• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I love ur BEs :yeah:

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

AM got many BE with super nice color. Itchy hand me got myself one more BE, so got 3 BE inside my tank lio... MUST STOP from buying any fishes :pinch::pinch:

I think is too much for 2ft to accomodate 1 sea horse, 1 Mandarine, 1 spotted hawk (always wanted to get this out :pirate: ), 1 leop. wrase n 3 BE. (1 red head wrase MIA till now :angel::fear: )

My initial plan was to keep only BE, say about 5 pcs.. but cant' resist from buying other fishes, all looked so cute :yeah::yeah::paiseh:

AM got many BE with super nice color. Itchy hand me got myself one more BE, so got 3 BE inside my tank lio... MUST STOP from buying any fishes :pinch::pinch:

I think is too much for 2ft to accomodate 1 sea horse, 1 Mandarine, 1 spotted hawk (always wanted to get this out :pirate: ), 1 leop. wrase n 3 BE. (1 red head wrase MIA till now :angel::fear: )

My initial plan was to keep only BE, say about 5 pcs.. but cant' resist from buying other fishes, all looked so cute :yeah::yeah::paiseh:

well i have 11 fishes in my 2 feet tank ...

never ending one lah haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

OMG!! it spread to another rock, now got many many many....... Good or bad huh??? :blink:

macro algae is good but if you scare it will spread then harvest it lo...

macro absorb nutrients NO3 and PO4...

WOW!!! you are more greedy than me :o

Btw, saw you makan prata at Jln Kayu, you also getting fishes from AM?

was with kennethk, fishtalk and reefzzz talking ###### that day ,

;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Sis, ask you ah, your corals do you stick them or you just place them on LRs? And how you manage to fill up the space one? I have this problem that if I put too close, they will sting, if too far, then can see lots of LRs view, like botak botak like tat. :cry:

• SRC Member
Nice tank you have there...quite a good collection of zoos.

Hope the gold spreads like crazy ;)

Ya, thanks to you for let me have a smalll frag of this. It opened bigger now, sure it can spread many .. many,... many... I 've confident, matter of time :P

• SRC Member
Sis, ask you ah, your corals do you stick them or you just place them on LRs? And how you manage to fill up the space one? I have this problem that if I put too close, they will sting, if too far, then can see lots of LRs view, like botak botak like tat. :cry:

Hi mansiz,

Most of my corals do not fix at one place, I don't stick them because I am not good to use rock bonder :huh:

I only used glue gel for small frag of zoa. That't all.

As for corals stings... I do encounter once in a while, esp when some corals open up too wild, they tend to sting other coral. So far, I oredi identified few "garang" corals (Bubble, hairy mush, acan) and placed them far far away from other corals. :heh: But, if the corals are from same family, then you are save. :peace:

since, marco algae begin to spread on LRs, :yeah::yeah: my tank looked more compact now :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Glue gel is it epoxy (Don't know how to spell, hee.)? I wasted $$ with Epoxy, maybe I don't know how to use, everytime i mix the green and white together already, and stick the coral to the rock, they will fall off. I hold for 15 mins till hand numb also like that. Haiz. Macro algae I tried to put a bunch of fern caulerpa on the rock, looks really nice, but the tang also eat them, omg. :cry2: So for hard corals, do you create a hole between 2 or more rocks then you slot them in between? Then clam leh, also just sit on top of LR? Mine keep dropping down, cause it always open and close and it vibrates itself, then drop down. Then in the end, I put it on sand, don't know if sand is good or bad for them.

• SRC Member

Glue gel is it epoxy (Don't know how to spell, hee.)? I wasted $$ with Epoxy, maybe I don't know how to use, everytime i mix the green and white together already, and stick the coral to the rock, they will fall off. I hold for 15 mins till hand numb also like that.

:lol:Glue gel is super glue in gel form. You can try to find it in Hardware/ DIY shop. Not all the shop bring in gel form. Price abt $3.00+. I am using Loctile glue gel. small blue tude cost me $3.20. But very easy to stick small frags. :peace: Heard Iwarna also selling Glue gel. You can gv a try. Besides, Simei East Point basement DIY shop also selling. Usally, I got from that shop. Loyang point got... but the price.. $3.70. :whistle

Macro algae I tried to put a bunch of fern caulerpa on the rock, looks really nice, but the tang also eat them, omg.

:lol:My macro algea just pop out from the LRs, FOC somemore. :upsidedown:

So for hard corals, do you create a hole between 2 or more rocks then you slot them in between?

:heh:Not so complicated lar, I bought 2 super XXXXL size LRs then support by few tonga sticks. tada.. rock scaping done. Then my LPS rest on top on the LR and my zoa and blasto on sandbed. This is lazy ppl style :paiseh::peace:

Then clam leh, also just sit on top of LR? Mine keep dropping down, cause it always open and close and it vibrates itself, then drop down. Then in the end, I put it on sand, don't know if sand is good or bad for them.

:upsidedown:Lucky, your clam still able to close and open, else.... :angel: You can id some curve in place for your clam. It stick to LR after sometime. Put on the sandbed also find la.. as long no prawn to dig here and there :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Glue gel is it epoxy (Don't know how to spell, hee.)? I wasted $$ with Epoxy, maybe I don't know how to use, everytime i mix the green and white together already, and stick the coral to the rock, they will fall off. I hold for 15 mins till hand numb also like that.

:lol:Glue gel is super glue in gel form. You can try to find it in Hardware/ DIY shop. Not all the shop bring in gel form. Price abt $3.00+. I am using Loctile glue gel. small blue tude cost me $3.20. But very easy to stick small frags. :peace: Heard Iwarna also selling Glue gel. You can gv a try. Besides, Simei East Point basement DIY shop also selling. Usally, I got from that shop. Loyang point got... but the price.. $3.70. :whistle

sis, the glue is those superglue used for arts and craft?

not harmful to livestock?

it's waterproof?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef