cost of setting up a 3ft tank

hi bro out there. i m new to marine tank and would like to set up a 3ft tank jus for live rock and fish.

but i have budget of not more then $1.6k.

is it enough to get

1- 3x2x2 x 10mm tank with cabinet with build in sump tank

2- T5-HO

3-skimmer

and other stuff and equipment ...etc... for a whole complete set up.

please advice me where to get it or any bro out there can give me who is free and can help me in getting the stuff + set up.

if not can give me a quotation for the whole set up + equipment (ex-clude fish n live rock )

ke...ke...

:unsure:

$1.6k is quite alright. But you might need to buy a second hand tank from fellow reefers. If you are only keeping fishes, then that will save quite a bit coz equipments required for corals like Metal Halide, Chiller, Calcium Reactor, Wavemaker & etc. are very very costly to purchase and to run. Check out the Pasar Malam section for great bargain!!!

But with $1.6k, I think you can also get a brand new tank... which will roughly take up half your budget (tank, cabinet, sump and top). But that will leave u with less budget for equally important equipments such as:

1. Return pump

2. Protein Skimmer (must get a good one, and an oversize model... meaning get a model good for 4ft to 5ft tank... trust me, you will overstock)

3. Test kits

Some of the items can also come at later stage.

Have fun and all the best!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

light use fl will be enough, you will also need a wave maker, a fr a good skimmer and a good return pump. why not got for 4x2.5x2.5? aquazbean got a very good deal. and with that size will be much more suitable for fowlr as you can keep those large angel and so on.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg