My First 15 G Tank

yaoza

B) This is my family's very first Marine Tank !!! Hope it would mature more in the future.

Tank Specs :

15 Gal glass Tank

Red Sea Prism Hang-on Protein Skimmer

Resun CL85 Chiller

EHEIM Aqua Ball 2208 - Internal Filter 480 /L

Jet 3358 Canister Filter 1300 /L

Light - F24T5/15000K (3x)

Attached Pics to be followed.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clean and nice setup... and moving the chiller further away from the tank is a smart idea :) How's your clam doing? If it is not doing well... don't worry, they can be quite demanding at times... if it is doing well... congratz!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Ah a nice colony of Zoos... great choice... Zoos are always very nice to introduce at the beginning :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My Tank cycled for 1M+. Basic water parameter has been checked using Red Sea Marine Lab ...so far everyting is normal including temp and slinity level.

LS I intend to have in a couple of months :

1 Cleaning Crew (shrimp, snail, crab)

1 LPS - Tube Coral, Orange samll

1 LPS - Brain Coral

1 Blue Tang

1 Flame Angel

2 Tube Worm - Dwarf Colored Feather Duster

:idea: couldn't ask for more...... $$$$$$

• SRC Member

Welcome. A good start is a key to success in reefing.

:paiseh: You are even ahead of me in providing a good tank environment for your LS (equiped with Chiller). With this a lot of coral will thrive well with other parameters in place proper.

As for some of the LS that you intend to have later, below are my view (for your reference only):

1) Cleaning Crew (shrimp, snail, crab) - No harm having them now since they help to clean our tank. You can even have a snail & crab now as they are more hardy.

2) Blue Tang - Only worry is the common ich

3) Flame Angel - This should be the last LS in your list. Only keep this fish if the rest is doing well.

Important Tip- Proper acclimation of new LS before you place them in your tank.

Useful Site - http://www.liveaquaria.com/

Good luck and happy reefing :P

Your setup is pretty simple but getting the RED SEA protein skimmer is a very good first step. For me, the success of a system very much lies on the effectiveness of the protein skimmer... its ability to remove excess nutrients and detritus from the water instantly... with your water volume, you can be sure that the skimmer will run super efficiently :)

Good investment :)

I got my chiller from this LFS :

NATURE AQUARIUM

Blk 1, Thomson Road # 01-340

Balestier Hill Shopping Centre

Singapore 300001

(Opposite Thomson Medical Centre)

Tel # 62556051

Price : $ 195.00 (SGD)

:eyebrow: Cheers !

I got my chiller from this LFS :

NATURE AQUARIUM

Blk 1, Thomson Road # 01-340

Balestier Hill Shopping Centre

Singapore 300001

(Opposite Thomson Medical Centre)

Tel # 62556051

Price : $ 195.00 (SGD)

:eyebrow:  Cheers !

Wah so much details... em I didn't know there's a LFS there. A lot of fishes and corals there? And that's definitely a good price for a chiller :lol: What's the power consumption in Watt?

• SRC Member

Did U soak your zoos b4 U put into tank!?

Zoo are often plagued by nudis. Be very

careful if U want to put more zoos. Make

sure existing and incoming zoos no nudis.

Or U will find out the hard way how nudis

can affect your tank !!! :evil:

Nice clean set up. I also have the small

internal pump. Is it enough for your

chiller !? CL85 for less than 200....

Not bad at all.

Cheers ! Hope to see more pics soon. ;)

• SRC Member

Wah so much details... em I didn't know there's a LFS there. A lot of fishes and corals there? And that's definitely a good price for a chiller :lol: What's the power consumption in Watt?

Jervis Bro... Nature Aquarium aka NA is a Freshwater Planted LFS... I got most of my plants and shrimps (Freshwater) there... very nice family LFS very helpful too... they diy lights as well ;)

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

Hi Yaoza, thanks for your reply. May i is the chiller noisy as in make alot of noise? Btw, tat's cheap for a chiller. And oso how abt the chiller working so far? Has it give you any trouble?

Thanks!

Hehe let me try to answer *mr. smart guy*... I've considered that model before when I first started my Nano Cube. This model is not using coil/compressor (whatever you call it) like the normal chillers. This little guy uses fan to chill, so the noise is more like CPU fan noise (correct me if I am wrong).

Shouldn't give any problem lah since it is so new... since your tank is quite small... I don't think you will overworked this little guy... so should be able to last for quite a while :-)

What's the WATT?

Thanks Jervismun, My tank is juz abit bigger than two feet.Lenght and breath longer by 5 cm.Height is ard 50cm. You think is it okie? Rite now i using the 6 mini fan.But the tempurture nt so stable as in keeps on changing.Not so good for coral.

LFS there is only selling Fresh water fish.

Here are the detals :

CL-85

Product characteristics :

1. Unique compact design.

2. Effective and energy saving with high quality electronic chip.

3. Double-function:chiller and heater.

4. Low noise and environment friendly.

Safety warnings :

1. Check supplied 庡 accords with the requirement.

Apply scope :

Ideal for fresh water and marine water.

Technique parameter :

POWER:130W

VOLT:110V/50-60HZ;115V/60HZ;220V/50HZ

Refrigerating CAPACITY:85W

Recommended water VOLUME:<60L

Pump OUTFLOW:=<500L

DIMENSION:210X250X180mm

WT:6kg

For more info visit website : http://www.resun-china.com/