Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

for the eagle eye, no need worry. I had mine discolored for a while and it came back after abt 2-3 months of healing. meanwhile u might wanna dose some iodide and try place the polys slighlty higher up to ur lightings. IMO, the eagle eyes thrives better in the above situation which i observed. B)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

for the eagle eye, no need worry. I had mine discolored for a while and it came back after abt 2-3 months of healing. meanwhile u might wanna dose some iodide and try place the polys slighlty higher up to ur lightings. IMO, the eagle eyes thrives better in the above situation which i observed. B)

Yes... Zoas show better colouration if more light is being provided... especially if one is using T5. No harm trying bro Colin and hopefully colour will return soon... :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

get ur clown an anemone to host lor, ur tank deep enuf to keep wat. Make sure not dyed ones and choose those that have fat tentacles.

Bro Soul, not going against your suggestion... but since Colin is not at home most of the time... having a chopped anemone is too much of a "heart attack" for the family members to handle... but other than that... dun see a reason why not to introduce an anemone to save the gonio... i am facing similar problem too <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Bro Soul, not going against your suggestion... but since Colin is not at home most of the time... having a chopped anemone is too much of a "heart attack" for the family members to handle... but other than that... dun see a reason why not to introduce an anemone to save the gonio... i am facing similar problem too <_<

I dont see why he can keep so many species of hammers and torches yet it would seem dangerous to keep an anemone. A palm sized one would do nicely, just throw it to the bottom it will make its way up to the rock it wants to attach to.

From what i can see bro colin's seio is very high up and he only has 1 at the side. Best way to settle an anemone down to its safe nesting spot is not to force it to an area u think u want it to be. They will choose where they want to be, usually near an area with sufficient water current and light. When u keep one the first few days gotta monitor it closely, it gets too near any choppers just move it away again til it finds a spot which u feel is safe enuf then leave it alone.

Lastly, i find a lot of ppl like to use the seio with the safety casing removed for the wall camera method usage. Anything can get sucked by it easily not just anemones, i have stopped using the camera method and installed the casing. The wave maker takes up lesser space and is much reef safer with the casing. A little head loss but no biggy thats all. Thats the advantage a seio has actually as compared to a tunze streamer, just dunno why ppl dont want to use it lol.

post-34-1160378559.jpg

• SRC Member

okok, thanks for all the advices. but i have had quite a bad experience on moving anemones, and if i am not mistakened most anemones move, and like Jervis mentioned, i am hardly at home every week, if anything happens, its very difficult for me to rush back home. and i am only home for like weekends. and its quite hard to move the anemone, cos my scape has a lot of holes, and anemones will feel safe and not move much when their base is inside a hole. so if i need to get it to change place, it will be chaos..

with regards to the casing for the seio, i din consider there. haha.. cos right now what i have is barely enough to push water around my tank.. need to get a M1100 to experiment..

what it is now. nothing impressive anymore. :(

and my clown still persistently headbutts into the gonio like in the foto.

It's annoying for my tank too... and at night (all gonio tentacles closed)... my Queer Nemo will go to my Xenia for some good night sleep ;)

• SRC Member

It's annoying for my tank too... and at night (all gonio tentacles closed)... my Queer Nemo will go to my Xenia for some good night sleep ;)

ya super frustrating. grrr.

when i caught my occy out i tot it will be over, but instead it was twice the damage cos my 2 percs went to house there...

is yoor hammer stinging the zoos?

They will... :cry2:

what does it resemble...? haha

Oh I am thirsty already :lol: