Jacky's Aquamedic Chromis Tank

hammy

But if u r to buy from a reefer, then no need to wait lah... straight away can add into ur tank... but u must take the rock from his water-filled tank and rush home quickly.

You need to make ur rockscape as high as possible to hide the pumps behind. You can also push the scaping nearer to the back so u can have another small island in front. No need to leave too much room behind, wasted space.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro Hammy, if you wanna get rid of ur zoos... u know where the Salvation Army depot is right? :lol::lol::lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

What's the UV good for... besides killing harmful bacterias and parasites?

Bro Colinsoon... u so "kiasu" meh? Ok, I let u win first... after ur exam... I will post "someone will come collect at your place within 30 min" :lol:

Bro Hammy if u don't post more pix soon... ur thread will become SRC members' chat room :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry :off:

no more picture to show for the moment ....a bit empty now . will show when there are interesting stuff.

BTW ... who says i am releasing my zoo . haha.

UV is good to a certain extend to control free swimming parasite and algae ie diatom

ammonia :0

nitrite:0

nitrate :5 mg/l ( TM)

phosphate: undetectable ( salifert )

still wondering now should i used the AZ-NO3 or invest in a denitrator . i know denitrator is not just a plug and play stuff. need to monitor .

sorry guys , currently i have to let it be a chatroom as i really have no pic but i will continue to post interesting pic if i have .

decided to invest in a tunze magnet although there's a risk of scratching my tank again

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Bro r u serious in adding another Deltec into ur tank? Coz I've seen it and it's kinda impressive... hehe can I get one also ;)

Hi Jack

Just a note, i might be wrong...

But overskimming can be bad too, you remove goodies like trace, minerals, magnesium, etc....so u might have to dose addictives (it would be costly) or more frequent water changes...Besides yr tank is quite a softie tank...overskimming wouldnt be too good in IMO.

Glad u happy with the Chromis ;)

Happy Reefing

Hi Jack

Just a note, i might be wrong...

But overskimming can be bad too, you remove goodies like trace, minerals, magnesium, etc....so u might have to dose addictives (it would be costly) or more frequent water changes...Besides yr tank is quite a softie tank...overskimming wouldnt be too good in IMO.

Glad u happy with the Chromis ;)

Happy Reefing

yes this is one of my concern too .

apparently there are 2 schools of thought .

the sales assistant over at RD told mi there is no such thing as overskimming , only underskimming .

while the other is like what u say , my good stuff will be skim out too .

currently doing more reading b4 doing anything .

anyway the biostar flotor is enough for my current loading .

:)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

the cheapest way of replacing the trace element in our system is to have regular water change :) don't have to be a big water change. 5% weekly is good enough :) this way, you don't have to dose any trace element cos we don't know which element that your system is lacking... we can't measure that :)

so, the safer and cheaper is to have regular water change :P

age.png

the cheapest way of replacing the trace element in our system is to have regular water change :) don't have to be a big water change. 5% weekly is good enough :) this way, you don't have to dose any trace element cos we don't know which element that your system is lacking... we can't measure that :)

so, the safer and cheaper is to have regular water change :P

isnt that the most safest and cheapest way ? haha..

u are truly a good pal to mi in reefing ... BUT ... the APF 600 :cry::cry:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

What's so special about the APF 600? Don't :cry: lah... next time when I sell u my Perc90, u can have it lor :lol:

it is not apf600... it is mc500 :ph34r::fear:

hehehe... then can see your 700 chromis in your tank soon :yeah:

now ur turn to leak my secret haha... :)

jervis ,

b4 u put up ur thing for sale , better tell mi first . i want almost everything haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Emm... too many secrets going around SRC nowadays... what's with the 500, 600 and 700?

Emm... too many secrets going around SRC nowadays... what's with the 500, 600 and 700?

going to pick up 30kg of rock now . anyway just bought a jewel coral

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

going to pick up 30kg of rock now . anyway just bought a jewel coral

Go... quickly come back or else ur LR will become DR (dead rock) :o Tonight's gonna be a long long night for you :P

bro, rocks dun die off so quickly. imagine all the rocks during low tide. 6 hours no water, all become dead?

rocks are still ok even after 8 hours exposed. from quite a few LFS dat i asked around.

Emm... u got a point there... wonder why I always rush home after collecting LR from bros... ;)

decided not to build too high ... feel like getting five chromis and put inside the tank . what do u all think ?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

decided not to build too high ... feel like getting five chromis and put inside the tank . what do u all think ?

To go along the name of the tank? Other than that... there's not much reason to add Chromis. I got 2 and they are not always pretty... they sometimes look nice when the lighting above is right, at certain angles, they look very ugly. They eat a lot and grow quickly too. And removing them from the tank will be almost impossible coz they swim so fast.

Re scaping... u dun want to cover ur pumps and pipes meh?

To go along the name of the tank? Other than that... there's not much reason to add Chromis. I got 2 and they are not always pretty... they sometimes look nice when the lighting above is right, at certain angles, they look very ugly. They eat a lot and grow quickly too. And removing them from the tank will be almost impossible coz they swim so fast.

Re scaping... u dun want to cover ur pumps and pipes meh?

er ... i think it is still fine ATM ... i like the concept of schooling fishes leh .

liveaquaria says they will go to school hahahah

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

er ... i think it is still fine ATM ... i like the concept of schooling fishes leh .

liveaquaria says they will go to school hahahah

Yes they do school... saw some nice ones at AM the other day... :lol: