Is the Water Parameters Good?

• SRC Member

lol

bro so your mg wasn't so low afterall!!!

false alarm...lol...moral of story is get good test kits alrite?

prob 1: ph and kh low, u can try the seachem powder form chemical that boost ph to 8.3 one. can't remembe rthe name, it will boost ph and kh.

every 3g/100L will boost ph by 0.9 and kh by 1.26 according to the instructions. so jus give your tank ph a boost to 8.2 is good

2:no3 super high. change water. and perhaps salt mix too. and if you're feeding alot cut that down. tune skimmer to wet skimmate and if possible get a bigger skimmer.i wouldn't recommend getting equip for no3 control cos its just more expenses...unless u rich la...lol. and personally i prefer solving the root of the problem

3:po4 way too high. get FR and po4 media and suck them out. your lr can actually absorb po4 and in the future leech them out giving u problems

4: mg high ca high nevermind. will drop one so dun worry bout them

hope this helps u bro!

Add some good bacteria into your tank... u should replenish everytime you do water change. Also, I think something wrong with your FR. Your current FR, filled with Rowaphos Pro should be able to do the job since you are way too underload at the moment... check the flow, too strong flow is bad, but too slow also not good... talking of which, I need to fix mine tomorrow.

Regarding skimmer, don't be afraid to let it skim lah... release the knob... don't worry. At least ur skimmer cup is within the tank, so if it ever overflow, it will not end up on the floor, so don't worry. Wet or dry, just skim!!!

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hrmz, imo....dosing bacteria in the tank after every water change is not necessary....unless your tank is new, or if you have new bacteria housing media, it wouldn't make much of a difference since most of your LR and bact housing will have been filled up anyway. Just my personnal opinion. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member
The truth of my water parameter measure on this evening 09 May with Bro Jervis

Water Parameters :

Temperate : 27 - 28

SG : 1.023 (Previous reading 1.024) to be confirmed

PH : 7.9

KH: 5.60 - 6.4 dkh :(

Alk: 2 - 2.29 meg/L :(

NH3/NH4 : Undetectable

NO2 : Undetectable

NO3 : 100 :cry::cry::cry:

P04 : < 0.6ppm :sick:

Ca : > 500 - 600 :erm:

Mg : > 1400 ppm <_<

once your mg out of range, you ca and kh may not in balance. so, now, you can't do any thing for your ca and mg. they will drop eventurally and slowly. just slowly dose up your kh at the moment.

i guess, you got to double check whether your saltmix give you extreme high ca and mg and low in kh... this is to find out why your parameters off range.

you got to do a lot of water change to bring down your n03 :) and at the same time, you got to find out where is the source for high n03. if not, you will still go back to the same problem :)

your p04 is way too high... you got to do something on that :)

age.png

Bro Altantis already running a FR filled with Rowaphos... em... perhaps you wanna show us some picture of your setting up of the FR.

As for the bacteria, yeah come to think of it, you might not need it... although you told me you never add bacteria before... your Ammonia and Nitrite is undetectable, so you do not need more aerobic bacteria (unless you start to stock heavily soon). However, you need to start looking at introducing anaerobic bacteria.

The Nitratreductor 1000 I introduced to my tank will only feed in a very low flow of water (around 1 gal/hour) to deprive the bacteria off oxygen, forcing them to do anaerobic converting Nitrate to Nitrogen. But to get this thing work is a pain in the a__!!!

Perhaps other bros can suggest you something a little more effective and easier to maintain. I heard Sulphur-based reactors are much more powerful.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Thanks all for helping up... :thanks:

The following is the old setting of FR but we can see the flow speed of the water.

The FR placed on the top (T-off from main flow from SICCE EXTREMA pump) of the chamber.

SwitchesFR.jpg

Currently the FR is placed in the chamber.

20060510-FRinsidechamber.jpg

20060427-RightChamberFR.jpg

What's in ur FR again? You mention something like Rowaphos Pro from another reefer... can u elaborate more so that we can figure out why ur FR is not doing its job?

Is ur 9005 working well?

Rowa Phos...

9005 lot of foam

Post pics I wanna see the foam and the skimmate, also show the position of the blue knob. Thanks!

Do take note how long does it take for your foam to return... shouldn't be too long. If take more than 2 hours, then can check with Seet... see what went wrong... coz it is not healthy for the tank to have "on" and "off" skimming. Should be continuous 24/7.