Magnetic glass cleaner

chtan23

• SRC Member
Tunze Magnet Cleaner <$40

I have one.. can't make it.. Keeps dropping out and its not the floating type. Everytime it drops have to pull it out. And because it drops on the sandbed, I have to take it out and remove the sand before I use again else risk scratching the tank. Mine is only a 10mm think.

The bigger one will cost bout $80 ;).

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

I have one.. can't make it.. Keeps dropping out and its not the floating type. Everytime it drops have to pull it out. And because it drops on the sandbed, I have to take it out and remove the sand before I use again else risk scratching the tank. Mine is only a 10mm think.

The bigger one will cost bout $80 ;).

Opps.. did I say "think"? I mean I have a 10mm glass tank. And the cleaner states for 12mm. ;)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

Opps.. did I say "think"? I mean I have a 10mm glass tank. And the cleaner states for 12mm. ;)

Bro I am using one... actually not too bad lah... depending on how you control the sliding speed really. At first mine keep on dropping too, now I attached the string that comes with it, but I seldom drop my magnet coz now I know how to control it.

Yeah, gotto be very careful when the magnet drops/near the sand bed. If you see any sand trapped between the magnets. Must use the string to detach them already, or else you will see scratches on your glass/acrylic :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Bro I am using one... actually not too bad lah... depending on how you control the sliding speed really. At first mine keep on dropping too, now I attached the string that comes with it, but I seldom drop my magnet coz now I know how to control it.

Yeah, gotto be very careful when the magnet drops/near the sand bed. If you see any sand trapped between the magnets. Must use the string to detach them already, or else you will see scratches on your glass/acrylic :(

I'm getting better but still I think its not strong enough.. And a floating type will be much much better.

I'm getting better but still I think its not strong enough.. And a floating type will be much much better.

Thanks all for the recommendation. I would prefer floating magnet cleaner.

Hi alex826768,

Where can get the MAG-float ?