Jacobus's tank!

jacobus

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bought a toadstool today ... no time for pics and posting ... will try to put up asap ... also got a blenny ... its mottled in the front and has a bright orange tail ... tail is also uncommon looking ... cant id .. cant take pic as it went to hiding immediately ... umm the tail resembles an anthias tail...

Toadstool is nice... make sure u have strong current blowing on its surface... if not they will release slime every 2 to 3 days... my Blue Sea Fan really hate those slimes... tangling on its branches for hours. Do you happen to have a small BT? Coz mine will hide inside the Toadstool just like an Anemone and a Clown... very funny.

Blenny with Anthias tail... wow... probably a very fast swimmer... beware of jumpers :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

do all leathers with polyps need strong current ... coz this few days my finger leather not opening ... and my toadstool not open yet ... some ppl tell me suns need strong current too ... think i need to adjust my pumps for better current ... my good current spots are taken up by my sun and tree ... if all put there like abit congested looking..

jervismun: so cool ! i have a TBT too ... ur toadstool doesnt mind the bt ? but mine is quite small la .. wish i had time to edit and post some pictures ... then can show u ...

Qx : if it is eating ... but still has a few white spots ... is it ok to release it into my tank ? or still must observe ? ive been feeding garlic extract mixed in brine shrimp too... but im not sure if im putting too much or too little ... how much do u put in ?

• SRC Member

sorry for the long delay ... been awfully busy with training and school prep ... sigh .. here goes anyways..

dsc01886js.jpg

healing almost complete..

dsc01873oz.jpg

my madarins ! although now .. one of them doesnt look too healthy..

dsc01709dn.jpg

my baby clowns !

umm my toadstool leather still never open yet ... still experimenting .. it opened fine at the LFS ... last time i had one also open very well.. but this time .. ???.. any suggestions ?

• SRC Member

From Live Aquaria =

Toadstool Mushroom Leather Corals require medium to high lighting combined with medium to strong water movement. For continued good health, they will also require the addition of iodine, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.

Hope that helps abit. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

bought a new LPS today .. hope u guys can help me ID it ... the guy said it was jewel ..

this is it

dsc01953ry.jpg

how it looks like in moonlight

dsc02029nn.jpg

i recently put back my TBT into the tank thinking tt it was healed ... but i caught it scratching ... tho it was eating well and did not have any spots .. decided to put it back again .. messed up my rockwork .. sigh .. on the left is the old and the right the new..

dsc01927ng.jpgdsc02115jt.jpg

• SRC Member

dsc01935yc.jpgdsc02138me.jpg

dsc01949ph.jpgdsc02144yo.jpg

something interesting to add... i got the zoo colony on my LR which came along as a hitchhiker .. now its growing strong and bigger now ... i noticed that its actually luminous !

dsc02001ry.jpg

and oh .. i need advice on the tang ... no spots .. but scratching observed ... itch or no itch ? to dip or not to dip ? in the tank or in quarantine ? thanks bros... i really need ur help on this ..

Firstly, I think that round coral is a Gonio (I think)

Regarding ur TBT... I think occasional scratching is fine as long as no visible spots... let it settle for a while in the tank... ur treatments can also cause additional stress to the fish... let it rest for a while... don't ever dump in medication into ur main tank :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Comfirm...thats a gonipora.... :)

Hehe... I am getting better and better... amazing how much I learned within the last 2 months :thanks: all the bros here :bow:

• SRC Member

if it scratches like once or twice every few hours, its fine. but if it does it like someone is tickling it, den its time to get it out. best time to do so is at night, when its slping...

my BT when its slping can bounce around on the SB and still carry on slping...

• SRC Member

A few years ago, gonio is very diff to keep and it will recede after some time, for no apparent reason. So it can look healthy for a few months, then it recede.

But now, I dun know whether there is any change in the know-how to keep it well for long

However, I was fortunate to meet Anthony Calfo when he was in Singapore and he mentioned that red gonio is the easiest of all gonio to keep and can stay healthy for a long time.

If you have clown fish and it adopt gonio as its host, then the gonio may not do well as its tentacles are disturbed and not extended

Hope this helps ;)

• SRC Member

thank LP .. i also read from liveaquaria.com that red is easier to keep. i'll just experiment with one first .. i was thinking of a gonio forest ! but then dun think im a that level yet .. haha .. anyway ... sat in front of the tank when i just got home ... i din realise tt my feather dusters got so big ... they were with me since my 2 ft days ( my super duper noob stage )... now their huge and beautiful...

• SRC Member

just came back from IWARNA... was not my cup of teh ... but i at least i got 2 beautiful evansi anthias'. will post a picture once they come out of seclusion ... haha meanwhile.. some pics .. lol ..

dsc02365vs.jpg

half open gonio(moved it so retracted abit)

dsc02352ss.jpg

i never cease to be amazed by these ..

dsc02074vb.jpg

dunno why of all the shells avail. to him .. he had to pick the ugly one....

dsc02275pz.jpg

effects of my hardwork..daily feedings.. the injured parts are healing and babies are starting to come out.. they actually opened bigger after a while ..

GUYS BRO COLIN"S METHOD : CYCLOPEEZE BEFORE FEEDING WORKS LIKE MAGIC

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

hahaa no la bro, juz sharing wat i discovered... anyway another method is to drop a piece of chopped prawn into the tank for a while, the juice from it will turn the suns on... they will come out and stay out la... hahaha...

• SRC Member

they are right ... u are the king of suns... haha.. but i think the true GOD of suns is the ppl at IWARNA... just saw the dendros when the are all open ... :shock::shock::shock::shock: ... need shades man ... incidentally ... tt was where i spotted the evansi's ... then the aunty tell me have ... went to pick immediately... but the ones in the sun tank... dammmm sweee... so jealous ... wanted to tell the aunty give me .... haha

they are right ... u are the king of suns... haha.. but i think the true GOD of suns is the ppl at IWARNA... just saw the dendros when the are all open ... :shock::shock::shock::shock: ... need shades man ... incidentally ... tt was where i spotted the evansi's ... then the aunty tell me have ... went to pick immediately... but the ones in the sun tank... dammmm sweee... so jealous ... wanted to tell the aunty give me .... haha

Hi bro... I was there with bro Altantis and Qxnviolet... me wearing a white "Mickey" shirt with blue jeans :lol: You bought Evansi??? Pix :thanks:

• SRC Member

haha ... for the evansi pics ... bro colin told me this .... patience ... haha ... the 2 tt i got were eating some cyclo when i fed my fishes .. den went into hiding ... sat at the tank for 15 mins ... din see them at all .. hopefully tml or what ... do anthias jump out of their tanks ? like is it a common thing ? dun wanna lose these beauties man ...

• SRC Member
haha ... for the evansi pics ... bro colin told me this .... patience ... haha ... the 2 tt i got were eating some cyclo when i fed my fishes .. den went into hiding ... sat at the tank for 15 mins ... din see them at all .. hopefully tml or what ... do anthias jump out of their tanks ? like is it a common thing ? dun wanna lose these beauties man ...

Hrmz, ive never had anthias jumped out of my tank before. Cool! If they are feeding already, you'll have a high chance of success....give them some time, they come out. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

wah ... dun scare me ... i dun wanna lose my new beauties ... must really try to get my girl interested in anthias ... so many beautiful species ... i should have waited longer for my tank upgrade ... my fren wanted to give me a 6 ft for free ... sian ... imagine ... a whole school of evansi ! ... wah .... hahaha.. dreaming ... waited by the tank again ... still no evansi pic ... sorry guys ... you'll have to wait !

wah ... dun scare me ... i dun wanna lose my new beauties ... must really try to get my girl interested in anthias ... so many beautiful species ... i should have waited longer for my tank upgrade ... my fren wanted to give me a 6 ft for free ... sian ... imagine ... a whole school of evansi ! ... wah .... hahaha.. dreaming ... waited by the tank again ... still no evansi pic ... sorry guys ... you'll have to wait !

Tell her... although the Anthias are beautiful... she is still the most beautiful creature on earth... then she will begin to like ur Evansis... :unsure: