AQUATRONICA Aquarium Controller

jervismun

Nice "plug and play" feature... no setting required :D The pH probe is a 2-point calibration probe at 7.0 and 10.0. The probe comes in a damp condition, salt water inside the rubber casing :rolleyes:

post-14-1151428567.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Density (Sg) Interface... the probe is then connected to the interface (not direct to the Power Unit except Temperature probe)... this enables "plug and play" via USB and makes changing probe more bearable in the future :lol:

Although the probes are calibrated, I calibrated it just to be sure... emm... pretty close...

So for tonight, I've connected the following:

1) Temperature probe : 27.9ºC

2) Density (Sg) : 1027.1 (gotto bring it down tomorrow)

3) pH : 8.34

Will continue this review tomorrow. I'm sure bro Lyz77 and other bros/sis will join in once they receive their sets :lol:

post-14-1151429028.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

My dad gonna love it. Will ask him to stay by your thread and follow your step one by one. But I can only collect on Thursday, wonder...if Jan can deliver? hehehe joking la :P

Thanks Jervis for taking this great effort.

Will post my dad's progress of setting up when we recieve the set ;)

Jan, if you are reading this, do create a Aquatronica club for us? :peace:

• SRC Member
The rest of the cables (all probes) will be connected to the Power Unit instead. The connected USB shown in the pix is actually my Density (Sg) probe. The connection is very tight lor... requires a bit of strength but it's good to stop water caused by minor splashing from entering the USB connectors.

To see the overall view of the Power Unit, you can check out pix posted by bro Lyz77 earlier. This is the amount of equipments/probes you can connect to a single Power Unit (no overlapping).

a) 6 x 3-pin (UK) power outputs

B) 1 x cable to Controller

c) 2 x connection to Temperature Probes

d) 6 x connection to other probes

So this little guy actually has 15 connections in total :shock:

And if you guys want to know how many probes you can connect to a single Controller... hahaha... if I'm not wrong... it's a total of 80!!!

To add-on to wht bro Jervis had mentioned, the 2 x connection for temperature sensor can be use to connect the level sensor too. Meaning to say, both level and temperature sensor have the same type of connector. ;)

From the information I gathered so far, if u gonna connect additional level and temperature sensor, u juz need to purchase an additional adapter rather then the socket panel which may be too expensive/ uneccessary!

Thks to Aquatronic for producing such a great product which is highly scalable to individual needs! :bow:

My dad gonna love it. Will ask him to stay by your thread and follow your step one by one. But I can only collect on Thursday, wonder...if Jan can deliver? hehehe joking la :P

Thanks Jervis for taking this great effort.

Will post my dad's progress of setting up when we recieve the set ;)

Jan, if you are reading this, do create a Aquatronica club for us? :peace:

Hi Ping... u'll never know... Jan may deliver :lol::lol::lol:

Yes! Your dad will love it! Emm... it's so nice to know that you actually bought this TOY for your dad... now how many of us got a chance to do that :lol:

Please invite your dad over and join in the fun!

From the information I gathered so far, if u gonna connect additional level and temperature sensor, u juz need to purchase an additional adapter rather then the socket panel which may be too expensive/ uneccessary!

Hehe... I bought an additional Water Level/Temperature inferface too... so now I can run 2 Water Level Sensors :)

• SRC Member

Hehe... I bought an additional Water Level/Temperature inferface too... so now I can run 2 Water Level Sensors :)

So far, the water leakage module is not out yet!

Will it be similar to the water level sensor or something different? Have to wait another few more months to find out! Hope that Aquatronica or AM can provide us with more concrete info on the scalability and future enhancement that we can get so that we can plan our equip accordingly! :lol:

wah high tech siah, must be very $$$ :bow:

Considering the features and the fact that it's Italian made... I think it's quite reasonably priced... For me, it is positioned quite well for serious Singaporean reefers in general :)

Playing around with more features... here's a nice feature. A large enough screen that shows graph... basically this records the temperature of my tank throughout the day... I can see fluctuations clearly... it's fun... what a control freak :lol:

I am now using the Aquatronica to control my chiller. I don't have to rely on the in-built Teco thermometer anymore... it's much more accurate to measure the temperature of the main tank water instead of water that passes through the chiller at a 2000g/h flow ;)

So far... 1 plug gone... A: Chiller... 5 more to go :)

post-14-1151494177.jpg

It also comes with alarm system for all probes... the Controller will alert me if the temperature falls/rises outside the set range... September onwards, the Controller will be able to send a sms or a email to me also :) Then I can rush home... or prepare for the worse :o

post-14-1151494475.jpg

Can it cut out the MH lights if the temperature goes up too high?

I believe so... but you will have to connect your MH to the Aquatronica :lol: I will confirm on this once I reach to that stage :)

• SRC Member

So far, I hv yet to figure out whether there's a possiblity to set the temp range on two diff threshold. Meaning to say during the night time, I will set the temp diff to be 1 deg but during noon time, it will be 1,5 deg diff! :unsure:

So far, I hv yet to figure out whether there's a possiblity to set the temp range on two diff threshold. Meaning to say during the night time, I will set the temp diff to be 1 deg but during noon time, it will be 1,5 deg diff!  :unsure:

Maybe not possible that way... but I am trying another configuration later... Day time 27.5ºC... Night time 26.5ºC... let me see...it's under Temperature ---> Program ---> instead of Single Controller, you press the down key... they you can adjust the graph according to your needs :)

Software and Interface to connect Power Unit ---> Computer :)

post-14-1151506844.jpg

Guys... the software for both computer and Aquatronica Controller is not updated... need to do internet update for both softwares <_< I guess for you guys... getting the PC Kit is inevitable ;)

post-14-1151506981.jpg

Updating the Controller :heh:

post-14-1151507753.jpg

The Controller... downloading the software from my computer... from Version 2.0 to 2.1 :huh:

post-14-1151507831.jpg

• SRC Member
So far, I hv yet to figure out whether there's a possiblity to set the temp range on two diff threshold. Meaning to say during the night time, I will set the temp diff to be 1 deg but during noon time, it will be 1,5 deg diff!  :unsure:

yes .. you set to graphical mode instead of fixed data mode

I set mine to 27.5 during day and 28.5 at night

Either my calibration is off or something is wrong .. did the conductivity calibration at 52ms .. and my tank shows a :o 1048g/l !!! using refractometer .. it shows 1.023-1.024 .. sigh ..

And my PH .. Hanna PH pen with a brand new probe .. shows 8.3 and this one shows me 7.8 <_< during calibration .. 10.0 showed up as 9.45 .. sigh ..

Temp versus my thermometer and chiller off by 2 degrees.. sianz :rolleyes::rolleyes:

aquatronica7na.gif

yes .. you set to graphical mode instead of fixed data mode

I set mine to 27.5 during day and 28.5 at night

Wow a pro... are u using PC to set or the Controller? Coz I am totally blown away by the software (shown in pix) :lol::lol::lol:

post-14-1151508451.jpg

Either my calibration is off or something is wrong .. did the conductivity calibration at 52ms .. and my tank shows a  :o 1048g/l !!! using refractometer .. it shows 1.023-1.024 .. sigh ..

And my PH .. Hanna PH pen with a brand new probe .. shows 8.3 and this one shows me 7.8  <_< during calibration .. 10.0 showed up as 9.45 .. sigh ..

Temp versus my thermometer and chiller off by 2 degrees.. sianz :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I did calibration for both Conductivity and pH too... my Conductivity shows 1026.6g/l now (refractometer 1025+)... pH shows 8.4 (no point comparing to Salifert lah) but the calibration I did was quite major... but it's quite easy to do... once every 4 months :)

Thermometer is pretty accurate for me. So now I connected my chiller to Aquatronica already B)

I like the look of the software... having total control over the Controller using my computer... cool B)

post-14-1151508797.jpg

This is way way too cool B)B)B)

Emm... so my pH for today is at its lowest @ 12pm... not suprisingly... my White light will only "on" at 3.30pm :)

But the chart you see is not entirely accurately lar... I am still in the process of calibrating the probes :)

post-14-1151509146.jpg

• SRC Member

Wow a pro... are u using PC to set or the Controller? Coz I am totally blown away by the software (shown in pix) :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Did the firmware update twice .. coz forgot to update the software 1st !!!

well .. mine is pretty way off for the density and the PH .. and Temp .. sigh ..

post-14-1151509251.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif