Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

My super cleanin duo... Sicce Multi 800 to blow strong flow to every corner and "lobang"... my Tunze Comline Filter (retrofit, without casing... part of Reefpack 500) traps all the floating dirts and detritus... this is the first time I've done this combo... and it's brilliant :idea::idea::idea: I must do this more often :heh:

post-34-1150379154.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A closer look at the Tunze Comline Filter... the water will be drawn into the filter via the surrounding side (the parting between the container and the Turbelle filter). The gap is quite narrow so the suction is actually quite strong. The dirt will get sucked in... trapped to the layers of fine cotton wool. The design of the wool is quite interesting... it's actually a very long sheet, rolled like a bandage... very easy to clean as it can be unrolled/rolled after cleaning... The Turbelle actually sucks water from the filter container via the core.

This is one great gadget (although as old fashion as it may seem) that is too often missing in modern tank setup nowadays :lol:

post-34-1150379484.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

OMG ... i leave this thread alone for 1 night to go party arnd and so much happened.. such a traumatising event ... lucky u invested in all those swanky expensive equips bro !! btw i wanted to add about the parts not smelling when u pick them out ... parts of livings things still can function for a while even after being severed off their bodies.. i remember my lecturer telling us once that the human heart can still beat for quite some time after being taken out of the body ... haha .. who noes ur RBTA might even regenerate after a while ... but i guess u threw them away liao ... :evil: just imaging ... RBTA fragging technique invented by bro jervis. lol jk jk ... dun take me too seriously hor...

who noes ur RBTA might even regenerate after a while ... but i guess u threw them away liao ... :evil: just imaging ... RBTA fragging technique invented by bro jervis. lol jk jk ... dun take me too seriously hor...

Are you serious?!? Frag 20 pieces of RBTA?!? After what happened to my tank... I don't think it's gonna be easy to give them away... technically I believe they will regenerate just like starfishes... of course I throw already lah :sick::sick::sick: Down the WC they go... of course I know u r jk... do I look like a very serious type of person :lol:

Increase aeration should help to breakdown NH4 more faster.

Never thought of that... you are brilliant :idea::idea::idea:

post-34-1150381824.jpg

With the type of setup and equip u have, I'm very confidence that you will overcome this in no time! :D

Hahaha... but if crash... then I get excuse to upgrade mah... you know lah... nowadays... someone all Deltec in Deltec out :lol::lol::lol: I also want Deltec but cannot fit into my tank <_<

• SRC Member

Hahaha... but if crash... then I get excuse to upgrade mah... you know lah... nowadays... someone all Deltec in Deltec out :lol::lol::lol: I also want Deltec but cannot fit into my tank <_<

Maybe you wanna get another low height cabinet to house your reactors if you wanna go for Deltec!!!

So have you decided on which CR to go for?

So have you decided on which CR to go for?

I will wait for you to do a review lor... you go first :lol:

Done with 10% water change... ^_^ Gonna wait a while then do a Ammonia test again <_<

Preparing another pail for tomorrow :)

See... within 1 1/2 hours :lol:

post-34-1150385286.jpg

A pity for your RBTA, but great admiration for your dedication!

I once kept a small green BTA in a small 2ft (quite some time back) and the same thing happened....the whole tank crashed! Well ....that was when there isn't much of a filtration (overhead filter +weipro skimmer) .... and the tank was too small t handle the big drop in water quality!

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

A pity for your RBTA, but great admiration for your dedication!

I once kept a small green BTA in a small 2ft (quite some time back) and the same thing happened....the whole tank crashed! Well ....that was when there isn't much of a filtration (overhead filter +weipro skimmer) .... and the tank was too small t handle the big drop in water quality!

Hehe.. bro I handle crisis well... coz in my trade... every day is crisis day... and being the head... I have no choice but to take care of all sorts of crisis... all day long :lol::lol::lol: So this is kinda nothing actually :lol::lol::lol:

But it is still too early to celebrate... the danger ain't over... or it might just be the beginning :cry:

Ammonia is still high... lingering around 0.25 to 0.5 :( What is the danger zone? Or I am already in the danger zone :pinch: I know Ammonia should be untectable at all times :nc:

• SRC Member
Yes!!! Sis MONKI!!! My 2000th postings!!! Congratulations  :yeah:  :yeah:  :yeah:

Sis Monki... as promised... I will be passing my first Rics Florida to you as soon as I manage to split and propagate them (Note: that may take a while though... so don't be too excited  :P )

Yay, i am gonna get a free frag of Rics Florida... :yeah::yeah:

Wah so much had happen within a day. Sad to see such a nice RTBA gone but seeing how you quickly respond and with your skill and water change plan, no problem at all. :)

• SRC Member

I didn't really test my previously. Just got to trust our equipment...

Bro, you should get the kind reefer offer... but instead ask him to come over to change water only :evil:

Yay, i am gonna get a free frag of Rics Florida... :yeah::yeah:

Wah so much had happen within a day. Sad to see such a nice RTBA gone but seeing how you quickly respond and with your skill and water change plan, no problem at all. :)

Yupe! You are the lucky one... :lol: Now let me see how I can frag the mushies... I will let you know when the date is nearer :P

I know... today is a damn long day... yupe... no more Strawberry Dom-dom :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't really test my previously. Just got to trust our equipment...

Bro, you should get the kind reefer offer... but instead ask him to come over to change water only :evil:

Yeah... I do... but still can't take chances lah... I have a total of exceeding 4-digit LS in there leh... let me count... 1... 2... 3... yupe... definitely above $1000 ;)

I'm just afraid after I try the Deltec... I cannot do without it :lol::lol::lol: But seriously... if I have a sump, I will take the offer... or perhaps buy the set over since I believe it's a spare/extra set anyway... nah change water is simple for a 3ft tank... I wonder how much harder it is to change water for a 6ft tank :cry:

Final pix of the day... everything seems so peaceful... just like another day... as if nothing had happened :angel:

Oh my Neon Pink Gonio is not doing too well... sorta thinning away... let me find a new spot for it :unsure:

post-34-1150391596.jpg

• SRC Member
I wonder how much harder it is to change water for a 6ft tank :cry:

If u hv a 6ft tank, ten most probably u will have a sump. juz pump out the water from the sump and top up with new salt water and that's what I do! Pretty easy so no worry!

GO...GO.... upgrade to 6ft!!! :yeah:

• SRC Member
Ammonia is still high... lingering around 0.25 to 0.5 :( What is the danger zone? Or I am already in the danger zone :pinch: I know Ammonia should be untectable at all times :nc:

If I'm not wrong, the test kit will still show sign of NO4. However, since u already dose the Detoxi Ammonia from KENT marine, it will help to contain the NO4 level!

Yes, the Salifert test kit will not show 0... it will only show <0.25 (if I can remember correctly). But having it between 0.25 - 0.5 is still quite worrying... no chance to check this morning. Will do it later tonight... before and after another round of 10% water change. Hopefully I don't have to continue dosing the KM Ammonia Detox coz chemicals are always chemicals :erm:

After so many round of water change, you will becm expert in that which will prepare yourself for a bigger tank!!! :P

I got a feeling yes... I can tell how much I've learned by the way I handle the situation yesterday... I'm glad there is a forum like SRC... imagine trying to handle it alone (without forum)... even going to LFS not gonna help coz they will probably tell you things like "no problem one lah... you see my tank... I got many anemone died in there... still can make it" :lol: or "you are in big trouble... in order to avoid crashing your tank... you need to buy this, this, this, this, this, this and this" <_<

• SRC Member

I got a feeling yes... I can tell how much I've learned by the way I handle the situation yesterday... I'm glad there is a forum like SRC... imagine trying to handle it alone (without forum)... even going to LFS not gonna help coz they will probably tell you things like "no problem one lah... you see my tank... I got many anemone died in there... still can make it" :lol: or "you are in big trouble... in order to avoid crashing your tank... you need to buy this, this, this, this, this, this and this" <_<

Can't wait to see your next MEGA UPGRADED!!! :bow: