Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
found this method on the saltwater about site. modified it a little ... pls advice

plan4ms.jpg

for the part [ fuge to main ]

the return pipe will be quite high up. so in case of black out .. the minimum level of water will be under the return outlet (( as seen in A ))

note : fuge will be half full so in case of black out ... water that would flow in would not overflow.

[main to fuge]

the pump will be place near the water line ... so in case of black out ... water that would be drawn into the fuge will stop once it goes below the pump intake ..

is this idea workable ? will keep my skimmer ... btw im using a 2 footer as a fuge ..

not a good idea. cos if one pump fails, either you gonna haf a flooded main tank or a flooded refuge.

• SRC Member

update from sunday:

bought two gobies and a bicolor blenny

update on monday:

found 2 gobies in my filter wool ... 1 still alive ... put it back .. somehow everytime i try this species they always end up in the wool .. so annoyed ..

are bicolors carnivorous ? tot they herbivores ... feeding time its was going at the brine like crazy ...

New light? Show pix leh... I'm sure your corals will thank you for your effort in bringing them LIGHT!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah: You must take drastic move to control your algae already... your skimmer died? So what model are you considering?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hahaha it is normal and it is very very pretty!!! Keep it up!!! With the new lighting? Or always been like that?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

sometimes with old lighting... but almost constant with new ( other than when lights just on ) mebbe it needs to warm up first then can show off .. haha..

algae ? got no more probs with that anymore ... think the mangrove is working liao ... and my survivor goby working OT everyday ... haha ...

I notice one thing with my 4 Cleaner Shrimps (all growing like crazy!!!)... they will start to come out of the caves once I off my lights... they love total darkness :lol: Hehe just to share my experience :)

• SRC Member

my tang's been gone for 2 days now ... MIA for the longest time so far ... dunno if he's hiding or not ... am i doing anything wrong in tang keeping ? i feed seaweed flakes , BS and mysis soaked with garlic.. it was very picky with its food ..

As long as it's eating... the disappearance has nothing to do with feeding/hungry... u may wanna do a major water parameters test tonight :)

• SRC Member

Any better lobang?

hmm... happen to read the thread till this point.. I love randall goby and my nemo killed it.. shit.... I got mine previously at I aquarium... Single digit price :) hth...

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Price of LS fluctuates... mainly driven by demand and supply... from what I know... Randall was in high demand a couple of months back (with the Nano craze)... I bought one last 2 weeks for $10.

• SRC Member

thanks for the advice ... i found out that randalls were cheaper than 15 too ... will get one when i have a chance too again ...

bro jervis .. my other fishes are doing well ... but i'll check my para with whatever kits i have ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

my IWARNA tonga items !

dsc00819wh.jpg

two headed bubbles ... any idea if its pearl or cat-eye ?

dsc00838wz.jpg

tonga hammers ... abit brownish heads..

dsc00856hm.jpg

super injured pink gonios .. dun think its from tonga but bought on the same day at a low low price :fear:

found this yesterday ... is this a bristleworm ?

Ewwwww :sick::sick::sick: Kill it!!! As suggest by a bro before... put it under a car and roll over it a few times!!! :lol:

That piece of Green Gonio is gonna rock!!! Do post more pix as mine not opening too huge... probably not enough light, shadowed by my giant Hammer ;)