Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• SRC Member

AND NOW !!!! FINALLY... MY BEAUTIES !!!!

dsc02525qi.jpg

heres another pic

dsc02542up.jpg

i apologise for the bad quality ... they are fast and swim at the top of the tank ... so the lighting abit screwed ... im also still at the newb stage of using a digital SLR ..

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

omg !! i cant believe i din notice this !!!! super big atispia !!!

dsc02836ly.jpg

compare it with the head of my tbt !?! any suggestions on how to get rid of it ? i saw henry's thread about the seagrass filefish ... dun mind getting .. but dunno where got stock ...

omg !! i cant believe i din notice this !!!! super big atispia !!!

dsc02836ly.jpg

compare it with the head of my tbt !?! any suggestions on how to get rid of it ? i saw henry's thread about the seagrass filefish ... dun mind getting .. but dunno where got stock ...

Bro Colinsoon got a Filefish to give away!!! PM him :rolleyes:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

hmm will keep tt in mind next time i get anthias ..

thanks !

Anthias are hard to keep... u might need to get an automatic feeding machine (Eheim brand) but can only use for pellets, and sometimes can overfeed too, not very consistent IMO. But Anthias are so so pretty... recover and go get some more :lol: Next time, get those feeding ones :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

think i lay low on the fishes first ... just get a pair of gobies to clean SB ... the next LFS trip im going will be focused on corals... hope i can get another frag of suns !

anyways .. heres some snaps i took ... comment leh ! tell me if my skill needs improvement .. or my glass needs cleaning ... hahaha..

dsc02824ou.jpg

this guy never fails to amuse my friends ..

dsc02813my.jpg

PS. my brother claims tt theres a documentary on cukes ... that they can regenerate even after being cut in half .. please tell me its not true .. if my brother finds out tt its true .. he's gonna steal it and chop it ... claiming tt we can start a cuke propagating business ... ugh .. i get sick at the thought of tt ..

dsc02889ju.jpg

this guy's fins healed .. but the end result is very ugly .. so sad ..

dsc02690aw.jpg

MY TBT !!!! and the bali clown female.. my TBT is so funny ... he tries to get to know everyone in the tank ... but no one gives a crap about him .. hahaha

• SRC Member
PS. my brother claims tt theres a documentary on cukes ... that they can regenerate even after being cut in half .. please tell me its not true .. if my brother finds out tt its true .. he's gonna steal it and chop it ... claiming tt we can start a cuke propagating business ... ugh .. i get sick at the thought of tt ..

yes its true :o

i saw the documentary too ... :(

and the host of the show eating the intestine

of the cucumber ..... *fresh* :bow:

*yucks* :sick:

Nice Blue Gorgonia... at least your red branches are still very "red"... glass need cleaning? Em... not sure but your photos are a bit on the green side (especially the BT shot). Maybe you wanna enhance the photos using Photoshop or other softwares before posting... oops... now you know why my corals look colourful and healthy... lol

BTW .. how and what do i feed gonios ? can i just use cyclo ? or would they eat mysis ?

You mean Gorgonia (Sea Fan)? They love Cyclop-eeze... if you wanna spoil ur corals, can also try Reef Roid (can buy from Aqua Mart). So far, the best food for my Sea Fan and corals.

as in goniopora ... hmm how much is it ??

Hehe give Aqua Mart a call... 3 times the cost of a Cyclop-eeze (roughly) <_<

• SRC Member

3 TIMES !!!?!? i bought my large tin of cyclo for 33 leh ?! tt means is 99 ? omgosh .. i dun even have tt amt of cash to spare ... haha .. think i will try cyclo first la ...

3 TIMES !!!?!? i bought my large tin of cyclo for 33 leh ?! tt means is 99 ? omgosh .. i dun even have tt amt of cash to spare ... haha .. think i will try cyclo first la ...

Oh... I was comparing with the small tin of Cyclop-eeze... ok lah, if your Cyclop-eeze is $33, then you will find the Reef Roid quite affordable also, quite close. IMHO, the Reed Roid is a much superior product :lol:

• SRC Member

went down to ah bengs today ... came back with good news and bad news .. good news is : my new additions !

dsc00069xf.jpg

dsc00250dz.jpg

and ... i got psycho-ed by my darling into getting another idol ( after a traumatising failed attempt ) but this guy's a beauty !

dsc00116ax.jpg

another thing is my suns ! opening wonderfully..

dsc00127lr.jpg

but my TBT ... my fav... is sick ... bloated eyeball... was devasted until read tt it would heal ... did a water change and hope for the best ... it still eats like a pig ... but my idols not eating yet ... will try mussels tml ...

dsc00192ro1.jpg

Wow! Your MI is perfect!!! Mine the top fin slightly damaged... no choice. Out of the 5 specimens in Irwana's tank, only 3 feeding. I bought the smallest of the 3, so the no "high-fin" like yours... all the best in ur mussels feeding :D I'm sure ur other fishes will love it!!!

About your TBT, sorry to see that... I read from an advanced book... bloated eyes can also be caused by Supersaturation of Oxygen... I think it is too high lvl of oxygen in the water. You might wanna do some reading on that topic.

• SRC Member

only one eye is bloated ... going reefing for corals tml .. guess will buy one less and get some vitamins .. mines perfect? nono ... its not feeding yet ... if it does ... tt means i pass the first test... then i will feel a lil secure ... but last time also like tt ... feeding ready ... die ... haiz .. im freaking terrified la..

• SRC Member

any bros got advice for keeping MIs ? also ... my filefish ...is it the same one henry was talking abt ? tt guy damm cute man ... keeps going around my tank in the same route ... like police patrol :lol: