Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

nope mysis doesnt seem to do the job either ... anyways ... think i got a retarded clown tang ... he thinks he is a sixline wrasse... follows my sixline all over the place ... haha ... my new suncoral frag snapped just moments ago ... damm hard to shoot ... my hands not steady .. keep trembling coz weak ... wah lao .. haha anyway .. so far only one poylp open .. hope the whole frag will bloom soon...

dsc00037pj.jpg

• SRC Member

im trying this thing out now ... i mix 1 cube mysis and 1 cube brine in garlic guard, phytoplankton liquid and cyclopeeze. put it in the fridge overnight and feed the next day ... this is meant for my corals and fish .. is this ok ?

Reporter Tang??? Em... new species, try to shoot lar... must use flash. Oh nice food combination... actually, not necessary must put in freezer lor... if you wanna soak it overnight, fridge good enough... but make sure u properly thawed it before feeding or else you Sun will experience sudden temperature shock :blink:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Maybe bro Altantis tank can take it... don't think this guy dares to touch the Yellow Tang ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

well ... the MI finally gave up today ... officially pronounced dead at noon by my hermit crab .. and i need to something abt my filter area ... keep losing fishes when the stupidly swim too near the IOS entrance .. lost my clown tang too ... but my 2 TBTs are doing well even after the rescape ... tot they were itch-ed but they werent ... so released them back ... i know its very stressful for them ... but at least everyone is doing well now ...

Sorry to hear that... so it's really almost impossible to keep a MI longer than 2 weeks... how come ur IOS is posing a threat to your fishes? Why don't you do something about it?

• SRC Member

haha .. but my MI almost 3 weeks :eyebrow: .. umm .. somehow .. they get caught in the area where the water enters the IOS .. even healthy fishes ... then they just "drown" in the wool area ... if i just add a net in front .. the flow slows down and my pump will have not enuff water and start pumping bubbles into the tank ... i need to find something that the fish cant swim thru but wont slow down my flow .. any ideas ?

• SRC Member

wah ha ! caught my new frag of suns open last night ... lots of super big poylps !! woot ... so excited i forgot to take pics... hahahahahahaha ... bro ad_aware you know where to get the teeth ?

• SRC Member

*expletive* ... came home to see a huge cockroach flying around ... it dropped into my IOS return area!!! wth... faster threw it out ... will the cockroach cause any harm to my tank ??

• SRC Member
*expletive* ... came home to see a huge cockroach flying around ... it dropped into my IOS return area!!! wth... faster threw it out ... will the cockroach cause any harm to my tank ??

I only have flies during raining days (top floor HDB).

Now no more flying objects cos I have no choice but to close all the window in my living room to let aircon runs from 1-3pm and fan 24hrs :evil:

• SRC Member

been trying to add a refugium via overflow pipe ... failed terribly ... my overflow pipe is too strong for the the 1800L/h return pump .. tried modding it but failed ...tank overflowed twice and swallowed a lot of water ... wonder if the beneficial bacteria is good for my digestive system.. haha .. so discouraged now ... gonna go buy smaller pipes tml .. try again ... my main tank also not doing well ... cyano bloom ... think is my feeding too jia lat ... did water change and want to implement the fuge to keep the nutrients low ... where can i get cheap piping ?

No idea where got cheap piping... but don't give up bro... emm... how big is your refugium? I gave up my Chaeto coz their presence are way too insignificant for my tank... why don't you rely on phos and nitrate remover to do the job?

• SRC Member

a refugium in the long run will be cheaper .. plus .. i get extra space for naughty creatures ... or a invert tank .. haha ... dunno la ... see if got chance then decide .. now impt thing is to get it running right ..

• SRC Member

day two ...

still failed in the fuge project ... decided to get a better pump ... bought a 1800L/h pump to run the fuge but it was too weak ... used my dymax 2500L/h but was too strong ... thinking of finding something in between ... are the such pumps ? 2000L/h ? anyway im selling off my dymax or swopping it off ... anyone interested ?

very tired now ... my tank is in a mess ... my room like a construction site ###### disaster zone ... algae all over my tank ... but my gonio is opening like siao liao .. haha ... feel like giving up my fuge project .. but just cant seem to let it go ... so many things on my schedule now im gonna like die la ...

Emm... yes there are plenty of 2000l/h pumps out there... or you can invest in a Tunze Circulation pump (adjustable) that costs $199.00 (check RD.com.sg)

Don't give up... I might need your experience in setting up refugium... coz I am planning to turn my right compartment into a refugium... not so much to control nutrients but to stabilize pH at night. But need to do some mods to the chamber in order to achieve optimum flow... so may take a while.