New to Marine

Hi Guys,

Need some advice before I start FOWLR. However I got some doubts that need to be clear.

1) When starting marine tank, will it cost our residential floor to have the sticky feeling as saltwater do evaporate?

2) I am starting small FOWLR so with the following equipments is it enough?

a) Weipro Skimmer 2012

B) Cannister Filter

c) 5plan 2ft tank

d) DIY Fans

3) What water paramater must be check frequently?

4) Do anyone know of any marine LFS in Central Area such as Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Serangoon (other than rainbow)?

Thanks.

1) Evaporated water is only freshwater, salt will remain in tank... however if you mess around with the tank a lot (mostly from splashing and dripping)... yes kinda sticky... so must mop surrounding area everytime u do something major to the tank.

2) Depending on how big is ur canister, what u gonna put inside. Go for the biggest u can find/afford so u can have a bit more water current and more space to put in bags of stuff such as Chemipure, Activated Carbon, Biohome... believe me... u will need the space. Having a skimmer is a good start :D You didn't mention lighting. Normal PL lighting fixture is good for FOWLR setup. Heat wise... not much, so I think the fan is optional. Fishes can take up to 31ºC (although not very healthy in the long run).

3) Refer to my signature... the first 8 to 9 parameters are essential.

4) For LFS, check sponsor section.

Have fun!!!

And read more before stocking ur tank with fishes... some fishes will either outgrow ur 2ft tank in a year or fight like crazy in a 2ft tank.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica