M&M's Tank

Altantis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice lighting.....well worth the money in my opinion. :)

It is... was there at his place and the 4 T5 is wonderfully bright!!! Although still cannot fight with 150W MH, but the effect is good coz his tank is only 1ft depth.

Bro wonder what method u will use to bring down NO3... Nitratreductor takes around 2 to 3 weeks to kicks-in FYI.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

It is... was there at his place and the 4 T5 is wonderfully bright!!! Although still cannot fight with 150W MH, but the effect is good coz his tank is only 1ft depth.

Bro wonder what method u will use to bring down NO3... Nitratreductor takes around 2 to 3 weeks to kicks-in FYI.

Yes. NO3 could be a cause of missing/dead LS. I have 1 missing Cleaner Shrimp since we purchase at AM the other time.

Yes. NO3 could be a cause of missing/dead LS. I have 1 missing Cleaner Shrimp since we purchase at AM the other time.

And I think u didn't aclimatize it properly... :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

No one responses :huh:

Lol!!! I still dunno what that creature is :lol:

• SRC Member

Answer: Pistol Shrimp B)

The Pistol Shrimp may also be called Symbiosis Shrimp and Snapping Shrimp. It is found in a variety of colors and sizes. Pistol Shrimp are not easily sexed, but the males of many species are thought to have a larger pincher. The sound it makes comes from an appendage on the pincher which moves when the pincher is opened or closed and water is ejected. The Pistol Shrimp can be easily confused with Mantis Shrimp if judged by sound only. Unlike the Mantis Shrimp, it is not harmful and will not pose any threat in the tank, with the possible exception of smaller shrimp.

The name Symbiotic Shrimp comes from the equally beneficial relationship the Pistol Shrimp has with gobies (e.g.;Amblyeleotris or Stonogobiops). The goby, with better eyesight, warns the shrimp of predators. The shrimp share its food with the goby. Depending upon the species, Pistol Shrimp may also have symbiotic relationships with sponges, corals, or anemones (e.g.; Bartholomea annulata).

It is beneficial to the tank as it churns the sand. It thrives in environments with sand, rock caves, and dim light. If in pairs, one will often stand guard at the burrow while the other is inside. The Pistol Shrimp is intolerant of copper or high nitrate levels, but needs a correct level of iodine in the water to promote proper molting.

Pistol Shrimp will accept freeze-dried and frozen foods and bottom feeder tablets, as well as scavenge for algae in the aquarium.

Quick Stats

Care Level: Easy

Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12

Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 2½"

Color Form: Various Colorations

Temperament: Peaceful

Reef Compatible: Yes

Diet: Omnivore

Origin: Caribbean

Family: Alpheidae

So does your Pistol live happily with ur Goby?

Wah got preview one... looks like a piece of new equipment :lol:

• SRC Member
So does your Pistol live happily with ur Goby?

Wah got preview one... looks like a piece of new equipment  :lol:

They under "Temporary separation order"....

After Climatizing, they lost each other. Pistol at the left and Goby at the right side of the tank.

Going out now.

Will update that equipment later...think you all should know (no big deal one).

They under "Temporary separation order"....

After Climatizing, they lost each other. Pistol at the left and Goby at the right side of the tank.

Going out now.

Will update that equipment later...think you all should know (no big deal one).

Hey I don't know leh... what ah? Must update us :lol:

Hey man!!! You are really something :lol::lol::lol: And yes, that's a very nice investment there... at least you don't introduce things into the tank to deal with later...

Are you good at DIY? Coz fixing it up will take some skills and patience :)

All the best to you bro!

• SRC Member
Hey man!!! You are really something :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  And yes, that's a very nice investment there... at least you don't introduce things into the tank to deal with later...

Are you good at DIY? Coz fixing it up will take some skills and patience  :)

All the best to you bro!

:D:paiseh::paiseh:

I don't like DIY. Very messy and may not work for me as I think I'm not a DIY person.

However I already DIY 1 CPU fan (Japan one) last month.

Back to DI. Yes, initially almost want to give up as I don't know how to connect, I almost turns crazy; as after connection I have water coming out through the connector.

Then I realised that I place the rubber in the connect wrongly...

BTW, I connected the DI to my only tap (normal one) in my house; and that the one at my washing machine.

Using a splitter for both the DI and washing machine hose.

But the way, my reading for the tap is from 66 - 74 ppm.

What that?? :erm:

The DI unit u bought from RD comes with a instruction leaflet right? I gave up mine... almost mess up the kitchen, the washing area and the toilet... definitely not easy, but I'm sure the result will be very rewarding :)

I hope you are relying on this piece of equipment to bring down the NO3 in your tank :heh:

• SRC Member
The DI unit u bought from RD comes with a instruction leaflet right? I gave up mine... almost mess up the kitchen, the washing area and the toilet... definitely not easy, but I'm sure the result will be very rewarding :)

I hope you are relying on this piece of equipment to bring down the NO3 in your tank :heh:

So the reading is Nirtrate??? The in flow is 66-74ppm and the outflow is ZEROLIZE

Attached pix of In-line dual TDS meter

post-34-1147457317.jpg