Jervis' Gallery

jervismun

Welcome to my Picture Gallery!!!

Since my main tank thread is mainly discussions and Q&A, I've decided to start a thread mainly focusing on visual experience. I am still new in this hobby... but I really hope this thread can inspire fellow SRC members especially newbies.

As this thread is based on the idea of VISUAL, therefore I will say less, show more. I will include links to the particular LS for those who wish to learn more about them...

:thanks: for visiting... and let the voyage begins...

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Cleaner Shrimp acting naturally in my tank :)

White-banded Cleaner Shrimp

Green Chromis

post-34-1144556020.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My Blue Tang showing a not-so-natural behaviour :erm:

Blue Tang

Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral

post-34-1144556527.jpg

My Orange Sea Star gripping the rock so hard... it resembles the glove of a mountain climber B)

Orange Sea Star

post-34-1144556711.jpg

Tank view of my 24g Nano Cube... notice the well-grown purple/pink coralline algae...

post-34-1144556859.jpg

My 2 clams...

Tridacna Crocea

post-34-1144557107.jpg

My ever-so-shy Sunburst Anthias :ph34r:

Fathead Sunburst Anthias

Orange Spotted Ricordea Yuma in the background

post-34-1144557414.jpg

Green Grape Caulerpa (macroalgae)... not for the faint-hearted :shock:

post-34-1144557560.jpg

Frogspawn Coral is a very beautiful coral to keep... do not keep them too close to other corals as they STING! Compatible corals are Torches and Hammers as their stings will not affect each other.

post-34-1144557763.jpg

Side by side... in harmony :D

My Frogspawn and Branched Hammer

post-34-1144583500.jpg

At first I was shocked!!! My Six Line Wrasse nipping on my Blue Sea Fan... after much observation... the Six Line is just curious... :heh:

post-34-1144583682.jpg

The ever demanding Blue Gorgonia... in order to keep it happy, I must provide it strong current and target feeding 2 to 3 times a week using a mixture of DT's Phytoplankton, Cyclop-eeze, Marinium Zooplankton, Reef Roid Zooplankton and Aquaz Phytoplankton. Of all the food... I think my Blue Gorgonia loves Reef Roid Zooplankton the most as its polyps react to it very quickly :yeah:

post-34-1144584029.jpg

Thanks bro, I am using an amateur Sony DSC-N1... the one with a large touch-screen LCD. Since I am decomissioning my Nano soon... I hope this thread will act as a reminder to me what a wonderful 2 months the Nano has given me... and also help new members look for their next LS for their new tanks. :)

More to come for sure...

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my most successful photo shoots... 2 Cleaner Shrimps servicing a Pink Skunk Clownfish

post-34-1145685712.jpg

This is also one of my favourite shots!!! My hanging Orange Sea Star got some serious tickling from my Cleaner Shrimp :D

post-34-1145686173.jpg

looks like its dancing with the shrimp. :)

Hehe... it's such a rare occurance, I only seen it once! The thing is... it's hard to get the Star hanging like this using one arm ;)

My new Chevron Tang (aka Hawaiian Bristletooth) :) Been with me for 2 days now, very stable and curious... doesn't like my MH too much and immediately accepting my Cleaner Shrimps.

It's hard to describe its beauty... really :wub:

post-34-1146379591.jpg

• 1 month later...
Bro Jervis... I think you should update this thread LOL :evil:

P/S: I will also "copycat" :idea:

I don't think there's a lot of interested readers... look at the no. of readers... well I pass the updating to you... go start a very nice gallery since you have plenty of pix right now... don't tell me you went out and get a MAC to do nice nice picture!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

I don't think there's a lot of interested readers... look at the no. of readers... well I pass the updating to you... go start a very nice gallery since you have plenty of pix right now... don't tell me you went out and get a MAC to do nice nice picture!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Better readerships is usually generated when reader is attracted to your post, or if they can find it easily.

Your thread readerships can be up if :idea: :

1) Members use the "View New Posts" function whenever they re-login to this site. So that they will be able to find all posts that they haven't go through since their last login to this site.

2) Post at least 1 or 2 pix daily - so that you thread is on the first page (screen) of the Members tank & Specs when they access the traditional way (step by step)

3) Your pix quality and your review (you definitely get full marks or even extra marks for this) :eyebrow:

I think I've dominated the forum bad enough... another top readership thread? Emm... leave some readership to you lah! lol