I use my Aquatronica pH probe? I hope I don't have to do any DIY or source for some connector (or something like that) ;)

2) What about Magnesium? I've been told that the Deltec Rowalith C+ also releases Magnesium into the water... can any kind bro confirm this? If not, can I add other medium such as Magnesium Pro into the same chamber?

:thanks: in advance!

You mean aquatronica ph probe is of different diameter? Is it about the same diameter as American Marine pH probe? I'm using that probe for my deltec CR.

I was also told that Rowalith C+ contains Mg, but I think it is not enough to sustain our Mg requirement. I need to use Mg Pro to maintain.

Before the "maintaining part", I use Tropic Marin bio-Mg to bring it up first <_<

I'm using both C+ and Mg Pro in the same CR ;)

You mean aquatronica ph probe is of different diameter? Is it about the same diameter as American Marine pH probe? I'm using that probe for my deltec CR.

I was also told that Rowalith C+ contains Mg, but I think it is not enough to sustain our Mg requirement. I need to use Mg Pro to maintain.

Before the "maintaining part", I use Tropic Marin bio-Mg to bring it up first <_<

I'm using both C+ and Mg Pro in the same CR ;)

Thanks bro Subxero... thought nobody interested in this topic... so I quickly posted some nice pix instead...

The pH Probe should be same diameter... coz I have not physically played with a Deltec CR before, so can't tell if there's a need for connector or something... the AquaMedic CR requires a special socket ;) Will probably bring my probe down to RD when I get my salary <_<

Yalor... I am also thinking of using Mg Pro... thanks bro for confirming that... so what's the right proportion to add? Which bottom, which top?

Ok I will consider using the Tropic Marin Bio-Mg as I've read a lot of good reviews about it... although quite costly :nc:

Are you using the PF501? Or larger model? Do you think 2 hours of running is unrealistic?