Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

I'm sure once the Japanese run out of Puffer Fish... they will challenge the poisonous RBTA instead... wah... good news for Singapore!!! Lots of Anemones to export to Japan :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haiz. went back home today to discover my tank in a mess. yesterday 3 fishes died, the bali cleaner, the algae blenny and the mandarin. i am like in a semi depressed mood now. haiz.

Oh dear... sorry to hear that... is your skimmer working like a horse now? I hope so :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

i think it is. checked my NO2 again before i left. at 0.01ppm. same as a few days ago. i think its still ok la. that they starved to death. but the algae blenny starving? hmm. cannot be la. in my algae infested tank...

think something is wrong, no idea what though.

How about your NH4? Coz your tank is quite new... so I suspect the bacterias cultivated so far may not be sufficient to turn the NH4 into NO2 overnight... like mine after the RBTA episode... still stuck at NH4 stage for a while... which is more toxic unfortunately :(

Bro... do you believe in New Tank Syndrome? Personally I don't believe in it :nc:

How's your current flow, overall btw?

• SRC Member

dun think my NH4 is that bad, cos my experience with the semi crash tells me if anything dies inside, the spike will transpire to NO2 in 2 days, which means that i would be able to notice a change in NO2 already. but NO2 seems to be dropping actually, so i have to assume NH4 is fine. bearing in mind i dun haf a NH4 kit.

and i got nothing that died in my tank and not removed, in the last few days. and feeding is still the same. i think i have to attribute it to bad shipment from the LFS which i got the cleaner wrasse and algae blenny from. both were purchased at the same time from the same place.

with regards to New Tank Syndrome, i am still reading up on it, seems like different people have different perspectives as to wat is NTS. for me, i nvr had a problem with NTS, till now. maybe its cos of the tap water quality. cos my previous 2 tanks were using water form the west side, and this time around, the tap water came from the central side. hmmz. maybe thats why my diatom bloom is that bad...

• SRC Member
dun think my NH4 is that bad, cos my experience with the semi crash tells me if anything dies inside, the spike will transpire to NO2 in 2 days, which means that i would be able to notice a change in NO2 already. but NO2 seems to be dropping actually, so i have to assume NH4 is fine. bearing in mind i dun haf a NH4 kit.

and i got nothing that died in my tank and not removed, in the last few days. and feeding is still the same. i think i have to attribute it to bad shipment from the LFS which i got the cleaner wrasse and algae blenny from. both were purchased at the same time from the same place.

with regards to New Tank Syndrome, i am still reading up on it, seems like different people have different perspectives as to wat is NTS. for me, i nvr had a problem with NTS, till now. maybe its cos of the tap water quality. cos my previous 2 tanks were using water form the west side, and this time around, the tap water came from the central side. hmmz. maybe thats why my diatom bloom is that bad...

Where u stay bro? If u want, I can pass u my NH4 tetskit!!! :)

Bro I think my Ammonia level is quite low already... I can also pass you my Salifert set if you are somewhere in town office hours... I work at Mohamed Sultan Road :) Coz... I suspect your Ammonia may be the cause of your loses :(

Or you can bring some tank water to my office, we can test there also... then you don't have to worry about returning to me after that :lol:

• SRC Member
Bro I think my Ammonia level is quite low already... I can also pass you my Salifert set if you are somewhere in town office hours... I work at Mohamed Sultan Road :) Coz... I suspect your Ammonia may be the cause of your loses :(

Or you can bring some tank water to my office, we can test there also... then you don't have to worry about returning to me after that :lol:

:bow::bow::bow:

Hehe... just trying to be Mr. Nice... in case bro Colinsoon thinks I dislike him (now where does he get that idea from?!?) ;)

• SRC Member

haha bro jervis, thanx for the offer, will be back home in a few hours, will check if anything is wrong. if there is will bring a sample to ya work place tomorrow to get it checked out. hah.

anyway its well known you dun like me.. haha..

haha bro jervis, thanx for the offer, will be back home in a few hours, will check if anything is wrong. if there is will bring a sample to ya work place tomorrow to get it checked out. hah.

anyway its well known you dun like me.. haha..

No prob... just let me know early coz I need to bring the test kit to work... do let me know if you need other test kits too :lol: Bro... I dun like you... I love :wub: you :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(If you look like your avatar that is) :P

Have not heard from you leh... well I just bring the Salifert NH4 along with me tomorrow :lol: It's ok if you are not free... it's no trouble for me at all...

• SRC Member

sorry sorry sorry bro jervis, i have had a damn long weekend. came back yesterday and died on my bed. juz got resurrected this morning. haha.. i checked my NO2 again, still at 0.01ppm, so i guess its quite fine. might need some help with the PO4 thing....

might need some help with the PO4 thing....

Just let me know if you need my help on PO4 test kits... I'm using Salifert.

p/s: I don't hate you :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

din really show what i did to the top part of the overflow box. after a few suicidal attempts by my clowns and the demise of the BT, i did this. thanx to the advice of uncle soon at RB, din hafta pay anything for this.

post-34-1150697142.jpg

the underside of my nice nice bubbles... haha...

Looks like a wig to me...