CUBE Tank

lyz77

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn..... Being adjusting the NR1000 drip counter for the past few days and yet to control it to 1-2 drops per second!!! :angry:

Now you know why I plan to use my Aquatronica Dosing Pump to do the job... let me help you post this pix for the benefit of the readers :lol:

post-34-1150479935.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Now you know why I plan to use my Aquatronica Dosing Pump to do the job... let me help you post this pix for the benefit of the readers :lol:

Thks bro! I notice no matter how I adjust the valve, the drip is rather inconsistent. May be partly due to the lousy SP3000! <_<

Thks bro! I notice no matter how I adjust the valve, the drip is rather inconsistent. May be partly due to the lousy SP3000! <_<

The flow will become a bit more consistent over time... but still... IMO... dun worry about the flow too much :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Jus complete my water chg and cleaning all the wool/ sponge!!! :snore:

Not sure why my Ca shoot up to 450ppm and Mg >1500ppm after water chg! ME salt should not have much issue as I had been using it for quite sometiime! :unsure:

The weird thing is, my KH is only 8dhk but both my Ca & Mg is so high!!! :cry2:

Other then performing another water chg, wht else can I do??? :(

Retest your Ca and Mg... and perhaps look for another set of test kits to double-confirm. I bought the Tropic Marine Ca+Mg for the same reason... to double confirm my Salifert's and they are usually very close.

Your Ca perfect... and I don't think high Mg is too much of a concern as it will drop pretty quickly once you start stocking corals... low KH can be easily solved... cheaply too... and 8 is not like a bad situation yet... so Im not sure another round of water change is necessary...

Hey, don't be "kiasu" lah... if you so free... help me change water lah :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Retest your Ca and Mg... and perhaps look for another set of test kits to double-confirm. I bought the Tropic Marine Ca+Mg for the same reason... to double confirm my Salifert's and they are usually very close.

Your Ca perfect... and I don't think high Mg is too much of a concern as it will drop pretty quickly once you start stocking corals... low KH can be easily solved... cheaply too... and 8 is not like a bad situation yet... so Im not sure another round of water change is necessary...

Hey, don't be "kiasu" lah... if you so free... help me change water lah  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Haha.... I will bring my TOYOGO 28gal special salt mix bucket to help u chg water!!! :lol:

DSC00102.jpg

I am using a normal Sony digicam DSC-N1... the one with the very large touch LCD screen (1 year old model)... for me it is good enough coz I usually photo edit before posting... perhaps you wanna consider the Olympus new models... those fully waterproof ones... then you can submerge your cam inside the tank and shoot macro without distortion from the glass :lol:

• SRC Member
I am using a normal Sony digicam DSC-N1... the one with the very large touch LCD screen (1 year old model)... for me it is good enough coz I usually photo edit before posting... perhaps you wanna consider the Olympus new models... those fully waterproof ones... then you can submerge your cam inside the tank and shoot macro without distortion from the glass  :lol:

Yes... if the result Olympus is good... please inform Bro Jervis and me LOL :lol:

P/s: I using Sony DSC-T9 (6 mp) where Bro Jervis one is 8 mp

• SRC Member
I am using a normal Sony digicam DSC-N1... the one with the very large touch LCD screen (1 year old model)... for me it is good enough coz I usually photo edit before posting... perhaps you wanna consider the Olympus new models... those fully waterproof ones... then you can submerge your cam inside the tank and shoot macro without distortion from the glass :lol:

Waterproof!!!! Must be expensive!!! :P

• SRC Member

Yes... if the result Olympus is good... please inform Bro Jervis and me LOL :lol:

P/s: I using Sony DSC-T9 (6 mp) where Bro Jervis one is 8 mp

Wow... T9 can already get such a good shot. The T9 only hv digital zoom but not optical zoom rite?

Wow... T9 can already get such a good shot. The T9 only hv digital zoom but not optical zoom rite?

For me... I don't even Zoom at all... just make sure the camera comes with a damn good macro (close-up) feature... that you will use almost all the time. I got the Olympus leaflet with me now (got it from Orchard, outside Citibank) and the 720SW is selling at $749. It features:

• 7.1 MP

• Waterproof up to 3 metres!!!

• Bright capture tech.

• Image stabilizer (can be very useful for moving LS)

• and etc.

You may wanna drop by their booth at Orchard coz they are giving away loads of freebies now includ. extra memory cards and digital workshop!!!

Ok enough promotion :lol::lol::lol:

Your Yuma is looking alright to me... no worries :lol: And it's quite a beauty :lol:

• SRC Member

For me... I don't even Zoom at all... just make sure the camera comes with a damn good macro (close-up) feature... that you will use almost all the time. I got the Olympus leaflet with me now (got it from Orchard, outside Citibank) and the 720SW is selling at $749. It features:

• 7.1 MP

• Waterproof up to 3 metres!!!

• Bright capture tech.

• Image stabilizer (can be very useful for moving LS)

• and etc.

You may wanna drop by their booth at Orchard coz they are giving away loads of freebies now includ. extra memory cards and digital workshop!!!

Ok enough promotion :lol::lol::lol:

Your Yuma is looking alright to me... no worries :lol: And it's quite a beauty :lol:

Thks bro! If u happen to pass by there again,can help me check when will the offer end? :thanks:

Why are you giving it away?!? It is quite nice :D

• SRC Member
Why are you giving it away?!? It is quite nice :D

This fellow eat like a pig and I already got 2 sand dollar. So wanna remove this fellow so that it won't complete for food with others! :P

But you tank is so huge... sure have enough room for it to clean up... since catching it can be a hassle (if not impossible)... maybe leave it in there lah...