M&M's Tank

Altantis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

my black sea cucumber does those piles of sand

basically it takes in sand, polish whatever was on the grains, and excretes out from the a*se :lol:

Yes. I have a red sea cucumber :pinch:

Be careful wor... haha i dun think anyone so careless la.. but someone i know.. had his cucumber sucks in and finely diced up by the pump.. end result = beautiful specimens of new breeds of floating fishes with pure white eyes... <_<

seriously its fine. look at my cyna. pass me la. i help you take care until pretty prety den pass back to you.. haha.. ok? i am serious wor..

You settle ur own problem first :lol: Later my Prata "kena" fried by your dad :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

CURRENT Water Parameters measure on this evening 09 May with Bro Jervis :sick:

Water Parameters :

Temperate : <28

SG : 1.023 (Previous reading 1.024) to be confirmed

PH : 7.9

KH: 5.60 - 6.4 dkh

Alk: 2 - 2.29 meg/L

NH3/NH4 : Undetectable or <0.2

NO2 : Undetectable

NO3 : 100 :cry::cry::cry:

P04 : < 0.6ppm :cry::cry:

Ca : > 500 - 600

Mg : > 1400 ppm

CURRENT Water Parameters measure on this evening 09 May with Bro Jervis :sick:

Water Parameters :

Temperate : <28

SG : 1.023 (Previous reading 1.024) to be confirmed

PH : 7.9

KH: 5.60 - 6.4 dkh

Alk: 2 - 2.29 meg/L

NH3/NH4 : Undetectable or <0.2

NO2 : Undetectable

NO3 : 100 :cry::cry::cry:

P04 : < 0.6ppm :cry::cry:

Ca : > 500 - 600

Mg : > 1400 ppm

Bro... I need your help!!! I think my JBJ Digi-Lab is way off... I put in my old (3 months old) Dymax glass hydrometer showing 1.025, after doing the calibration with the solution that comes with the testpen, my Digi-Lab jump from 1.023 to 1.028!!! :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

How :o can change water???

I am doing it now... oh the right reading is 1.027... but still damn high :nuke::nuke::nuke:

• SRC Member

Bro Jervis... this is the product that I mentioned to you (from RD) to control Nitrate problem

PÛRA NitrateLock

The Ultimate Nitrate Removing Media!

PÛRA NitrateLock is a selective ion exchange resin specifically designed for nitrate removal. It is effective and completely safe for fresh and salt-water applications. 500 ml of PÛRA NitrateLock will remove up to 19,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 50 Gal aquarium for 1 month before regeneration; 1 L of the media will remove up to 38,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 100 Gal tank for up to 1 month before regeneration. With regeneration capacity up to 24 times, this wonderful product can be used for 2 full years!

Quickly regenerate the resin by soaking for 2 hours in solution:

1 cup table salt per 0.5 Gal of water - 500 ml of media, and

2 cups table salt per 1 Gal of water - 1 L of media

<_<<_<

Bro Jervis... this is the product that I mentioned to you (from RD) to control Nitrate problem

PÛRA NitrateLock

The Ultimate Nitrate Removing Media!

PÛRA NitrateLock is a selective ion exchange resin specifically designed for nitrate removal. It is effective and completely safe for fresh and salt-water applications. 500 ml of PÛRA NitrateLock will remove up to 19,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 50 Gal aquarium for 1 month before regeneration; 1 L of the media will remove up to 38,000 mg of nitrates and will service a typical 100 Gal tank for up to 1 month before regeneration. With regeneration capacity up to 24 times, this wonderful product can be used for 2 full years!

Quickly regenerate the resin by soaking for 2 hours in solution:

1 cup table salt per 0.5 Gal of water - 500 ml of media, and

2 cups table salt per 1 Gal of water - 1 L of media

<_<<_<

As mentioned... do check this product out with the "old legs"... the product may just contains some chemicals to mask the NO3 from our test kits <_< I read at least 3 books warning their readers about such products... should always stay skeptical to "magic potions" unless well tested by reefers :lol:

I am so so lucky to drop by your place tonight... or else I will never know... even thinking of raising my Sg slightly!!! :o:o:o This is why I believe in helping people... because in the end... I am helping myself :lol: Life is full of surprises!!!

:thanks: bro :bow::bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

:paiseh: My place quite messy.

Yes... do water flow contribute in the removing of Nitrate from tank. Think my SB area esp. the right side still not enough flow... only 1 mini tunze there...

Oh...mini tunze.. :lol:

20050509-MiniTunzeBox.jpg

Close up on label - Universal Pump Mini 5024.04

20050509-MiniTunzeBoxLabel.jpg

Open up Box - Mini Tunze with instruction

20060509-MiniTunzewithinstruction.jpg

• SRC Member

Close up on Mini Tunze - See spec on pump ... wow 5W (actually this is heat generated or electricity used?), with flow up to 300L/H.

20060509-MiniTunzewithinstruction.jpg

See how small this Tunze is... B)

20060509-MiniTunzeComparewithmyhand.jpg

:eyebrow:

The 5W is electricity consumed... whatever it is... this is a small, efficient and cute little fellow... I use mine for mixing salt (constantly running in the container... emm... actually what a waste of electricity, lol).

Don't think the Tunze Mini will contribute much, but if you have tight little corners behind the LR or inside caves, you can use it to push water in or out.

Oh yeah, forgot to discuss with you about Tunze Streams... IMO, after running Stream 6000 at lowest power possible for 4 days now... you only need 1 for your tank. But get a Multicontroller 7095. We can discuss this further, but trust me, that pump is kinda huge... not a very good idea to have 1 on the left, 1 on the right :lol:

• SRC Member
The 5W is electricity consumed... whatever it is... this is a small, efficient and cute little fellow... I use mine for mixing salt (constantly running in the container... emm... actually what a waste of electricity, lol).

Don't think the Tunze Mini will contribute much, but if you have tight little corners behind the LR or inside caves, you can use it to push water in or out.

Oh yeah, forgot to discuss with you about Tunze Streams... IMO, after running Stream 6000 at lowest power possible for 4 days now... you only need 1 for your tank. But get a Multicontroller 7095. We can discuss this further, but trust me, that pump is kinda huge... not a very good idea to have 1 on the left, 1 on the right :lol:

I was about to ask you on the Tunze stream ... so 1 also very big for my tank right, cos my tank wide is only 30CM. Then, must buy magnet holder also...

I was about to ask you on the Tunze stream ... so 1 also very big for my tank right, cos my tank wide is only 30CM. Then, must buy magnet holder also...

Magnet not necessary... depending on where you mount it. 1 is definitely sufficient for your tank, trust me. Get a Multicontroller so that you can get alternating current (so with one pump, you will have "on" "off" "on" effect, which is very very nice). I used to run a Turbelle Electronics with Multicontroller in my Nano and I love the effect :lol:

Call up RD and inform them ur change of order, you can always add later if you want.

Wah... within a month how come so different ah? You bought a new camera!!! :lol::lol::lol: Should be the same size as 6080... but 1 is enough lah. Your old location is not too bad actually, or maybe can be on the other direction, next to 9005, pointing slightly downwards...

How's the foam coming up?

• SRC Member
Wah... within a month how come so different ah? You bought a new camera!!! :lol::lol::lol: Should be the same size as 6080... but 1 is enough lah. Your old location is not too bad actually, or maybe can be on the other direction, next to 9005, pointing slightly downwards...

How's the foam coming up?

U knew... Lighting LoL.

More Full Tank View taken on 6May2006...

20060509-LeftFTVasof20060506.jpg

20060509-RightFTVasof20060506.jpg

THe white stuff is coming... out :lol::paiseh:

But the stream should be set to the lower flow at 2000+ right :blink:

Yes I set it to the lowest already! Still my sands (Grade 1 & 2) got blown off (a bit lah)... power machine!!! Just get one, you will love the effect... no need 2. Trust me, I've tried all Tunze wavemakers already :lol: