M&M's Tank

Altantis

• SRC Member

bro jervis, get simple current generators, dun hafta get some more extravagant wave makers already... hahaa.. C328 selling those quite ugly, but pretty ok performance smaller wave makers for 6 bucks each, which i think will do the job... hahaaha... 6 bucks should do be ok right...

atlantis, click print screen on your keyboard. den go to paint and select paste.

select watever you need, and clear out the board, and paste it again. you will figure out wat to do.. haha.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try using cheapo pump before...

Yeah and u even added a protein skimmer... nice cabinet, zoom out more... I want to see the whole thing :D Are you using back the same skimmer? And yes, u do need one if you want to seriously keep ur LS happy.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Yeah and u even added a protein skimmer... nice cabinet, zoom out more... I want to see the whole thing :D Are you using back the same skimmer? And yes, u do need one if you want to seriously keep ur LS happy.

Again <$12. Cannot sump. Just like putting there for displaying only :nuke:

Another thing... I notice u use flash when taking photos... could it be your lighting is not sufficient? I know it can be hard to modify the lighting... stronger lighting = increase heat... perhaps you need to be more careful when selecting corals... Zoos are great!!! Everybody is crazy over Zoos nowadays... B)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Again <$12. Cannot sump. Just like putting there for displaying only :nuke:

Bro... urs is a classic example of wasting money on cheap but not functional products, lol. If you can afford a custom made tank (by a branded designer)... I'm sure you can allocate more $ for ur equipments...

IMO there's not way you can save money in this hobby, either u spend on equipments, if not spend a lot of money rectifying the water... or worst keep on replacing LS. All 3 options require $$$.

Just my 2 cents... hope I'm not being too direct :unsure:

• SRC Member

no prob...that why that what I doing now..

Btw I got a 6080. Trying to figure out where is the best spot for the action <_<

but i got grade ) sandbed now..hmm

no prob...that why that what I doing now..

Btw I got a 6080. Trying to figure out where is the best spot for the action <_<

but i got grade ) sandbed now..hmm

Well... the 6080 in not controllable, so must be very careful not to create a crater on your sand bed. Where to put... em... cannot give u a straight-forward answer as we have no idea how you want to arrange your rockscaping? Normally, you can only determine the position of wavemaker once your scaping is completed. So now, focus on what you want to achieve with the scaping... then we find a nice location to put your beautiful Tunze... welcome to the world of Tunze, lol. They are still the best pump I've ever seen...

• SRC Member

Step by Step...

Previous pics were from the old set-up.

Now items that I have replaced.

Step 1 - R&R (not rest & relax but Removing & Replacing)

1a. Removed <>20kg coral chips in the overflow chamber on the left side of the tank --- Replaced with 1 pack AquaClay (saw another member using this same made tank). Also put in most of the leftover LR collected, in the overflow chamber to filled up the space after removing the Nitrite Factory (coral chips)

post-34-1145160428.jpg

• SRC Member

Hrmz, i remember there was another reefer here with your kind of backdrop too. Have to agree with Jervis that it looks kind of "yucky" withut proper maintenance. Sorry for being straightforward yeah? How much LRs do you have in there? maybe you can remove your backdrop(if possible) and get some LRs to do your scaping instead. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Back of the box of AquaClay >> Made in Germary lol :whistle

Oh yeah... I hope not influenced by me... but hey, they make good products!!! Best in the world (when it comes to hardcore technology).

• SRC Member

Step 1: R&R continue

1b. Pump out around 80% water (water level also decrease due to 20kg coral chips removed)

1c. Mix new water with Marine Mix to fill up the tank (I hope to get Tropic Marine but ...some said this is better)

post-34-1145161468.jpg

Hrmz, i remember there was another reefer here with your kind of backdrop too. Have to agree with Jervis that it looks kind of "yucky" withut proper maintenance. Sorry for being straightforward yeah? How much LRs do you have in there? maybe you can remove your backdrop(if possible) and get some LRs to do your scaping instead. :)

Just a question... how thick is the backdrop? Coz if the backdrop is thick (say 2" to 3") removing it can give u more room to play with LR. If the backdrop is very thin, then will not make much difference if there or not. As mentioned before, keep the tank water quality high... high calcium... the backdrop will soon take over by purple coralline... it can be the best backdrop, ever!!!

You can also try to place some suitable corals directly on the backdrop (using epoxy). This will make ur backdrop looks more like LR, hence giving ur tank more depth. If you haven't buy LR, then choose carefully... avoid chunky pieces, go for slim flat pieces instead.

Have fun... I can see a very busy week ahead of you ;)

Step 1: R&R continue

1b. Pump out around 80% water (water level also decrease due to 20kg coral chips removed)

1c. Mix new water with Marine Mix to fill up the tank (I hope to get Tropic Marine but ...some said this is better)

Interesting... can you do a water test of ur new mix? I might consider mixing my salt brands for variety sake.

• SRC Member

Hmm... think i must consider :heh:

If I going to do that, can I get help ha

Any Indian Chief or Volunteers???

Hmm... think i must consider :heh:

If I going to do that, can I get help ha

Any Indian Chief or Volunteers???

If u wanna consider... do it before adding new salt water... gonna be a mess for sure... whatever it is, u got a very narrow tank (around 1ft), so u must plan ur tank very very carefully... u r in a very challenging position... but I'm sure with passion and dedication, everything is possible.

Note: I'm ignoring ur request for volunteers coz I can't offer help... in labour at least. :)

Wah quite amazing!!! So thin!!! Then do think twice before removing it... without it, ur tank may look extremely shallow (only 1ft from glass to glass.

Normal fluorescent tubes or T5?