Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Hungry hungry hungry :lol:

post-34-1150132522.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bro, you reckon how much will it cost to dose that per month? my tank size is same size as you.

PMed you (a rough estimation... sorry no exact figure) :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Another FTS from a lower angle this time... clearly showing the 6 ATI tubes... the reflectors were angled to avoid too much light being wasted outside the tank... so the glare is minimized in the pix considering I am shooting directly at it... brilliant!!!

Note that most of my corals are still being stressed by the scaping and some still recovering from the destruction last night :(

post-34-1150133012.jpg

Here's my Bubble... still showing signs of stress... see those patchy colours on the bubble? I've not seen it on this specimen before... bad bad Big Mama :angry:

post-34-1150133203.jpg

This piece of Green Gonio is extending more and more :lol: (Note: luckily it was not affected last night)

post-34-1150134578.jpg

Hi guys... about time I update you guys on the Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000... introduced into the system 1 1/2 months ago... here's a pix of how it looks like sitting next to my tank.

In order to reduce pressure inside the chamber, I was told to find a spot next to the tank that is on the same level of the main tank. Luckily I had this piece of wooden box-up decor (previously my photo frames area)... so there sits my NR1000.

There are only 16 Deniballs inside the chamber and I am still trying to get hold of more so that I can reduce in the weekly feeding of Denimar (1 1/2 tiny spoon a week). It is recommended to add at least 30 Deniballs into the chamber.

The dosing pump SP3000 is placed on top of the NR1000 and unfortunately it is not electronically controlled... most probably I will replace the SP3000 with my Aquatronica dosing pumps once I get hold of one. The dosing can get a bit hard to control sometimes... but it is doing good to the NR1000, so far.

post-34-1150168347.jpg

I was told to control the dripping to 1 drop per second... but I find it too slow... I used to drip slow as recommended but it just doesn't make sense to me as it will take days for my tank water to go through the NR1000 once... and the "bad egg" smell... believe to be Nitrogen is getting real bad... sorta concerns me.

So I increased the flow to 2 drops per second to speed things up. The result? As you can see in the pix... the water collected from the outlet is (and always been) zero in NO3. It's crystal clear!

post-34-1150168797.jpg

Now the real test... last week my NO3 is still around 10 to 15. Today's reading shows 2!!! Magical isn't it... it's too good to be true actually... let me try to analyze what other factors/improvements that could've contributed to the big reduction in NO3:

1) NR1000 running at a faster pace... no more "bad egg" smell... almost undetectable

2) Improved current flow with the introduction of an additional Tunze 6060... reduced dead spots especially at the back of the tank significantly

3) I used to have some small pieces of LR inside my right chamber... that chamber is currently not in use and the current flow inside is not ideal. I removed the LR last week... obviously they are a major NO3 factory!!!

I believe it is the combination of all the aboves... let me test it again... just to be sure :yeah::yeah::yeah:

post-34-1150169171.jpg

Hi bro, appreciate your review of the denitrator. You mentioned you tested the water from the output of the denitrator and it shows 0 NO3 (it should, isn't it?). So did you test the water in your main tank? I guess ultimately, NO3 will drop if the rate of the denitrator removing the NO3 > the rate of NO3 introduced into your tank water and vice versa.

Anyway, your tank is looking real good now (been following passively since your nano cube)!

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Oops....posted a little too fast. Nice work on the NO3!

Specs

Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

Hi bro, appreciate your review of the denitrator.  You mentioned you tested the water from the output of the denitrator and it shows 0 NO3 (it should, isn't it?).  So did you test the water in your main tank?  I guess ultimately, NO3 will drop if the rate of the denitrator removing the NO3 > the rate of NO3 introduced into your tank water and vice versa. 

Anyway, your tank is looking real good now (been following passively since your nano cube)!

Bro, yes it's expected to be zero... an indication that the NR1000 is working... NO3 in my main tank is only 2 now... possibly going zero in 3 days time (if I don't add new LS)... thanks for your passive support... go ACTIVE!!! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

Hahaha... it's not that hard to make something looks good... considering the $$$ and time dumped in... but the real challenge is to keep its beauty consistently... just like everything else in life... consistency is the most difficult thing to achieve... even in a relationship :lol::lol::lol:

That's why I can't stop posting... coz I'm using you guys to give me pressure... once I stop posting (no one watching)... I might just get lazy and everything will just fall apart... so keep on supporting me so that I don't talk to myself :bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

haha ... nice method to keep ur fire burning ... im so stuck up with work now i can only feed my tank ... barely able to sit down and watch my tank .. no money to add livestock.

• SRC Member
... so keep on supporting me so that I don't talk to myself

:lol: Thats a funny 1.

Bro, can collect the 2 beach gobies

after tmr. Have you told your fishes

that they will be expecting new friends?

Ha! :lol: Hope they get alone.

Most likely will make friends w/ your mandarin

since they're all bottom dwellers !!!

I showed the gobies your tank photos.... :huh:

I think they can't see colours cuz no

reaction leh. I'm sure they'll like your

tank. :P

That's why I can't stop posting... coz I'm using you guys to give me pressure... once I stop posting (no one watching)... I might just get lazy and everything will just fall apart... so keep on supporting me so that I don't talk to myself :bow::bow::bow:

HaHa! :lol: I am pretty sure you are not talking to yourself judging from the number of views on your tank thread!!

Specs

Bro, can collect the 2 beach gobies

after tmr. Have you told your fishes

that they will be expecting new friends?

PM your details... I will try to drop by after work tomorrow... or something :lol:

• SRC Member

1. from the pics, u are using SP3000 to feed the NR1000. But SP3000 is a fix rated pump(ie 3L/H), if so how to increase or control the drip rate of the NR1000.

2. Does the NR1000 need continuos feeding of denimar powder? I thou once the bacteria is establish, the deniballs in the NR1000 will feed the bacteria there is no need to feed the NR1000 w denimar powders again.

1. from the pics, u are using SP3000 to feed the NR1000. But SP3000 is a fix rated pump(ie 3L/H), if so how to increase or control the drip rate of the NR1000.

2. Does the NR1000 need continuos feeding of denimar powder? I thou once the bacteria is establish, the deniballs in the NR1000 will feed the bacteria there is no need to feed the NR1000 w denimar powders again.

1) Using this... supplied with the NR1000 recommended use by the LFS... I know it's funny :lol::lol::lol: come to think of it... might as well use a T-off ;)

2) That's what I was told... if there are sufficient Deniballs... Denimar will act as a secondary food source... secondary feeding of once a week or forthnightly can help boosts anaerobic bacteria growth and sustainability in the long run... :)

post-34-1150181673.jpg

Just finish feeding my LS with frozen mysis (w/ Garlic Guard)... I gave my Prata a chunk of mysis and it swallowed all of it... of course my Cleaner Shrimps will always try to steal those food trapped inside its grasps... damn "shiok" to watch... I have to use my long long syringe to make the shrimps go away :lol:

Here's a pix of my happy Prata... emm... something new... I didn't know the inside of the Prata is textured... very much to do with the lighting... my previous MH (due to the brightness and shimmering effect) doesn't allow me to see so much details :)

post-34-1150184129.jpg

This is what I used to construct my scaping now... part of it at least... I am kind addicted to it actually... now I can stick mushies and zoos here and there... even thinking of sticking my SUN underneath the overhang (just like Irwana's) :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150184415.jpg

New addition... my Ric Florida garden :lol: Waiting for them to open as most of them have multiple mouths... waiting to be split :)

post-34-1150196201.jpg

Gotten 2 colonies from a kind bro... very nice specimens :wub:

post-34-1150199103.jpg

• SRC Member

Getting better and better...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

Getting better and better...

Thanks! :lol: