M&M's Tank

Altantis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah considering chiller huh? To be honest... a chiller is unavoidable lor... can't always rely on air-conditioning to cool the tank... shop around... chiller is very expensive to own and to maintain :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wah considering chiller huh? To be honest... a chiller is unavoidable lor... can't always rely on air-conditioning to cool the tank... shop around... chiller is very expensive to own and to maintain :)

So which one will save electricity :D

aircon less troublesome I think :paiseh:

P/s: Not good in DIY and even self installation

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Altantis,

Your YT looking good. Is it any fatter? Can post a close up photo of it?

I still like YT a lot. :D

Oh i wont be using that picture u gave me on my signature.

Too 'ma fan' lah. I just keep it and admire it

once in a while loh.

• SRC Member

Hi Sis monki,

Yes. My YT eat non-stop ... need to go for RT already :lol:

Will try to snap a close up if my finger fast enough...

So which one will save electricity :D

aircon less troublesome I think :paiseh:

P/s: Not good in DIY and even self installation

Chiller will help maintain your tank temperature +/- 1ºC. Aircon doesn't... what if you go for a 1 week holiday? Emm... I've been looking at a few brands and I think Arctica is quite a good one :lol: You can get the 1/4hp model... check RD.com.sg :) But installation is gonna be quite a mess <_<

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Wow! You bought a new Yuma? Very nice indeed :)

• SRC Member
Wow! You bought a new Yuma? Very nice indeed :)

Same pic but snapped under different lighting/ flash etc :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Bro zorden, I do understand the need of cool tank temperate :(

But if we can get the tank temperate to be between 27 - 28.5 (depend on different timing of the day), can we have coral then?

I do heard some people even using DIY Computer Fan etc, to cool their SPS tank. Is that possible <_<

Bro Altantis... the quest here is to keep our water temperature as stable as possible (without much effort from our side)... that is to maintain at 27ºC the whole day regardless of the weather outside. That's what a chiller is for... your current method is working but requires too much attention... how long can you continue to switch on and off your air con unit according to your tank temperature?

Having said that, getting a chiller is no easy task... even if money is not an issue... getting it into the house is hard... coz it's so so obstructive to our lifestyle... the noise... the heat... the piping... the electric bill... this is one piece of equipment I come to hate... and love at the same time...

Trust me... your wife will surely say something one lor...

If your corals are doing fine... don't worry too much :) Start worrying when you see your beautiful Yumas melting :(

• SRC Member
Chiller will help maintain your tank temperature +/- 1ºC. Aircon doesn't... what if you go for a 1 week holiday? Emm... I've been looking at a few brands and I think Arctica is quite a good one :lol: You can get the 1/4hp model... check RD.com.sg :) But installation is gonna be quite a mess <_<

Oh not, I cannot go for tour.

Else will need to on the aircon - 24X7 :(

How about my tank water evapouration :eyeblur:

You need an auto water top up lor... hahaha... now you can start planning your spending for the next 2 months :o

• SRC Member
You need an auto water top up lor... hahaha... now you can start planning your spending for the next 2 months :o

Let me check my last week TOTO & 4D now...

maybe I can have chiller, deNO3, CR and even Iks :lol:

• SRC Member

Let me check my last week TOTO & 4D now...

maybe I can have chiller, deNO3, CR and even Iks :lol:

Yes yes I won

$20 (4D ibet)... not enough for the promo ME salt even <_<

Bro your tank is looking more and more breathtaking... just one thing... the upper portion is too bare, planning to heighten your LR formation a bit? Currently ur corals just stop at mid level :)

• SRC Member
Bro your tank is looking more and more breathtaking... just one thing... the upper portion is too bare, planning to heighten your LR formation a bit? Currently ur corals just stop at mid level :)

Rescaping... must build tower ... need to plan as my base is form by numerous small LR (I feel unstable) :(

P/s: I initially wanted to remove some of the LR to make way for coral...

I think you can also hang the LR from above... must be done carefully... not impossible :)