M&M's Tank

Altantis

• SRC Member

Erm, you really dose 1 cupful? Erm, better be sure whether the instructions says cupful or capful. Makes a big difference!~ Anyway, just for safety, for any new additives, you might just want to dose abit under the recommanded dosage, maybe 1/2 as a start, measure you parameters and slowly increase to the recommanded dosage. :)

excellent advice!

i am recommended to do that by many seasoned reefers also...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes... it is suppose to be a :fear::fear::fear:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

PIX PIX PIX :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Yes. I Kani up & down by them :lol:

Just off my light, think should let them settle down first...

All in??? Good job :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

All in??? Good job :rolleyes:

:paiseh::paiseh::paiseh:

Errrr... all escape during the process of "Acclimatizing" :( except the one that has the name starting with the "faster animal on land" :pinch:

Still sluggishly laying in the plastic basket container (handling by the side of the tank)

Yeah like I was telling you guys yesterday... the wrasse is so daring and bold now... go steal my Sun's food... haiz :pinch: Mine stay hidden (only reveal itself for 2 to 3 hours every other day) for almost 2 weeks, Qxn's shorter. So don't worry if the LW is in hiding :lol:

The new rockscape is nice, at least manage to hide the lower part of the 9005 B)

What's in ur FR? If you want the algae to go... try bring down PO4 to around 0.03, that will starve them a bit... and try not to dose too much coral food and blah right now, coz ur tank doesn't have much coral... all the expensive nutrients u poured in is being used by the algae to grow like crazy :upsidedown: You better do something before u go full swing with ur new T5 lighting :lol:

• SRC Member
What's in ur FR? If you want the algae to go... try bring down PO4 to around 0.03, that will starve them a bit... and try not to dose too much coral food and blah right now, coz ur tank doesn't have much coral... all the expensive nutrients u poured in is being used by the algae to grow like crazy :upsidedown: You better do something before u go full swing with ur new T5 lighting :lol:

Best optional - Stock up a lot of coral and don't add those blah & blah for the coming first.

Best optional - Stock up a lot of coral and don't add those blah & blah for the coming first.

Not a good option... algaes are extremely resilient, so if the nutrients level running low in ur tank... it is your corals that will suffer... once the first coral dies... polluting the water... the algae will bloom again... haiz ;)

What phosphate removal media u r using? And what's in ur FR?

• SRC Member

FM - Rowa Phos about 100g.

Formerly added 200g but the flow from FR is like dripping water :huh: removed 100g & out in filter bag and throw the bag into my overflow chamber.

Rowaphos and yet u have a high PO4... perhaps the amount is insufficient in the FR, dumping bad is so much lesser in terms of efficiency compared to FR (IMO redundant)... I guess the only way is to increase flow and 200g RowaPhos... hehe I'm sure u know what to do next... :lol:

How old is the Rowaphos btw?

• SRC Member

Rowaphos in FR less than 3 week.

Hmmm, if not getting another pump to push the FR... cos it will warmer the water :huh:

:idea: How about PURA PhosLock from RD? :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

It said:

The Most Powerful Phosphate Remover!

Hydrated Beta-GFH is vastly superior to white colored Alumina based phosphate removers and greatly superior to numerous Alpha-Ferric Hydroxides sold in dry form. PÛRA PhosLock removes 45% more phosphates than Alumina media, and 20% more than Alpha-Ferric Hydroxides. Unlike Alumina, PhosLock never leaches phosphates back to the aquarium. Unlike competing Alpha-Ferric Hydroxides, PhosLock never disintegrates and never turns soft and muddy in aquarium water. PhosLock comes fully activated right out of the jar. PhosLock does not need a specialized reactor and can be easily confined and implemented in a fine meshed media bag. :eyebrow:

PÛRA PhosLock will keep phosphate levels at 0 ppm, a highly desirable level in reef, planted, and exhibit quality aquaria. This is the most cost effective phosphate remover in the market place and unlike dry phosphate removers, PhosLock does not turn to mush in an aquarium. PhosLock outperforms all competing products. Packed hydrated with an induction welded foil seal for freshness, protection, and long shelf life.

Emm... sounds very convincing... AM also have a better version called Antiphos FE... damn expensive... also no need FR coz the particles are coarse... but I will still rely on a FR coz no matter what they claim coz I already bought one :cry2: Hahaha... no lah, the truth is, I still believe that a good FR will allow more even flow (in a controllable manner) through every particles where as in a big bag, the core particles may not even get proper/decent water flow for them to perform, hence wastage. Unless you squeeze the bag a bit and mix them around every week or so.

It's down to personal choice I guess... and yes an extra pump will add heat to your tank for sure :P

But you need to shake the FR a bit once in a while to increase flow... that's normal... but having a FR running on a T connecting to main circulation is not a good solution IMO. Coz FR tends to get a lot of resistance especially running for a while (sorta slightly clogged by blah blah) and since your outlet doesn't give any pressure to the water flow, more water will automatically flow towards your outlet, bypassing ur FR... so it's not as efficient as running a dedicated small pump for the FR.

But since heat is a major issue in ur tank, perhaps explore other ways to improve the situation... and I believe ur Sicce is good enough a pump.

OR do you think I should upgrade my powerhead to aquabee 3000

Don't think it will make too much difference as the majority of the water will bypass ur FR due to bottleneck there... however, Aquabee is a more superior pump... so might have a better result in terms of energy consumption, vibration, heat emission, etc... but don't expect the difference to be too drastic :D

I'm using 3 Sicces in my tank... coz Aquabees are so $$$ :pinch:

• SRC Member
except the one that has the name starting with the "faster animal on land"

Ok the fastest animal on land - Leopard

And that the rare spiece Emm... before yesterday... I know u envy of my Leopard Wrasse... but now... oops I shouldn't reveal your  

And thanks Bro Jervis for revealing cos I cannot find her... <_<

MIA so no PIX taken :cry:

Ok the fastest animal on land - Leopard

And thanks Bro Jervis for revealing cos I cannot find her... <_<

MIA so no PIX taken :cry:

Hahaha... at least after yesterday... we all know that the LW is a female... coz we have all seen the ugly looking male! :D