jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can be trained to eat mysis...

Yeah according to Liveaquaria can train to eat mysis and brine shrimp... of course can also clear all the worms in my tank :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

not to put them in the same tank with six line wrasse, my six line killed my leopard wrasse

Err... I have a Six Line in there... but the Leopard is so much larger than the Six Line... u think they will still kill each other? Anyway will move them to a much larger tank 3 days from now, so plenty of room for them to avoid each other :P

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

no use. mine is a 3x2x2 my leopard wrasse was twice as big as the six line. but he still get killed. quoted from henry, a six line doesnt know how small itself is

So... prob I gotto let go of my Six Line already ;) Other bros? What's your opinion on this? Since I need to transfer the LS over... perhaps an adoption thread under the Pasar Malam.

no use. mine is a 3x2x2 my leopard wrasse was twice as big as the six line. but he still get killed. quoted from henry, a six line doesnt know how small itself is

that's funny . :D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

its not funny when you see how the stupid leopard wrasse just sit on the sand and let the six line peck. i have to use my hand to scare the six line away. and only got rid of it during rescaping. gave it to my fren and he kill a cleaner wrasse in his tank. oh ya he used to peck my algae blenny too

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

How big/small your 6lines ?

I'm interested. Feeding on frozens!?

My royal gamma disappeared today.

Gone.... $$$ .... heart pain man .....

:snore:

Bro I have not decided yet... coz I really like the specimen... very active and healthy looking. It's slightly longer than 2". Will decide tomorrow. If wanna let go, will PM you. Oh and sorry to hear about your lose... $30+ gone :blink:

Bros I've decided to start transferring some corals over to my new tank tonight (bit by bit). The water parameters are at acceptable levels for the past 3 days. I think it's better to introduce 1 coral a day (hardy ones like Mushrooms and Zoos) into the new tank to slowly add bioload. If not, this weekend will be very major increase in bioload.

Just transferred my Orange Zoos over. Starting to open already... (good sign I guess). Here's a pix under Atinic T5... wow! I've never seen the true colours of this specimen under my single 14000ºK MH. Boy... what have I been missing...

post-34-1144858141.jpg

Last pix of the night... this specimen is "so-so" ready for fragging. Since it is not attached to a rock base, I will try to separate them into smaller colonies. Currently too much competition between individual polyps.

Will transfer my Green Mushroom tomorrow :)

post-34-1144859995.jpg

• SRC Member

that is the problem with a lot of wrasses, they go right into the sand after release, and their bioclocks i must say, are simply amazing... my wrasse disappears exactly at 7pm, and appears at 730am everyday, without fail, whether my lights are on a not...

my previous experience is, dun worry bout them dying in the sand, cos if they do die, they will come out to die. and dun try digging around the sand for them, cos it will stress them out more, you wun see them for days... trust me, my first 2 yellow wrasses were a disaster...

feeding them is a lil tricky, cos if you come back from work late, you most prob wun see it around above sand, and that of course means they wun eat anything... try to feed your fishes when your wrasse is out of hiding. oh, they are ok with frozen brine, but they adore frozen bloodworms... you can try.. feed them one good meal every 2 days and you dun hafta worry so much....

Thanks Colin for the tips on wrasses... yeah perhaps I will just leave it in hiding (if it pleases the fish)... a silly question... if I do major rockscaping, what are the chances of it being buried and stucked by the LR above? :unsure:

• SRC Member

haha, the other time i unconsciously placed my LR on the spot that my wrasse was hiding, and if you dun stab the rock into the sand and hit it directly, and unless the rock is like super huge and covers the area, it should be ok. they can move around. wat i did when there were wrasses around in my tank is that, i poked my fingers around the sand where i am gonna place my LR, and feel for them. you can very distinctively feel them, something solid underneath... so nothing to worry bout crushing them or something.. haha..

haha, the other time i unconsciously placed my LR on the spot that my wrasse was hiding, and if you dun stab the rock into the sand and hit it directly, and unless the rock is like super huge and covers the area, it should be ok. they can move around. wat i did when there were wrasses around in my tank is that, i poked my fingers around the sand where i am gonna place my LR, and feel for them. you can very distinctively feel them, something solid underneath... so nothing to worry bout crushing them or something.. haha..

Thanks bro soon for the real-life experience, I will use my finger to dig the sand before placing the LR on the spot, don't have some extra large pieces of LR anyway... so should be ok. I'm sure it will dig itself out too... just like my amazing Sand Sifting Sand :D

Update update!!! After 10 hours of hard labour... here's the result :rolleyes:

My Tunze Reefpack 500, successfully transferred over to Perc90... actually it is much slimmer than expected, leaving much room in front for scaping.

post-34-1144932009.jpg

Transferring the Reefpack took 10 hours?!? :P What u guys think? What can a reefer achieve in 10 hours?

Hehe...

post-34-1144932116.jpg

Here's how the bottom of the ReefPack looks like... with 2 inlets to improve circulation at the back of the rockwork. I purposely leave a big gap around this area to enable me to access it without messing with the scaping.

post-34-1144932723.jpg

Although I introduced the 2 Cleaner Shrimps separately, 1 month apart... they quickly paired and stay together most of the time... perhaps they are bros... protecting each other from enemy, lol. The only way to confirm if they are in fact a pair is to add in more shrimps. Plan to add 2 more :)

post-34-1144932914.jpg

Ok ok... enough suspense... here's my NEW PERCULA 90!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Side view first... hehe :pinch:

post-34-1144933129.jpg

After moving the Reefpack to Perc90, the water conditions of my Nano deteriorated immediately... so quickly get everything ready for transfer within a couple of hours. As the water parameters in Perc90 and Nano are very similar (I even sync the temperature), all LS settles down right away... in fact, they look so much happier now... even my Blue Gorgonia opens up (largest polyps I've seen so far) :lol:

I am so glad that things are happening according to my plan... err... except for this one... cross-breeding between my 2 stars!!! Em... must be the Atinic Blue... love is in the air... :blink: "Can I touch you there?" lol

post-34-1144933472.jpg

After moving the Reefpack to Perc90, the water conditions of my Nano deteriorated immediately... so quickly get everything ready for transfer within a couple of hours. As the water parameters in Perc90 and Nano are very similar (I even sync the temperature), all LS settles down right away... in fact, they look so much happier now... even my Blue Gorgonia opens up (largest polyps I've seen so far) :lol:

I am so glad that things are happening according to my plan... err... except for this one... cross-breeding between my 2 stars!!! Em... must be the Atinic Blue... love is in the air... :blink: "Can I touch you there?" lol

:D:D:D

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10