Wavebox - physically suitable for me?

slcw

hello,

am interested in Wavebox.

i have read in here a few weeks back. my aquarium is a euro bracing design glass, hence i understand i would need tunze magnet to hold the wavebox.

Given that into consideration, i have another is, the clearance of water level. As visible in the picture, i have water surface to the underside of the eurobracing 3.5cm clearance.

SDG600 question is am i able to install and operate wavebox without much problems?

Pls advise.

post-17-1146059172.jpg

• SRC Member

I have 2-3 inches from water surface to the bracing. If you have less than that, you may have to lower the water level by breaking more "teeths" at the overflow.

I believe 2.5 inches should be the least you have to have the wavebox.

I have a gap betw the tank and the bracing (specially done by Mr Lim Han Teck, the maker of the tank) and magnet no required in this case :D

post-17-1146060792.jpg

• SRC Member
I have seen a wave box fully submerge, ie at the bottom of the tank. It is working fine. Therefore there is no need for it to extend above water surface. Maybe user can provide better insight.

The top MUST be above water surface :rolleyes:

There is the extension for the box to move further into the water. But ultimately, the top MUST be above water surface :lol:

• SRC Member

The top MUST be above water surface :rolleyes:

There is the extension for the box to move further into the water. But ultimately, the top MUST be above water surface :lol:

that's strange. i saw a fully submerge unit before. reason given by the user is that it suck in too much air during operation and casues micro bubbles.

I have 2-3 inches from water surface to the bracing. If you have less than that, you may have to lower the water level by breaking more "teeths" at the overflow.

I believe 2.5 inches should be the least you have to have the wavebox.

I have a gap betw the tank and the bracing (specially done by Mr Lim Han Teck, the maker of the tank) and magnet no required in this case :D

just did that...only improve by o.5cm to 4cm

The water line indication is less than 3 cm from the top. So urs will have no problem fixing... IMO. Remember u need 2 magnets.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Fully submerged, the wavebox is made redundant. Its no different from a stream unit that pulses.

You need the air volume displaced to move enough water, therefore you need the wavebox to suck in air.... as LP says, u need at least 2 - 2.5" of space.

• SRC Member
Fully submerged, the wavebox is made redundant. Its no different from a stream unit that pulses.

You need the air volume displaced to move enough water, therefore you need the wavebox to suck in air.... as LP says, u need at least 2 - 2.5" of space.

Whats your experience in the wavebox in relation to the tank...i mean the dynamics of the water oscillation will have an effect on the silicon jointing and the tank stands? Appreciate your experience and opinion.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Whats your experience in the wavebox in relation to the tank...i mean the dynamics of the water oscillation will have an effect on the silicon jointing and the tank stands? Appreciate your experience and opinion.

i think he did mentioned b4 in some old threads.

WAIT A minute.

my eurobracing stucks out 6cm horizontally (width of the wavebox), and the wavebox width is 11cm, hence i am able still suck air rite?

the top is not to have water rushing back in rite?

Guys,

is this true?

Sorry i need to ask. I am unable to view Wavebox back Malaysia, unlike in Singapore hence cannot see for myself.

Which if y i am dependent Sproe counterpartys for assistance.

• SRC Member

wave box cannot be fully submerge. In fact if water splashes in from the top, you will have quite a lot of micro bubbles!

3.5 cm of space under the euro bracing might not be enough as you will likely be creating lot of micro bubble, you need about 5 cm or more.....

However, it should be ok for the eurobacing to overlap part of the top of the box as it will still suck in air ....

Been using the wavebox for a long time (believe I was one of the 1st to get hold of one locally).... I do not see a weakening of the tank joints under strain.

I believe when it happens, it will be a real catastrophic disaster!

wave box cannot be fully submerge. In fact if water splashes in from the top, you will have quite a lot of micro bubbles!

3.5 cm of space under the euro bracing might not be enough as you will likely be creating lot of micro bubble, you need about 5 cm or more.....

However, it should be ok for the eurobacing to overlap part of the top of the box as it will still suck in air ....

thanks

btw, may i request a favour any1; i would like to see a pic of the wavebox from the top

if it is not too much:

1) when the wavebox is off

2) when the wavebox blows current out

3) when the wavebox receives the current back

sorry for being so demanding. really appreciate. please :bow:

Been using the wavebox for a long time (believe I was one of the 1st to get hold of one locally).... I do not see a weakening of the tank joints under strain.

tai kor,

u one of the first - how long ordi?

will be too much if i ask a favour on the pictures. :D

back in KL no one has.

• SRC Member

Thanks...

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Hi Guys,

The wavebox has a little blue wavey line about 1cm down from its top -- that is the recommended level to set the water level against the wavebox. With respect to clearance below the eurobracing, it needs to be just enough so that air can be pulled in to the top of the wavebox -- 1cm should be ok. So if you run your tank water at about 2.5cm below the e-bracing and your wavebox so that the tank water is at the wavey blue line, you will be ok.

Tunze recommends to firstly adjust the power of the motor to control micro-bubbles.

My wavebox runs in a 600L system and even when I had a #6100 wired up in parallel with the wavebox, the tank was never in danger of rocking the stand or splitting its seams.

Tone :-)

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Any further usage experience from user after month(s)??? please share...

4x2x2 Tank Thread