ATI PowerModul

jervismun

• SRC Member
Guys... just to update...

I've ordered a new ATI Powermodul for my new tank... 10 tubes x 54W (4ft) dimmable... will get it installed within a week... will update you guys further on that...

Curious how BRIGHT can 10 x 54W ATI tubes be... must be blindingly bright  B)

Will test the Powermodul with some SPS next  :heh:

wakao thats 540 watts in total! 4FT tank if use MH would be 2x 250watts unit plus 2x T5 54watts (for blue) thats about 608 watts ... close pretty close. Got pros and cons i guess, MH can reach deeper and will give more intense spectrum. T5s give more spread from top to mid level.

Guess it all depend on one's tank height and rockscaping to see which type of lighting best suits.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wakao thats 540 watts in total! 4FT tank if use MH would be 2x 250watts unit plus 2x T5 54watts (for blue) thats about 608 watts ... close pretty close. Got pros and cons i guess, MH can reach deeper and will give more intense spectrum. T5s give more spread from top to mid level.

Guess it all depend on one's tank height and rockscaping to see which type of lighting best suits.

It's also heat management in the end... T5 emitting lesser heat into the water... lessen the burden of the chiller (another power-hungry heavyweight)... wouldn't suggest T5 for a 3ft height tank <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Just an update... you guys can see 4 different AATI tubes used here :heh:

post-14-1158769126.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Jervismun,

I am from Malaysia and I would like to buy lights from S'pore.

I read with interest your posting about the ATI Powermodule.............

I am now considering purchase of lighting for 2 planted tank 5ftx2ftx2.5ft.

I am made to understand that light requirement for planted tank ( normal ) is not as heavy as marine tank and a 4 tube 54w ( 4ft ) light set for each tank should be sufficient.

I have also narrow down the choice of light to HO T5.

I have checked the pricing of the ATI PowerModule and found that prices has moved up significantly in the last few months.

Also in my consideration ( due to cost ) is the Solite and retrofit offer by AquaMarine.

From your experience with ATI Powermodule, can you give me some recommendation of the above choices.

Also, you mentioned about the 'dimmable' model.

How does it work, I mean do you need another hardware to make it work?

Your advise and other forumists' much appreciated.

Cheers!

BT Lee

Dear Jervismun,

I am from Malaysia and I would like to buy lights from S'pore.

I read with interest your posting about the ATI Powermodule.............

I am now considering purchase of lighting for 2 planted tank 5ftx2ftx2.5ft.

I am made to understand that light requirement for planted tank ( normal ) is not as heavy as marine tank and a 4 tube 54w ( 4ft ) light set for each tank should be sufficient.

I have also narrow down the choice of light to HO T5.

I have checked the pricing of the ATI PowerModule and found that prices has moved up significantly in the last few months.

Also in my consideration ( due to cost ) is the Solite and retrofit offer by AquaMarine.

From your experience with ATI Powermodule, can you give me some recommendation of the above choices.

Also, you mentioned about the 'dimmable' model.

How does it work, I mean do you need another hardware to make it work?

Your advise and other forumists' much appreciated.

Cheers!

BT Lee

Hi BT

1) Yes, I think for your planted tank, 4 tubes x 54W (4ft) will do the job fine.

2) Yes, the price of ATI Powermodule went up slightly since day 1.

3) Yes, you can consider other alternatives... No, they cannot compare to ATI Powermodule.

4) I just bought a new fully dimmable ATI Powermodule (4ft x 10 tubes) for my new tank. In order to dim the tubes, you need an external hardware, for example Aquatronica with dimmable module (coming soon).

Dear Jervismun,

Thanks for the response.

Reading your posting has been very rewarding.

Please continue to post your finding with the dimable unit.

Cheers!

BT Lee

Yes I will definitely share with you guys my journey... do drop me a PM if you decides to come over to Singapore... we can meet up somewhere :D

Was doing some maintenance on the ATI PM yesterday... basically wiping clean the protective plastic... realized that I can show how easy it is to maintain the tubes using VIDEO!!! Just slide it! No fussy screws or clips :lol:

th_MOV07779.jpg

And for the first time... it is possible to show you guys how easy it is to adjust the height of the ATI PM... but you do need both hands though :lol:

th_MOV07780.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

something new to add ..

the ability to dim the new ATIs :yeah:

My night mode using 2 actinic blue tubes .. (blue specialz too bright to simulate moonlight)

Temporary fix until the dimming modules arrive !! :yeah:

th_MOV01595.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

WOW!!! Very impressive... can I come to your place to see it in person :shock::shock::shock: