Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

mounted a light too.. used wall mounting tape.. but no matter how much i stick, it juz doesnt stay put... keeps dropping...

was inititally at e top of the cabinet, but i am damn worried it will drop right into the sump, so i shifted it to the side... it only lights up e side... sobz

bro, u know the light holder i'm using from ikea? cost just 3.90 with a screw on holder to screw to ur horizontal piping. Then get a energy saving 11W philip bulb and u're good to go!

I'll try to take a pic of the bulb holder for u tomolo if u dunno what i'm refering to.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

nope... my fatalities are like my hammers are opening up nice and big e day b4, i go off to hostel, comes back 3 days later and 1 more head has melted... its a slow and steady thingie. those affected juz keeps dying. those not affected all still ok...

• SRC Member

used the one from ikea.. i use for half a yr liao.. didnt even move.. haha.. somemore all plastic.. better den urs the metal clips.. trust me lah.. haha.. $4.50 only i think..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member
used the one from ikea.. i use for half a yr liao.. didnt even move.. haha.. somemore all plastic.. better den urs the metal clips.. trust me lah.. haha.. $4.50 only i think..

hahaha already buy liao.. i temporarily use it first bah.. when i got time to drop by ikea then i go get it...

this one cost 3.90 lor. not cheap also leh. hahaha

• SRC Member

wah! $3.90 still can get this standard.. den i think u better don go ikea.. theirs i think not even worth $2.90.. lol.. at least urs still got metal.. haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

Hey Colin, did u try to test out shd there be a power failure, will the sump tank overflow? I've ganna before with my old sump, the sizing wasn't rite, power failure and whole living room flooded. Some more only knew it after a long day at work. Didn't bothered to mop, simply juz use fresh water to flush it out to the corridor, then mopped. Hard work ah!

• SRC Member
Hey Colin, did u try to test out shd there be a power failure, will the sump tank overflow? I've ganna before with my old sump, the sizing wasn't rite, power failure and whole living room flooded. Some more only knew it after a long day at work. Didn't bothered to mop, simply juz use fresh water to flush it out to the corridor, then mopped. Hard work ah!

How come like that? The tankmaker should have forseen this before. :shock:

• SRC Member

BFG > How come like that??? Good question cuz the tank designer is me lorz :wacko: Haha now better liao, had tasted bad experience before.

Next time if I've got a chance to upgrade to bigger tank, I'll sure put a UPS on the power line that support the whole tank system and also a sump tank that is the same size or if not bigger then the main tank itself.

and also a sump tank that is the same size or if not bigger then the main tank itself.

Now that's interesting :D:D:D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

yup that was the very first thing that i tried out when i got the tank.. the previous owner of the tank was very aware of the necessary details... so the water from the top could be contained within my sump... cos e back flow not a lot. else everytime i cut the pump power to change my filter wool i will have a big big headache....

• Moderators
looks so untidy now..

Colin,

Noticed your filter box is slightly outside the sump.

Do note if the wool got all choke up after some time, the water level tend to raise and it may coz water to flow out of the box and onto the floor.

Especially if you had no time to change out the wool regularly.

Cheers! :peace:

Tom

• SRC Member

ok its confirmed.

i got another melted hammer head from my favourite bush, and got another 2 more heads going away.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

water looks ok. PO4 at close to 0, salinity at 1.022.

NO2 NO3 i got no kit, so not tested.. but shouldnt affect rite...

• SRC Member
ok its confirmed.

i got another melted hammer head from my favourite bush, and got another 2 more heads going away.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

water looks ok. PO4 at close to 0, salinity at 1.022.

NO2 NO3 i got no kit, so not tested.. but shouldnt affect rite...

I think high NO3 will kill anything doesn't it?