colinsoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

checked it. NO2 at <0.01ppm. nearly undetectable.. no idea why this is still the case.. arghh!

if its something to do with ammonia the other fishes should have been affected too.. or i should have detected something on my NO2 already..

• SRC Member

yes bro collin ... i need help with my tank ... need manpower !! haha ... so are u buying the hammers from JuzzMarine ? i getting my tank from him .. we can meet and go .. haha ... but i have to wait till all LS clear ready .. i dunno what to do with the LR tt i'll get from him ... 80 KG .. im not a heavy LR person leh ... i like ur scaping ... and bro lyz77's scaping .... hope to achieve sth like tt ..

• SRC Member

bro jacobus:

when will ya be getting the tank from him? i duno when i will be going down, and i wil be totally tighted down come 3 July till 17 July. i can help ya with the scaping if you wan... but gotta be before that..

• SRC Member

well ... he tells me within this week ... and it'll have to be after he sells of his LS ...

so ya lor .. waiting for his PM ... also ... have u seen his tank ? its a 3x3x2.... with a sump tt i think is 2ft ... you think like tt 2 big box of tropicmarin salt enuff ? gonna buy tml ...

• SRC Member

might as well get coralife, 1 bucket confirm enuff.. i got no idea bout tropic marin though.. i do know you need at least 10kg of salt, 12 to be on the safe side... how will ya be transporting the tank back?

• SRC Member

my dad drives a family car .... measured ready ... will be a snug fit with say a few extra inches of space to spare ...

corallife ah ? how much would tt cost me ? the salt good ?

Bro... IMO... if you are to cycle your tank anyway... no need to burn too much fuel at this point... you would probably change more than 50% (in total) towards the end of the cycle anyway... I'm currently using Marine Environment (the one with the magic bottle) and it's cheap and good... and most importantly with decent Magnesium content :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro... IMO... if you are to cycle your tank anyway... no need to burn too much fuel at this point... you would probably change more than 50% (in total) towards the end of the cycle anyway... I'm currently using Marine Environment (the one with the magic bottle) and it's cheap and good... and most importantly with decent Magnesium content :lol:

bro jervis:

just asking, did you change around 50% of your tank water at the end of your cycle? cos i heard from quite a few senior reefers that i should be doing that, but now taht my tank is quite stocked up, it would be actually quite similar to taht of your situation. so was wondering ifyou did any change...

• SRC Member

ok ... sorry bro colin for hijacking ur thread to become salt discussing .. but from what i gather from the both of you ... that during my cycle ... the type of salt and whether its good in terms of content doesnt really matter since i'll be conducting a major water change at the end of the cycle anyway ?

that is ... i can use a moderate level brand(a.k.a cheap cheap) of salt for the start ... and then for my end of cycle water change i will use sth like tropicmarin or higher end salt to ensure a good mg,strontium, etc content in my water ?

anyways bro jervis ... how is the brand ur using priced ?

• Moderators

Bro Colin,

Will you be in town this week. I can bring it to my office and you can pick the frags from me. Will pass you 2 suns as well.

Let me know.

Bro Jacobus,

Just a note. Since you are using family car to transfer the tank. You need to ensure the tank is flash with flesh water or as dry as possible before you move it into the car. Get many newspaper or rags to put it under the tank in the car when transporting as well. You don't want to let the salt water creeped into the car... the result can be disastrous.. Speaking from my friend's experience.

This is 1 reason why I always carry a container in my car when I visit LFS. To prevent accidentally leakage or burst packing.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tom

• SRC Member

urmz, i will be working on thursday and friday whole day, and i might only be available on saturday after 3pm.. sunday and monday i need to go back to school to finish up some school stuff.. haiz.