Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

Your glass very clean hor :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

nicest view of all:

oh tested the PO4 today. still at 0.03ppm.

and and and, there is no more diatom bloom on the SB for a few days already. from wat i heard from my mum. juz changed water again. see if there wil be a bloom.

post-34-1156094698.jpg

So nice... your mum will help you change tank water... now that's what I can a model mum :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hahaha opps, i think i gave the wrong impression there... my mum's responsibilities is juz to feed the fishes and top up water. anything else i hafta do. including changing of water.. haha! wat i meant to say was that i asked her about the sandbed. and after that, i changed water, so i dunno if there will be a bloom again. but diatoms still growing on the glass..

but all in all, she is still a great mum!

• SRC Member
Colin, ur tank getting more n more corals ah :rolleyes: Nice piece of red brain there ............. and ya.... wat a wonderful mum u have..... :upsidedown:

haha bro!

where got a lot of corals.. look at the tank! more rocks then there are corals lor...

anyway think i am not going to rescape my tank again, cant take all the brokeback-ing already. ha!

anybody wanna contribute anything to the "doll up colin's tank" movement? some nice corals will be good!!!!

and i already haf 2 inside, and they are actually quite domineering...

Yes... and I was told they eat a lot... shit a lot... and grow so fast... a school of them can be very scary if they stay alive for considerately long a time ;)

• SRC Member

actually quite surprisingly, the 2 i have inside were from my 2 footer, and they all stopped growing when they hit a certain length. about 1 inch from head to tail. my BT went in like wayyyy after them, and was smaller then them, now its like bigger then them! nearly 2 inches long already, my BT. very pretty!

actually quite surprisingly, the 2 i have inside were from my 2 footer, and they all stopped growing when they hit a certain length. about 1 inch from head to tail. my BT went in like wayyyy after them, and was smaller then them, now its like bigger then them! nearly 2 inches long already, my BT. very pretty!

Oh yeah... wait till your BT grows to 3" and damn obese that kind (like mine)... it's scary :shock: It shows how we reefers can successfully keep (certain species) graowing in captivity... but imagine a school of BTs :lol: That's why I don't dare to transfer my BT to the new tank :pinch:

• SRC Member

i was thinking, why not for your new tank, you keep a school of tangs, like BTs or YTs. get the really small ones. i have more confidence in BTs, they have a really strong will to live. you know AM always bring in those tiny ones, you can get those. can keep longer. haha.. or you could get those 1 inch varients. 3 or 4 of them will be nice!

• SRC Member
Way to go bro... :D

nuthin looks best than a white sandbed in a partition tank :yeah:

:D:D:D

thanx for the compliments!!!

but its quite expensive to maintain a clean SB.. actually right now everything is expensive for me.. haha!

• SRC Member
i was thinking, why not for your new tank, you keep a school of tangs, like BTs or YTs. get the really small ones. i have more confidence in BTs, they have a really strong will to live. you know AM always bring in those tiny ones, you can get those. can keep longer. haha.. or you could get those 1 inch varients. 3 or 4 of them will be nice!

they'll be minced meat when they accidently get near bro Jervis's Tunzes ... :eyeblur:

• SRC Member
Way to go bro... :D

nuthin looks best than a white sandbed in a partition tank :yeah:

actually ... i have no idea whats a partition tank ... ???? ... bro colin ... would u be interested in an injured plate ? can let u have it for free if ur confident of nursing it ... got it from bro fishtalk ... but i dun have tt much space for 2 plates on my SB .. PM me. :lol:

they'll be minced meat when they accidently get near bro Jervis's Tunzes ... :eyeblur:

My Tunzes?!? Well my Tunze only managed to mince a RBTA and a Sand Sifting Star so far... other than that can't really see coz THEY WILL BE FISH FOOD long before I can find them... that's why sometimes we get fishes MIA? :)

Seriously, it is a problem for small tanks with small fishes... I'm trying to tackle the problem as the idea of some expensive/rare specimens becoming fish food scares me so :shock::ooh::shock:

actually ... i have no idea whats a partition tank ... ???? ... bro colin ... would u be interested in an injured plate ? can let u have it for free if ur confident of nursing it ... got it from bro fishtalk ... but i dun have tt much space for 2 plates on my SB .. PM me. :lol:

If bro Colin can't... who else can? :lol:

• SRC Member

ya lor ... Quote: colin the coral doctor ..

i wanted to keep it initially ... but being in the final phases of my final year project ... dun think i have time to have a injured plate on my hands ...

but its not tt injured la ... i would say abt 3/16 of it is injured .. the rest is fine ...