M&M's Tank

Altantis

Hmm...That why you suggested me to save the $ on the additional cost for the reno right Bro.

$$$ is one thing... look at the drawing u drawn... it's gonna be one-hell-of-an-ugly cabinet... like a traditional Chinese Prayer Altar (San Toi in Canto)... only in white, lol. So plan properly :P

My only rationale of having a in-tank protein skimmer is... if "suay suay" the cup got overflow... at least the water will go back into the tank instead of flooding my floor and furniture. And in many cases, protein skimmers can quite unpredictable when it comes to forming of bubble... esp after water change and dosing.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side talk.

Is Small Grape algae good?

Small grape as in macroalgae?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

actually I don't know :paiseh:

It's a type of Caulerpa... very nice, I used to keep but later removed coz they will go Asexual and coz havoc to the tank... but not always... read more on this topic on the internet. It's called "Green Grape Caulerpa".

• SRC Member

Hey Bro Nakazoru,

not sure whether you will visit my thread. Attached messy tunking (even without new T5 lightset and Skimmer installed yet. :paiseh:

post-34-1145693166.jpg

• SRC Member

Pincushion Urchin in action (inside the sand bed at the extreme right side of the tank)

Any idea whether do we need to feed this sea creature <_<

post-34-1145693914.jpg

• SRC Member
as what jervis said, u can have a tunze sitting in the overflow compartment...

mine also same maker but abit different design...

Bro Earth, you using Tunze Skimmer?

Tunze skimmer is good IMO... one of the main components of a good skimmer is actually the pump design and construction. When it comes to pump (of that size and capacity)... there are only a handful of producers out there that can rival Tunze's superiority. I suggest u check the Tunze Nano skimmer out... have not seen it in person, but so far... I have not come across a Tunze that doesn't work properly.

• SRC Member
Tunze skimmer is good IMO... one of the main components of a good skimmer is actually the pump design and construction. When it comes to pump (of that size and capacity)... there are only a handful of producers out there that can rival Tunze's superiority. I suggest u check the Tunze Nano skimmer out... have not seen it in person, but so far... I have not come across a Tunze that doesn't work properly.

Possible layout of Skimmer :evil:

post-34-1145716413.jpg

The skimmer fits quite nicely in your tank... is that a Tunze? Which model? Is your drawing to scale? If yes, congratz!!! You have a good in-tank skimmer now :P

• SRC Member
The skimmer fits quite nicely in your tank... is that a Tunze? Which model? Is your drawing to scale? If yes, congratz!!! You have a good in-tank skimmer now :P

Yes Bro. Draw to scale.

Took me 4 hr to use excel to draw rectangle and circle (1cm to 1 box) :paiseh:

I looking from Reef Deport -

Tunze DOC Skimmer - 9005 @ S$379.00; with DOC Skimmer Extension Set 9005.40 @ should be less tha $80

Details:

The new Tunze® skimmer of series 9000 contains a Tunze® Hydrofoamer. A pressure pump is used to produce the air bubbles directly at a new high-performance nozzle. The air bubbles range between 0.1 and 0.4 mm (.0039 and .0157 in.) in diameter. DOC skimmer has a very high capacity at a minimum of space required and power consumed. The air ouput is 650 l/h (171 US gal./h) at a power consumption of 21W. These devices take the lead in today's motor-driven skimmers for marine aquariums.

The advantages:

- at an immersion dept of 240 to 290 mm (9.4 to 11.4 in.), the DOC skimmer can be used for skimming in containers or cabinet filters with variable water levels of 100 to 280 mm (3.9 to 11 in.)

- air generation by Hydrofoamer fitted with a high-performance nozzle.

- easily removable skimmer cup.

- automatic cleaning action of the air router when the skimmer cup is removed.

- extremely low noise and compact size.

- principle of open water circulation.

- supplied with all cleaning accories.

- special nipple for the connection of ozone.

Recommended for aquariums up to 500 l (132 US gal.) of salt water.

Dimentions: L125 X W113 x H378 mm (L4.9 x W4.4 x H14.8 in.)

Pump wattage: 12 W

Voltage / Frequency: 230 V / 50 Hz

Water throughput: 800 l/h (211 US gal./h); air capacity: 500 l/h (132 US gal./h); skimmer cup volume: .4 l (.10 US gal.).

Equipped for operation in the aquarium. For operation in an aquarium cabinet, use DOC Skimmer Extension Set 9005.40 in addition.

post-34-1145716946.jpg

Bro the picture shown is a sump model (with suction cups at the bottom). You need to hang it on the side of ur tank. And that sponge is not needed as it is very awful looking. Just the bare 9005 willdo the job well.

Looks like u still have a couple of inches in front to play with rockscaping.

One thing to take note of is... check the diameter of the collection cup. If the cup is wider than the body, you may have a bit of wasted space when fit into the tank coz u can't flush the skimmer to the corner. Best is drop by RD to check for urself, I'm sure they have stock.

• SRC Member
You need to hang it on the side of ur tank. And that sponge is not needed as it is very awful looking. Just the bare 9005 willdo the job well.

Wondering do Reef Depot opens tomorrow :angel:

post-34-1145719266.jpg

• SRC Member

Bro Jervis & Qxn, want to meet up at Reef Depot tomorrow? :D

Address for my reference:

6 Sin Ming Road #01-05

Sin Ming Plaza Tower 2

Singapore 575585

Tel: +65 6100-REEF (7333)

Fax: +65 6451-3498

Email: customerservice@reefdepot.com.sg

Opening Hours

Mon: Closed

Tue - Fri: 12pm - 8pm

Sat: 11am - 8 pm

Sun: 11am - 6pm

Sorry I can't... but u guys go ahead.

Have fun... and surprise us tomorrow!!! Look for Nelson and mention my name :lol:

• SRC Member

Busy Schedule ahead:

1. Test water parameter

2. Go to REEF DEPOT

3. Change water

4. Dose "Health Products" for corals & fish

5. Rescaping (if new equipment purchased)

6. Rearrange the wiring +++

:shock::look::eyeblur: