M&M's Tank

Altantis

• SRC Member

For you to compare (pix taken on 7May06)

1. Healthy Leather Coral No. 1 & 2

20060514-Leather127May06.jpg

2 . Healthy Leather Coral No. 3

20060514-Leather37May06.jpg

:thanks: for reading and sharing in advance

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I moved my Starburst Polyp to a new spot that have more flow.

Yes, my Starburst Polyp is doing fine :lol: ... & "touch wood" first

20060514-StarburstPolypNewLocation1.jpg

20060514-StarburstPolypNewLocation2.jpg

Leather sometimes do retract all its tentacles... then a layer of slimy film (very shiny) on its surface to remove dirt from its surface... it's a normal behaviour... have you noticed such behaviour before? How long have you been keeping these soft corals?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Usually they will return to normal pretty fast. Will montior another day.

<_< I worried any dieding coral will add more impart to my tank water parameter.

How about if there is yellow stuff growing on the stem of the leather.

I thought I once heard that leather able to withstand high NO3 cos they absort it... but if high PO4, they will be gone soon (yellow stuff will start to grow from the bottom of the stem to the top)

See pix below to understand my "england" :paiseh:

So I wondering whether what I heard is true, cos I only came across it now :eyeblur:

P/S: I use to have this leather before my tank crash few times (8 days Holiday to China, Big Fish dead & missing body... etc)

post-34-1147622726.jpg

You haven't tackle ur PO4 problem yet? You should've gotten at least something to bring it down during the weekend. Go RD website, order from them. Ask them to deliver to your office tomorrow so that you can take care of it tomorrow. Your PO4 is at an alarming rate... I wonder how come you are not experiencing major algae bloom :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
I suspect my Leather Corals are not very healthy, but unsure which is deading off as they something also contact smaller :(

1) Leather Coral No.1, Sharing LR with a piece of Yuma (I think it a Orange Spotted Ricordea)

20060514-LeatherNotGood1.jpg

Now this Leather Coral seems to be better than this afternoon.

See the yellow circle for the yellow stuff growing on the coral stem.

post-34-1147625971.jpg

• SRC Member
You haven't tackle ur PO4 problem yet? You should've gotten at least something to bring it down during the weekend. Go RD website, order from them. Ask them to deliver to your office tomorrow so that you can take care of it tomorrow. Your PO4 is at an alarming rate... I wonder how come you are not experiencing major algae bloom :erm:

Cos I thought I still running FR with rowa phos :blink:

OK ....so...I need to get PURA PhosLock & PURA PhosNitrateLock first :paiseh:

Yeah I can see the yellow stuff... go do something about ur PO4 :)

The LFS replied, not recommending you getting the Sulphur based NR. Firstly, cost... u may even need to buy the MV monitor/controller. Secondly, very "risky" coz you gotto be very careful when you using Sulphur... any mishaps can cause you dearly. He is still recommending normal NR. Oh, his "small" shipment of the NR400 arrives in 2 to 3 days time.

But of course you can wait for bro Shootsimon for his review on the cool-looking double chamber Sulphur NR... do ask him about the risk, see if it is really that dangerous.

Hope you make the right decision :)

Make be can draw lot to see which should I get  ;) Joking LOL

Distress session>>> post other pix :P

Your Yuma is looking reasonably healthy to me :lol:

Omg! What is that?!?

I know already... ur LIZARD!!! Wow bro ur macro not bad :lol:

Bro... very sad leh... my Sand Sifting Star only left with 3 arms... dunno why... now in hiding some more :(

I think I got 3 running around... but I heard they can grow back <_<

Yeah they will survive... but still need to find out the culprit lor... I don't want my LS to eat each other :(

Someone is adding in something very colourful very soon :yeah::yeah::yeah:

How soon bro?

Bro if you wanna let go of one (smaller one), do let me know ok? My sand bed is getting messy <_<

You ordered Reefroid samples? Free one hah? :rolleyes: Hehe... your corals and fishies will love it!

• SRC Member

I got the sample from another forum contest. Lucky draw. And there is also the last entries on the day eg. 2359hrs which I qualify for 4 day for a chance to win a bottle of reef-roid but not so lucky. :paiseh:

• SRC Member
Someone is adding in something very colourful very soon :yeah::yeah::yeah:

How soon bro?

Bro if you wanna let go of one (smaller one), do let me know ok? My sand bed is getting messy <_<

Bro Altantis,

Where is the colourful thing Bro Jervismun mentioned ?? :blink:

Emm... what colourful thing ah??? I can't recall leh... bro Altantis, post a pix la... post anything in your tank that is colourful!!! :yeah:

• SRC Member
Emm... what colourful thing ah??? I can't recall leh... bro Altantis, post a pix la... post anything in your tank that is colourful!!! :yeah:

Hmmm... let me go through my DC :yeah: