M&M's Tank

Altantis

Will "D-D Actinic Plus T5 Tube" do?

DD Actinic Plus is good, I'm using 1. But I recently bought an Aqualite actinic from AM for 1/3 the DD price,,, can't tell the difference lor :lol:

But bro... before you change the tubes... do consider this... most of the corals you bought today will look black/grey/dark brown under actinic blue... ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
DD Actinic Plus is good, I'm using 1. But I recently bought an Aqualite actinic from AM for 1/3 the DD price,,, can't tell the difference lor :lol:

But bro... before you change the tubes... do consider this... most of the corals you bought today will look black/grey/dark brown under actinic blue... ;)

AM... town or JK.

Aqualite actinic... mine is blue only :o

You already using Aqualite Blue? AM JK. Can you post a pix of ur tank with the 2 blue on? Don't edit the colour :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
You already using Aqualite Blue? AM JK. Can you post a pix of ur tank with the 2 blue on? Don't edit the colour :)

U no good lah... tell pple I edit pix :lol:

But I think my DC not good in capture blue light... still will show white; I think cos the DC is set to auto lighting :erm:

U no good lah... tell pple I edit pix :lol:

But I think my DC not good in capture blue light... still will show white; I think cos the DC is set to auto lighting :erm:

If that's the case, then u r already using the right tubes... does the Pink Zoos glow? Especially the center ring? What about ur Green Yumas? Do they all glow under ur blue light?

• SRC Member

Oh I forgot my blue-light off at 1am. Shall take the blue light tomorrow ( :( finally must go through my DC manual)

So the standard phrase...

Last pix of the day... the 3 ZOOS... 1 still not open :(

20060517-3NewZOOS.jpg

Show us more... I wanna see your Zoos especially the red colony on top... can you zoom in under actinic blue? I think the red one is considered exotic... depending on how red is the colour :)

• SRC Member

Wah, your latest additions very nice. Sure add colour to your tank.

I only last night didnt come online and today i see so many Bros with new purchases. Me dun have. :cry2:

I like your Yellow Colony Polyp Corals.

Your Red Man Eater Zoos powerful. i only have 3 polyp frag.

Nice nice. Keep us updated.

• SRC Member

Still wondering this piece same to be the same as the Red Man Eater Zoos; but in green...

very bright green... I shall call the Bight Green Man Eater Zoos (Bright Green Polyp Zoos)

Pix taken under Blue light but with flash...

20060518-GreenManEaterZoos.jpg

• SRC Member

Pixs under Blue Light only (I think my DC is not good in capturing image in blue lighting, can't present the actually colour without editing the pix <_< )

P/s: All the following pixs not edited (taken using different explosure)

Bight Green Man Eater Zoos (Bright Green Polyp Zoos)

20060518-GreenManEaterZoosBlue1.jpg

20060518-GreenManEaterZoosBlue2.jpg

20060518-GreenManEaterZoosBlue3.jpg

Very nice bro!!! Try to place it further away from the glass surface :unsure: Can't wait to see your tank in actinic blue... what is the best time to visit you hah? B)

• SRC Member
Very nice bro!!! Try to place it further away from the glass surface :unsure: Can't wait to see your tank in actinic blue... what is the best time to visit you hah? B)

:paiseh::thanks: Bro for the comments.

My tank width is very narrow LOL... & actually those sand you see is the creation of Mr. Pistol Shrimp

... & actually those sand you see is the creation of Mr. Pistol Shrimp

Emm... then it's time to give away Mr. Pistol :(

• SRC Member

BIG PROJECT LOL :ooh:

OK ... as per request the Red Man Eater Zoos in blue light..xxyyzzz (no need to explains...pix edited but still don't get the feel)

20060518-RedManEaterZoosBlue1edited.jpg

How about this? :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1147964716.jpg

• SRC Member

:paiseh: please don't let others heard it... they will laugh till cannot get asleep.

And hope not the REDEST RED MAN EATER ZOOS that u are talking... creation by Bro Jervis.

• SRC Member

Blue lighting Series... some pix posted as by requested

20060518-PinkZoosYuma.jpg

Can you see that big piece of mushy thingy in the centre (below pix)

20060518-PinkZoos2pieceYuma.jpg

Hehe your Yuma looks brown under actinic blue :(