CUBE Tank

lyz77

• SRC Member

Another update of my lighting fixture.

1.jpg

Notice the special connector used for the fixture! :eyebrow:

3.jpg

4.jpg

With the special connector and the external e-ballast, I can easily replace the ballast without the need to dismantle the fixture! Upz..... :yeah:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have narrow down to Deltec & AquaMedic CR. Which one will you choose???:heh:

Bro I might get a CR too... will follow your decision closely... you go find out first :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Since you've used two bucket of Hydrocarbonat for your sand bed, why waste $$$ on the CR? :huh:

True actually... bro with the money... you might wanna consider upgrading to Tunze wavemaker... your SEIO looks kinda out of place with your high-end setup :heh: 2 x 6100 + Multicontroller... or 2 x 6100 + Aquatronica (or IKS) :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Since you've used two bucket of Hydrocarbonat for your sand bed, why waste $$$ on the CR? :huh:

My Ca is still rather low, ard 390-400PPM. The Hydrocarbonat will only help in a certain extend but still does not work as effectively as a CR.

Imagine if it's able to release/ maintain my Ca level, then I'm gonna spend more $ cos my SB will be thinner and thinner day by day. Furthermore, need to hv CO2 to dissolve the calcium media! ;)

• SRC Member

True actually... bro with the money... you might wanna consider upgrading to Tunze wavemaker... your SEIO looks kinda out of place with your high-end setup :heh: 2 x 6100 + Multicontroller... or 2 x 6100 + Aquatronica (or IKS) :lol::lol::lol:

U r right bro! Will come up with my wishlist shortly! Can't really go full swing to get all items as I'm EXTREMELY tight with my budget after the house renovation!!! Need to save up for my customary too! <_<

Still waiting for you to let go your tunze!!! :P

My Ca is still rather low, ard 390-400PPM. The Hydrocarbonat will only help in a certain extend but still does not work as effectively as a CR.

Imagine if it's able to release/ maintain my Ca level, then I'm gonna spend more $ cos my SB will be thinner and thinner day by day. Furthermore, need to hv CO2 to dissolve the calcium media! ;)

Why not try kalkwasser? I've been dosing it and it's cheap, reliable and effective in maintaining calcium within range... of course can't compare to a CR lah... you can consider the Deltec KM500... cool stuff :lol: I almost bought it :erm:

• SRC Member

My wishlist!!!.... :lol:

Aquarium Computer - IKS or Aquatronica

Aquatronica

post-20-1150042865.jpg

IKS

post2031150249082small2xu.jpg

Wave maker

TS24.jpg

Kalkwasser Stirrer - Deltec or AquaMedic

Deltec - KM500

kalkstirr_spawn.jpg

AquaMedic - KS100

AMstirrer.jpg

Protein Skimmer - AP702 or AP902

Deltec - AP702

AP702.gif

Deltec - AP902

ap902.jpg

Bro you do know how to choose your equipment lor... emm... how come our taste about the same ah?!? :lol::lol::lol: Must go visit you one day already :)

Reading ur tank tread is like reading one off reefcentral. Have to comment its one of the more interesting treads i have come across.

ur tank design is excellent. just need some more equipments. . personally i will go for full deltec. . which incudes the CR and skimmer. Performance wise is unbelieveable.

cheers.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Both of you wallet also the same :lol: "Wo Di Dong" :bow::bow:

Bro, my wallet already burn liao! So it's not a bottom less pit!! Dun have car like u all, relying on my no. 11! :lol:

As for Bro Jevis, I believe he's more LOADED! :evil:

:lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Reading ur tank tread is like reading one off reefcentral. Have to comment its one of the more interesting treads i have come across.

:thanks: for your compliment!!!

ur tank design is excellent. just need some more equipments. . personally i will go for full deltec. . which  incudes the CR and skimmer. Performance wise is unbelieveable.

cheers.

Me too! I think there's a higher chance that I will go for Deltec. :heh:

But need to stock up some biscuit and water as I will need to rely on them for months when I get those gadgets! :lol:

Oh dear... where are the Deniballs? If you not using Deniballs... u will have to dose Denimar (via that little syringe) everyday :lol:

What's the NO3 level in your tank right now? The higher your NO3, the faster the NR1000 will kick-in :lol:

As for Bro Jevis, I believe he's more LOADED!  :evil:

I am more LOADED becoz I didn't just reno the house... like you... shhh... don't say too loud... later both of us "kena" flame for going hi-tech... you know lar... a lot of red eyes around :ph34r::ph34r::fear:

• SRC Member
Oh dear... where are the Deniballs? If you not using Deniballs... u will have to dose Denimar (via that little syringe) everyday :lol:

What's the NO3 level in your tank right now? The higher your NO3, the faster the NR1000 will kick-in :lol:

Mine is ard 50ppm which is damn high leh! It's like that since day one, but luckily, my fishes is still able to take it!

Deniballs no stock at the moment. Most probably with drop by Aqua Mart at the end of the month to get the BALLS.... for my NR1000! :lol:

• SRC Member

I am more LOADED becoz I didn't just reno the house... like you... shhh... don't say too loud... later both of us "kena" flame for going hi-tech... you know lar... a lot of red eyes around :ph34r::ph34r::fear:

:lol::lol::lol:

U mean this!!! :eyebrow:

deb5b673.jpg