Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

decided to do a 30% water change, and at the same time clear up the sump tank. emptied out the sump tank, removed as much as i could, washed out the coral chip bags, and rearranged the sump a tinny bit. changed the rowa also, after 2 months, which really was a stupid idea.. i will explain why in a while...

removed my 2 week old filter, found a few of this on it.. this is the biggest sample...

post-34-1160771158.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

and the stupid part:

i forgot rowa will spew out brown powder when water first flows thru. so i juz plugged the new rowa in, and in a span of 5 seconds, my entire sump turned reddish brown. totally dumb. haiz.

look at my clean clean bags, with rowa residue on it. effort at clean up all wasted. haiz.

post-34-1160771917.jpg

• SRC Member

ya ... its like tt one ... everytime i do water change with my coralife bucket ... the water is yellowish ... but in the tank its not obvious due to the T5s ... either use carbon ... or dun care lor ...haha .... i would recommed marinium for carbon ... comes in small packs that cost $8 each ... i have one in my sump but think its not enuff for a 2ft cube ... so maybe u can buy 3-4 pieces? speaking of which ... i think i need to maintain my sump area soon too ...

Amphipods :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

can feed that to the fishes?

or sunny?

Only certain fishes... coz sometimes they will float out to the main tank... and only certain fishes enjoy their white translucent flesh :lol:

Yes I think SUN will bloody swallow them whole :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

had a super long week, especially since this week is my special week, so i tot i should go reward myself with something.. haha for my tank..

got this..

looks nice in the display tank, come into my tank dunno why not really impressive.. and looks super insignificant.. but i like the green.. :)

post-34-1160842744.jpg

wonder if the gonio will sting the bubbles.. dun think so.. yet.

will gonio sting?

i ask so many questions oso nobody reply. haiz.

bro i really don suggest puttin gonio and bubble so close together..

when the bubble fully open can be quite big... give bubble planty of space as it sting no matter what except bubble itself.... :whistle

anyway, nice bubble :lol:

• SRC Member

the yellow water is caused by a chemical called gelvin from the waste from fishes and left over food when they break down. running carbon will help to remove the yellowish colour from the water

am changing water to try to get rid of the yellowness.. cos its quite obvious.

wanted to run carbon, but no where to put it already.. hmmm.

• SRC Member

bro i really don suggest puttin gonio and bubble so close together..

when the bubble fully open can be quite big... give bubble planty of space as it sting no matter what except bubble itself.... :whistle

anyway, nice bubble :lol:

urmz, they are actually quite far apart, and after leaving them for a week, and no mishaps happened, i think its ok to leave it as it is bah. haha.. till it grows bigger, then i will shift the gonio away..