Jacky's Aquamedic Chromis Tank

hammy

Where are the new gems? No update? :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

post-34-1183465095.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

:D

post-34-1183465155.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

:) will go GO tml =)

post-34-1183465235.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

jack, your tank is getting nicer and nicer :D

i wish i will have time to work on my tank... but really too busy to do anything at this time :(

i believe if u wanna do something , something huge will really happen ....call mi then , wanna be involved in the action haha.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Where are the new gems? No update? :D

i dun really have unusual gems lah ...think my ric, zoo, and LPS such as torch have so much nicer colour . :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

i dun really have unusual gems lah ...think my ric, zoo, and LPS such as torch have so much nicer colour . :)

But your new gems are of different category mah... the real challenge for that kinda gems is to keep them beautiful... come show us some pix leh :D:D:D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• 2 weeks later...

these are my precious ... be it in what condition, they are the easiest to keep

post-34-1184216697.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

FTS for today

post-34-1184216763.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

recent change is to change my BLV 20kk to BLV 14kk... the colour is not as nice as the 20kk but seemingly brighter .

change out the tunze nanos to TS 07... bulkier and less wire ... most reefer advice me for the 6055, but the cost is really a bit high for me to accept .

most likely addition are nice mushroom to add colour to the tank.

a calcium reactor

and 2 x HO T5 to balance the colours (DIY)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

one of my fav SPS, nice growth and colour coming

post-34-1184217824.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

this is what happen my tunze nano

not only the clamping tab was broken , the clamp broke itself too ...hope the super glue can work

post-34-1184332225.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

a calcium reactor

and 2 x HO T5 to balance the colours (DIY)

More toys to come... great! :lol:

• SRC Member

hi there hammy,

i think both AM and Reefdepot sells the replacement bracket for the tunze nano so you can consider just getting a replacement ya, lest the pump fall off whilst youre at work or something and causes any major issues.

i havent broken the clamp on mine yet, but i gave up on the little tabs that hold the clamp to the magnet and just super glued the whole thing together. hahaha

hi there hammy,

i think both AM and Reefdepot sells the replacement bracket for the tunze nano so you can consider just getting a replacement ya, lest the pump fall off whilst youre at work or something and causes any major issues.

i havent broken the clamp on mine yet, but i gave up on the little tabs that hold the clamp to the magnet and just super glued the whole thing together. hahaha

sadly, both of them dun have the part ... the replacement part is too hot .. seem like everyone is buying them =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

this is what happen my tunze nano

not only the clamping tab was broken , the clamp broke itself too ...hope the super glue can work

i have a feeling that it is not suppose to work even though i super glued the clamp ...

anyone has an good idea to offer ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

i have a feeling that it is not suppose to work even though i super glued the clamp ...

anyone has an good idea to offer ?

Super glue the whole damn thing :lol::lol::lol:

Super glue the whole damn thing :lol::lol::lol:

i nearly glue my hand to it too liao :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

here's a crazy idea to fix the broken part...

wrap 1-2s layer of gauze around the broken section, then soak the entire gauze wrap in super glue, dry overnight. this should form a strong enough support for the entire arm.

From what I can see, the super glued section may break again after some use due to vibration without the gauze wrap.

Good luck!

here's a crazy idea to fix the broken part...

wrap 1-2s layer of gauze around the broken section, then soak the entire gauze wrap in super glue, dry overnight. this should form a strong enough support for the entire arm.

From what I can see, the super glued section may break again after some use due to vibration without the gauze wrap.

Good luck!

sound like a good idea ... like a bandage ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Burn and stick method only lessen the width of the clip. Best is to get a new one.

:P the superglue gel work for a day...this will be the temporary solution till the stock come i guess =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Is the new 6055 using the same clipping system and casing? :erm: