Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does all these look to you?!? :sick::sick::sick: It's my RBTA!!! Probably diced by my Tunze 6060... how it gets into the pump is a mystery... but I was very very panic this morning... rushing out to work... a bit late... gotta morning briefing... what to do???

post-34-1150337558.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

hmmm? looks like ur RBTA... if it is.. then its gonna be a big OH OH..

I know... bad bad news... almost like a worst news a reefer can get (especially when you are to rush out for a meeting) :angry:

I quickly looked at every corner of my tank... removed the "parts"... here are the "parts" I manage to recovered :erm: Now where the rest gone?!?

I got a feeling this incident happened 2 to 3 hours ago... there's no foul smell yet (yes I actually sniffed the "parts" :sick: )... all my tank inhibitants are looking normal... no casualty (yet)... my protein skimmer is working extremely hard now... almost filling 1/4 cup within hours :shock::shock::shock:

As usual... I do have plans... but at that moment... there are only "that much" choices I had lor :nuke:

post-34-1150337947.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I know... bad bad news... almost like a worst news a reefer can get (especially when you are to rush out for a meeting) :angry:

I quickly looked at every corner of my tank... removed the "parts"... here are the "parts" I manage to recovered :erm: Now where the rest gone?!?

I got a feeling this incident happened 2 to 3 hours ago... there's no foul smell yet (yes I actually sniffed the "parts" :sick: )... all my tank inhibitants are looking normal... no casualty (yet)... my protein skimmer is working extremely hard now... almost filling 1/4 cup within hours :shock::shock::shock:

As usual... I do have plans... but at that moment... there are only "that much" choices I had lor :nuke:

OMG... so sorry so see this bro... anyway take it easy k...

Well I will take this as an opportunity to test out my system (and the bacterias)... see what the Germans can do when it comes to disaster like this ;););)

I expect Ammonia to shoot up... so what I did was (to buy time) dose in the Kent Marine Ammonia Detox I bought during my Nanos days... if this product works... it will help control the Ammonia until later today... before I can do the necessary preparation for water change... I also added a bit of Seachem Prime :nc:

post-34-1150338604.jpg

That calls for emergency evacuation cos if it start to rot and give out NO4, very dangerous to other LS!!!  :nuke:

I can't evacuate my LS... no where to go... no salt water... I've got a very important meeting 3pm at Jurong later :( Gonna rush home right after that :unsure:

I've already searched every corner for "parts"... shouldn't be much left in there... I've power up my Tunzes to increase current flow :cry:

I will prepare salt water and tests once I reach home later :unsure: Hopefully all my fishes are still swimming around by then :cry2:

• SRC Member

do you think will it recover from the "parts" it that the case you will have lots of small RBTA. after all it still a soft corals

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

But to be frank with you guys... this is the kinda disaster I've been anticipating and preparing for... although it came earlier than expected :unsure: ... now I can really put my equipments to tests... to see for the first time the difference between a low-tech and a med-tech (my tank is not considered high-tech yet) setup... if everything goes well this time... I will have to keep my Aqua Medic Turboflotor for the rest of my life :ooh:

In my situation now... I really have to rely on my protein skimmer :unsure: and all the good bacterias I've been cultivating all these while... perhaps my Polyp Lab Reef-resh System is at work now...

Or I'm just simply trying to calm myself down... imagine I'm abroad now... what can I do huh? Cross my fingers? :blink:

do you think will it recover from the "parts" it that the case you will have lots of small RBTA. after all it still a soft corals

Still want to grow them?!? I will not allow another piece of Anemone into my tank again... ever... no matter how beautiful... don't care if it's blue, purple, pink, orange, rainbow colour ;) They might coz although there are "parts"... there isn't any smell at all... no bad smell at all... and if you see the pix, the "parts" are actually not slimy or rotting or whatsoever... ok enough of calming myself... I am just trying to turn away from reality :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Thanks all the bros that sent me PM for encouragement (you know who you are)... :thanks::thanks::thanks:

My tank will make it... I know it will... wouldn't it be nice if I can monitor my tank (using CCTV or something) from office... :(

The SUNS that saves the day... it was its beauty this morning that made me look into my tank longer than usual :lol:

Notice the cute cute star?!?

Luckily I'm an optimistic person... or else surely go bonkers :lol::lol::lol: as SUNNY as my SUNS :yeah:

post-34-1150342683.jpg

• SRC Member
Thanks all the bros that sent me PM for encouragement (you know who you are)... :thanks::thanks::thanks:

My tank will make it... I know it will... wouldn't it be nice if I can monitor my tank (using CCTV or something) from office... :(

That's what I'm doing now! :P

i'm sure it will make it... esp when u more or less expect this to happen.. i bet u already got urself prepared.. =]

I didn't prepare for RBTA patty... not to that extent... if I knew... I would've given it away together with Big Mama... even though my tank can make it today... I still need to "brokeback" changing water... at least 30% within the next few days :( and I hate changing water :erm:

To further calm me down... this is what I think will give my tank a higher chances of survival compared to a low-tech/unappropriate system:

1) Protein skimmer performing above average

2) Improved current flow with the new addition of 6060

3) Reef-resh System... bacteria that resides not in LR but water... so they will have a higher chance in breaking toxins & etc.

4) Significant amount of LR

5) Carbolit inside Phosphatfilter with 500l/h flow... I believe activated carbon can also help removes toxins & blah.

6) Kent Marine Ammonia Detox and Seachem Prime... dosing to help minimize impact (for the time being)

And of course I was lucky enough to be able to spot and remove all remaining "parts" from the tank before they rot further.

What you guys think?

Emm... I wonder what's happening in my tank right now :erm:

haha. . dun say i never warn u mate. . . its a diaster waiting to happen.

anyway dun worry ya. . ur livestock will survive thru this. .

this is when a beckett comes in handy. . its extrememly fast in skimming out waste liddat. .

take a chill pill mate. . nothing's gonna happen to ur tank.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

haha. . dun say i never warn u mate. . . its a diaster waiting to happen.

anyway dun worry ya. . ur livestock will survive thru this. .

this is when a beckett comes in handy. . its extrememly fast in skimming out waste liddat. .

take a chill pill mate. . nothing's gonna happen to ur tank.

You are the true wizard lor... was like warning me yesterday... 12 hours later happened :pinch::pinch::pinch: Beckett hah... em... perhaps it's time... :lol::lol::lol: but how to fit into my system? No sump leh...

I will be able to reach home before 5pm later... let's see :unsure:

I hope your skimmer is "potent enough"

The Turboflotor is definitely not very potent... but I got faith in it... total faith :lol:

I will update you guys tonight for sure... oh dear... the pails of pails of water change gives me the "chill" :(

I have never experience a RBTA grinded in my tank, but from other people's experiences (which means many times), usually there will be some casulaties.

u can keep it at minimum if u have a powerful skimmer.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

usually there will be some casulaties.

Oh dear :(:(:( I hope I don't :sick: when I reach home later... I shall start a new thread to warn reefers of the danger of keeping Anemone... I will share all details... and hopefully can also get some feedback on how to salvage the situation :nc:

And let's hope my Aqua Medic Turboflotor running with PH2000 is powerful enough :erm:

• SRC Member

The Turboflotor is definitely not very potent... but I got faith in it... total faith :lol:

I will update you guys tonight for sure... oh dear... the pails of pails of water change gives me the "chill" :(

Got myself a big bucket that can hold 28gal of water during water change. I think you shd get 1 too to make it easy for u!

Juz my 0.02cents!!! :P

• SRC Member

Oh dear :(:(:( I hope I don't :sick: when I reach home later... I shall start a new thread to warn reefers of the danger of keeping Anemone... I will share all details... and hopefully can also get some feedback on how to salvage the situation :nc:

And let's hope my Aqua Medic Turboflotor running with PH2000 is powerful enough :erm:

turboflotor percula runs on the ph2500 shd be more than enough.

SL1000 run on ph2500 too.