Jacky's Aquamedic Chromis Tank

hammy

Yeah quite messy at the top... but it's ok I guess, how often do you bow down to see the tank? Most of the time, you will look at it from higher angle, hence the pix u posted earlier where all the pumps are not visible. As for the external pump... how bad is the vibration? Is it noticable/annoying?

i can sleep with it . aquabee pump is fanstastic in term of quietness . next choice is ocean runner and eheim .

putting a piece of cloth under the pump greatly reduce the noise too. quiet humming sound . :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bro... I will get a Aquabee 3000 for my chiller soon. Can PM me where u bought yours? Got a feeling you will know where to shop for good deals... not like me... always those 2 shops :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks bro... I will get a Aquabee 3000 for my chiller soon. Can PM me where u bought yours? Got a feeling you will know where to shop for good deals... not like me... always those 2 shops :lol:

pm u le .

u will not regret using this universal cenrtifugal pump man !

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

I always hear good reviews about Aquabee (for that size range)... so surely no regret... the only regret is I should've go straight to Aquabee instead of getting some alternatives that cost half the price... now I have to flood the Pasar Malam with pumpheads lor :lol:

But not so soon... after the Election Day holiday coz I will be out of town for a day or two. Perhaps after that :lol:

Have u visited G.Octo yet? According to bro Qxn, a lot of "solid" corals there... lucky u didn't rush down to Irwana that night... nothing much left already coz u a bit late... <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I always hear good reviews about Aquabee (for that size range)... so surely no regret... the only regret is I should've go straight to Aquabee instead of getting some alternatives that cost half the price... now I have to flood the Pasar Malam with pumpheads lor :lol:

But not so soon... after the Election Day holiday coz I will be out of town for a day or two. Perhaps after that :lol:

Have u visited G.Octo yet? According to bro Qxn, a lot of "solid" corals there... lucky u didn't rush down to Irwana that night... nothing much left already coz u a bit late... <_<

sorry , was a bit stuck , i did went there the followign morning but nothing really caught my eye , however the starkii damsel from ar beng is great . i like it a lot .

never went to G oct b4 , wanna go there later see see look look ??

hey , before u sell ur powerhead , please let mi know first , oh , are u selling The AQUAMEDIC Ph 2500 ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

This week and next week has been declared as no LS weeks for me... I have a lot to tackle right now especially with the impulsive purchase of my first SPS... now I'm doomed... I probably sell the Sicce 2500/1300/800.

Hrmz, don't make it sound as if its the end of the world la. Haha, everyone makes mistakes....we just need to learn from them. Why not start with all the LPS first...they are way much easier. :)

That's what I'm gonna do... come to think of it... if I wanna do SPS, probably need to relook at the entire system setup already... perhaps next tank lah... but for Perc90, just keep it a LPS tank B)

Bro Qxn, it's not the end of the world, but it's really bad and sad to go out there and grab a piece of nature... just to let it rot in the tank... I don't know how rare this kinda shipment from Tonga is.

just change water and feed them . they look so happy , i am happy too .

anthias finally roaming in the main front panel .

post-34-1146384301.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

just change water and feed them . they look so happy , i am happy too .

anthias finally roaming in the main front panel .

Your Anthias r so tiny... wait till u see my new GIANT Anthias!!! Courtesy of bro Colinsoon :lol:

Whoa, so nice tank. Your star polyp very healthy.

From photos, i realised you have only 1 for each type of fish, is it?

Small quantity but lots of variety, COOL!

Hahaha... he will be so hurt... he added 5 BE Anthias last 2 days... :lol:

• SRC Member

Hahaha... he will be so hurt... he added 5 BE Anthias last 2 days... :lol:

Oops, my mistake! Sorry Bro Hammy. :peace:

The rest probably camera shy. It also so difficult to catch them all within a single shot but you manage. Guess thats what i am trying to say, u have lots of variety of fish and corals. Makes your tank very bright.

Whoa, so nice tank. Your star polyp very healthy.

From photos, i realised you have only 1 for each type of fish, is it?

Small quantity but lots of variety, COOL!

just added another seio 620 to complete my flow .

haha... haiz , yup one of each kind till i added one school of 5 blue eye anthias into the tank .

9 fishes now .

flame angel

purple tang

starkii damsel

percula

5 blue eye anthias

no more fishes for me!

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Your Anthias r so tiny... wait till u see my new GIANT Anthias!!! Courtesy of bro Colinsoon :lol:

tank is small. fishes must be small too . how i wish they will never grow big .

:P

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

nice and healthy corals u have there..

attribute to weekly water change and underdose of additive .

only recently i learn that dosing of additive like puple up , phosbuster and az-no3 will lower alkalinity a lot .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

i think my cleaner shrimps just spawn . but tank are full of little dot and upon closer look , they have shape of a tiny weeny shrimp.

the anthias if having a good time !

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

i think my cleaner shrimps just spawn . but tank are full of little dot and upon closer look , they have shape of a tiny weeny shrimp.

the anthias if having a good time !

Wow!!! What a sight!!! Too bad it's almost impossible to shoot using our conventional digital cameras :nc:

Wow!!! What a sight!!! Too bad it's almost impossible to shoot using our conventional digital cameras :nc:

try to take a pic , but impossible as u said .

thought ant attack in my tank haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

I think your Anthias gonna look extra happy tomorrow morning!!! So you have a mating pair of Cleaner Shrimps?

• SRC Member

attribute to weekly water change and underdose of additive .

only recently i learn that dosing of additive like puple up , phosbuster and az-no3 will lower alkalinity a lot .

sorry to sound dumb, but is that good or bad?

I think your Anthias gonna look extra happy tomorrow morning!!! So you have a mating pair of Cleaner Shrimps?

ya i guess they are meeting pair as i always see one's underside filled with green roe ...

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

sorry to sound dumb, but is that good or bad?

come on , everybody is here to learn . not dumb lah .

reef alkalinity should be maintain at 3-5meg/l or 8-14 dKH. alkalinity that fall below 2meq/l wll drastically affect coral health .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets