Cycling Of Tank

Hi all bro, my tank is now in the process of cycling.. is there any thing live stock i need to add in? cause i rembering got 1 bro add in cleaning shrimp to cycle.. hope to have some advice in here :P

NO!!!! Cleaner Shrimps are very sensitive to water quality... don't waste money.

I think you are referring to Market Prawn... hehe...

Firstly, where you bought your LR?

Do they smell badly?

How long has it been in your tank?

Are you running ur skimmer?

What's your water parameters?

Only then, we can help you further :lol:

If your tank is ready... you can try adding some snails and hermit crabs... that is if you are in the algae stage.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

erm.. my live rock is from another brother that is quitting his hobbie le.. so i just clear all from him :)

no smell at all.. benn in my tank for 3 days le, yes skimmer is being run.. 1/4 of cup filled

erm.. my live rock is from another brother that is quitting his hobbie le.. so i just clear all from him :)

no smell at all.. benn in my tank for 3 days le, yes skimmer is being run.. 1/4 of cup filled

That's a very wise choice... great! You have just save yourself a lot of trouble :lol:

You picked the LR from the reefers tank (running water) or in bucket or dry? That makes a big difference.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

lolx thanks for the complement, i got it fresh from his tank..

Wah... you know what's best for your tank... hehe just like me...

Keep the water quality optimum, check all the parameters, let your skimmer run full force. Can also use mechanical filter to remove unwanted deritrus... don't let things rot in your tank.

Have you been adding Nitrifying Bacteria? You need to especially if you have other filter media such as bioballs, biohome and etc.

Basically nothing much lor... you already have a good start... IMO (don't quote me, lol) you can start stocking anytime soon. Once all your readings are within acceptable range (you can refer to my signature below as a guide, not the best lah, but good enough as a guide at your stage). You can start adding hardy fishes and hardy corals. Inverts like shrimps and star fishes can wait.

Another thing, be careful of your selection of hardy fishes too. Avoid Damsels and aggresive fishes. Go for Green Chromis if you want to try... get at least 5 of them, gonna be damn nice.

Start a new thread under Member Section and welcome to the CLUB!!! :lol:

omg forgot to ask u how much it cost total to test everything that u stated out :x

Hehe... if you ask me, get the best TK, Salifert (from Holland) but reefers reporting out of stock. You can check price at www.reefdepot.com.sg or even drop by their showroom to pick them up. Look for SEET, he is friendly.

Don't faint by the total price of Tesk Kits coz they can be quite scary!!! :cry::cry::cry:

For your stage, you can skip Calcium & Magnesium. You can tackle that next week.

If you do not have a chiller, it's impossible to achieve 26ºC to 27ºC, so let it be... as long as the water doesn't exceed 30ºC. If so, then start worrying ;););)

Hehe told ya... you can settle for other brands... especially for Ammonia and Nitrite. You need accurate readings for the following coz they are crucial:

1. KH

2. pH

3. Nitrate

4. Phosphate

Later can also get:

1. Calcium

2. Magnesium

3. etc.

ok thanks alot... will pop by the shop during weekend

Not trying to rush you... but you must test water first before buying fishes... coz the chances of your water need fixing is quite high. You might still need 2 days to adjust the water before u can throw in your first fish. If you are busy, order online via reefdepot.com.sg. They deliver to your office or home. Credit card or other methods acceptable. I find it very convenient... than to wait until weekend. Today only Monday :lol::lol:

erm.. may i know if hong leong building sell all this test kit? cause its nearer to me :X

Oh you mean Marine Life? I believe so... u can PM bro Altantis, he were there yesterday to get Test Kits I think... I heard certain Salifert TK out of stock.

so for now i only need to get

1. KH

2. pH

3. Nitrate

4. Phosphate

this 4 item right?

the others not so importen yet hor?

If you have $$$ buy all lah, if you thinking of adding Chromis and Nemo... I think should be sufficient. The rest should follow before you add shrimps, sea stars and corals.

• SRC Member

If you need any of this...

1. Water Conditioner - Nurafin or Aquaz Hydro

2. Demsels - Begineer fishes.

3. Tetra NO2 test kit

4. Advises if you need

All at Toa Payoh...

Just let me know, for free lah, no need for them.

But if you like, juz frag some nice zoo next time... :D

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Wow that's a very nice offer... take it bro!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
woot thats a nice offer :X bro thanks alot lei.. can i collect it from u on may 12? cause i going to guang ming san to pray on that day

okay dude...

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.