REEF NUTRITION™

jervismun

Bros... I don't usually off my pumps and skimmer when I feed my fishes. Only turn off my Tunze 6100 for 10 mins... too much of a hassle lor :lol: Anyway the floating pods is not a big issue at all... just want to share with you guys more details as promised. I don't only report positive things lor :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off all pumps when you feed then.

Can I buy 5ml from you to feed my pipefish?

If you don't mind travelling to Woodlands to pick up... I can spare you some. Aiya... dunno how to sell lah... I need to find a small little container though... if interested PM me.

Note: This offer is only available to bro Neokn... sorry guys :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

maybe i need to try this product already.

but is it still in stock ???

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I dun off my pump, skimmer or wave maker! I simply target the Arcti-Pods at my seio and it will be blow to the middle/ bottom of the tank! By then, all my fish will finish it off! :lol:

You have very hungry fishies :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Good to know you are honest in your report...hehehe it will make you more credible.

Anyway the float-offs 20% in percentage terms as mentioned is reflective in the overall usable bottle? ie. 80% is ultimately used?

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Good to know you are honest in your report...hehehe it will make you more credible.

Anyway the float-offs 20% in percentage terms as mentioned is reflective in the overall usable bottle? ie. 80% is ultimately used?

As suggested by a few other bros... it really depends on your feeding method. I believe my method is not optimum yet therefore wastage is inevitable... I am trying out different feeding methods to further minimize wastage... it also depends on how lazy/spoilt your fishes are... like mine... they try not to feed on the surface as it is less elegant :lol::lol::lol:

I dun think the stock will be in soon as they got too many new product to launch recentyl! :lol:

Hahaha... and I just bought a new fish food for my spoilt fishes... if got time I will start a new review!!! Tune in :lol::lol::lol:

U mean the ###### Food! I got one too! :lol:

Hey!!! How come ah?!? Ok lah I will let you start a thread this time... I will join in short after... my new Toy is gonna keep me busy for a while lor :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Was at AquaMarin just now... haha another reefer looking for this great product... come on AM... DHL over!!!

• SRC Member

finally found this thread ..

for those using Henry's feed .. don't bother trying this .. 50% of my fish rejected this :(

If you have not found anything better .. then this is good .. and it gets the harder to feed fishes to start eating ..

my cleaner wrass outright rejected this .. but my leopard wrass started feeding immediately (he has never eaten the food I fed the rest before)

all my tangs are rubbish bin .. so they ate everything up ..

I found my grazers loved it .. and my omnivores prefer Henry's mix

are they good ?? 50/50 ..

personal opinions .. based on observations of feeding patterns ..

aquatronica7na.gif

• SRC Member

Juz got my roti feast yest night... bro jervis, hope my small goni k open up 50% as nice as yours ;)

Bro jervis, btw after u fed roti-feast to yr corals (i think u got feed around two weeks liao), is yr corals opening significantly much better b4 u use the product?

And k i check with u, how often do u feed yr tank with roti feast? Daily? Thanks

Juz got my roti feast yest night... bro jervis, hope my small goni k open up 50% as nice as yours  ;) 

Bro jervis, btw after u fed roti-feast to yr corals (i think u got feed around two weeks liao), is yr corals opening significantly much better b4 u use the product?

And k i check with u, how often do u feed yr tank with roti feast? Daily? Thanks

Hi there

My Gonio? Well... I guess I was lucky to pick up a nice healthy specimen (to begin with).

I feed Roti-Feast™ twice a week only. All I can say is... my corals are getting much healthier as my tank matures... I wouldn't give all credits to Roti-Feast™ alone as I am also feeding a whole range of pretty good food/supplements namely:

1. Polyp Lab Reef Roid (once a week)

2. Polyp Lab System Reef-resh (every night)

3. DT's Phytoplankton (once a week... oh dear... now I remember, I ran out of it)

4. Argent's Cyclopeeze & Marinium Zooplankton (once a week)

5. Occasional dumping of Henry's Mix (I only do it once every 2 weeks as I find Henry's Mix too rich. I can immediately see the effect on my skimmer... it sorta pollutes the tank too much).

6. Blah blah blah...

Do not expect Roti-Feast™ to do magic... treat it as another form of food source/supplement for your lovely corals... and due to slightly higher cost, I don't think this product should form your "one-and-only-daily-food-source" for your corals.

Variety is the answer :lol:

finally found this thread ..

for those using Henry's feed .. don't bother trying this .. 50% of my fish rejected this :(

If you have not found anything better .. then this is good .. and it gets the harder to feed fishes to start eating ..

my cleaner wrass outright rejected this .. but my leopard wrass started feeding immediately (he has never eaten the food I fed the rest before)

all my tangs are rubbish bin .. so they ate everything up ..

I found my grazers loved it .. and my omnivores prefer Henry's mix

are they good ?? 50/50 ..

personal opinions .. based on observations of feeding patterns ..

Hi Gunzo

Happy to hear that your Leopard Wrasse is finally eating (although it happens to reject Henry's Mix).

As for your Cleaner Wrasse... well... they are a "pain-in-the-arse" to feed actually, my deceased specimen at least touched Polyp Lab Reef Roid and Cyclopeeze.

One of the reasons why Henry's Mix is well accepted by most fishes is... IT IS A MIX!!! And it smells really "fishy" and it pollutes the tank quite badly. For me, I try not to feed it too often as it creates too much of a mess in the tank... (I do not own a Beckett or a Deltec :lol: )

I tried soaking the Arcti-Pods™ with Seachem Garlic Guard and I find it more effective in enticing picky eaters.

As mentioned in my previous post... VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY... it is an expensive food source... more like Caviar for the fishes (imagine... coming all the way from the Arctic)... so feed sparingly, don't spoilt your fishes too much :lol:

Once again, congratz upon your LW feeding... I am lucky to get my LW feed on pellets nowadays :)

i have very positive result with roti feast and arcticpods :)

i think ya it is an extravagent things.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Remember to keep it refridgerated once open or else it will not last long :lol: I plan to buy a bottle every 3 months :P

• SRC Member

Hi there

My Gonio? Well... I guess I was lucky to pick up a nice healthy specimen (to begin with).

I feed Roti-Feast™ twice a week only. All I can say is... my corals are getting much healthier as my tank matures... I wouldn't give all credits to Roti-Feast™ alone as I am also feeding a whole range of pretty good food/supplements namely:

1. Polyp Lab Reef Roid (once a week)

2. Polyp Lab System Reef-resh (every night)

3. DT's Phytoplankton (once a week... oh dear... now I remember, I ran out of it)

4. Argent's Cyclopeeze & Marinium Zooplankton (once a week)

5. Occasional dumping of Henry's Mix (I only do it once every 2 weeks as I find Henry's Mix too rich. I can immediately see the effect on my skimmer... it sorta pollutes the tank too much).

6. Blah blah blah...

Do not expect Roti-Feast™ to do magic... treat it as another form of food source/supplement for your lovely corals... and due to slightly higher cost, I don't think this product should form your "one-and-only-daily-food-source" for your corals.

Variety is the answer :lol:

Thanks for yr reply, bro

Btw right now, i am feeding my corals with Marinium Zooplankton,

aquapharm 5-in-1 coral food and target feeding them with mysis shrimps...

so now adding in the most expensive of all.. roti-feast :ph34r:

Hope that its enough variety for them to grow well and gd ;)

I'm sure your corals and fishes will thrive under such wide variety of food... it's also more fun for us reefers to feed different types of food lah... or else so boring... I have 6 different types of pellets also... just to make myself happy!!!

:thanks: as u knw tht for rotifiers they have a lifespan

so is it only better tht when we buy from e supplier the stock shld b bought asap

if we buy a later date the number of rotifiers will decrease

refrigeration only slower the process the rotifers feed

so can i clarified with any of u guys tht is it only after e expiry date tht the number of rotifiers start decreasing?

maybe due to e food they r eatin inside e bottles r used up?

can PM me ur views?

10s alot bros..

me intend to use tis to feed my nemo

cus e female nemo have been giving birth since 1 yr ago non-stop..

3 spawns every mth just imagine how much babies there r..

but so far no 1 hav been able to come up with a economic n time saving way to supply rotifiers..

most babies die in e 1st week due to concentraion of rotifiers not enuff...

(i din breed them cus i dun hav time to harvest e rotifiers)

Hope to hear an ans. from u guys soon... :thanks::thanks:

Let me try to answer you here for the benefit for other readers...

First of all... congratz!!! Nemo breeding non-stop in captivity is a very good sign :lol:

1) Yes, Roti-Feast™ has a lifespan

2) Yes, it is better to buy from a fresh source (just like we buy fresh produce from market)... that's why AM only bring in limited amount every month... they don't keep stock for long... that's why sometimes reefers get disappointed if the demand gets higher than supply... I heard US side demand too high... so they can only send limited bottles to our tiny little island.

3) The date stated on the bottle is based on no-refrigeration... so if you are to keep it in the fridge all the time... it will prolong the expiry date by 3 months.

4) I'm sure your baby Nemos will enjoy Roti-Feast™ very much... so what are you planning to do once they grow up? Perhaps you wanna try selling them :)

Was at AM today... saw a reefer bought a bottle, I think they still have stock for this month :)