Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice moonlight... evenly distributed :) Do you on the moonlight whenever the tank lights are off?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i turn it on for 6 hours after the main lights go off. after that everything is off. i dun wanna risk burning the LEDs.

I think that's good enough :) No need to spoilt the LS too much :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

There is 1 shop at lavender selling waterproof LED. Just joint to a adaptor can fire up. Flexi type use double side tape enuff. I made 1 there. Diagonal opp building of the POSB 2nd floor. U will not miss it with all the lights. Cannot remember the building name.

• SRC Member
There is 1 shop at lavender selling waterproof LED. Just joint to a adaptor can fire up. Flexi type use double side tape enuff. I made 1 there. Diagonal opp building of the POSB 2nd floor. U will not miss it with all the lights. Cannot remember the building name.

hmmm thanks bro, but i sort of made my lights water proof too. encased them in a plastic transparent tube. think should not have to worry bout it dropping into the tank and shorting the whole house out....

hmmm thanks bro, but i sort of made my lights water proof too. encased them in a plastic transparent tube. think should not have to worry bout it dropping into the tank and shorting the whole house out....

Bro Colinsoon... as meticulous as usual... your DIY spirit already reached a critical stage bro... interested to embark on some more interesting/ambitious projects? Haha... I want to learn from you lah... you provide the brain... I provide the bread :lol: Wanna do a replica MCE600? :P

• SRC Member

hahaha i dun mind trying to replicate the MCE. but the thing is that, i dun even know how it looks like. and the parts of it all will be pretty ex. let me have a look at the actual piece first. will probably gain a better idea. but dun think my skill is good enuff to do that replication though...

hahaha i dun mind trying to replicate the MCE. but the thing is that, i dun even know how it looks like. and the parts of it all will be pretty ex. let me have a look at the actual piece first. will probably gain a better idea. but dun think my skill is good enuff to do that replication though...

Don't worry, I have the MCE600 and my contractor can help build it using acrylic. Maybe get the pieces cut, we just need to glue them together. It's pretty easy as there is no rounded pieces (no need bending or moulding). The most important is the needlewheel pump. Perhaps we can try do a threadwheel (ATI) and put inside the MCE600... surely rocks!!!

For sure we need to design a larger collection cup for the CJ600 (CJ for Colin/Jervis).

If you are interested, we can meet up and proceed with the project :) Let's make 2 pieces... limited edition :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

hahah i dun mind venturing into this project.. but i have my hands full with hall stuff now, for the nxt 3 weeks at least. only available time i have i need to mug hard! haha..

anyway i will arrange a time with you again ya.. but i am definitely interested! ahah

hahah i dun mind venturing into this project.. but i have my hands full with hall stuff now, for the nxt 3 weeks at least. only available time i have i need to mug hard! haha..

anyway i will arrange a time with you again ya.. but i am definitely interested! ahah

Gotto be fast though, the new owner of the MCE600 will collect the unit from me in mid September, but I can always document the MCE600 beforehand... dimensions and every detail :lol:

okok! will fix a date with you early sept to go down and get the measurements done up!

Great... can come to my office... and we need 2 Aquabees ;) Or how about using Eheim instead :) I wanna design a much larger collection cup (or a way to export the skimmate)... at least can "tahan" 1 week :P

From the look of it... it will recover :rolleyes: