Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Sad... miss the Shroom open period... just came back from a movie :nc: Bought a set of Tropic Marine Mg/Ca test kit... will test now :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Both Salifert and Tropic Marin test kits give very close readings:

Calcium: 490 (Salifert) / 495

Magnesium: 1110 (Salifert) / 1125

It's good to have 2 sets of test kits... at least I am more confident now...

I bought down my JBJ Digi-Lab to try at Aqua Marin's tank. Their refractometer shows a 0.001 lower than mine. So the actual readings of my water is 1.024

:thanks: AM!!! :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

you went to AM today ah ? i went with my family too ... nothing much to get ... came home empty handed .. haha ... funny lor .. sometimes when i want to get something .. i go home empty handed .. when i dont want anything ... i go home empty "walleted" :lol: btw ... how to differentiate yuma, rics, and hairy mushies ??

wat is tt with the nice multicolored bubbles ?

you went to AM today ah ? i went with my family too ... nothing much to get ... came home empty handed .. haha ... funny lor .. sometimes when i want to get something .. i go home empty handed .. when i dont want anything ... i go home empty "walleted" :lol: btw ... how to differentiate yuma, rics, and hairy mushies ??

wat is tt with the nice multicolored bubbles ?

Multicolored bubbles? I only got a piece of Green Bubble Coral... you referring to the Tri-colour Yuma? It's my pride and joy :)

Hehe... how to differentiate them? I can't really tell also... still learning. So whenever I buy, I will ask the LFS lor... I know, not very pro :lol::lol::lol: I will do more readings... the problem is... they do look very similar and new unidentified species keep on emerging... I am confused :angry:

Anyone can help me ID this mushroom? It fluorence under Actinic Blue... intense red/pink :lol:

post-34-1147451509.jpg

It's hard to believe the Hammer tentacle can stretch so long... now I really gotto be careful when placing other corals near it... besides Torch and Frogspawn, what other corals can I safely place near them?

post-34-1147451611.jpg

Good news... the Elegance is looking quite stable... there's also no sign of degeneration on my Orange Plate, although it is still not inflating... the Red Goniopora is still opening shyly... the new Mushrooms and Yumas are looking alright :)

Oh! Will collect some US Zoos from a fellow reefer tomorrow. Finally... some better quality Zoos :heh:

:snore: nitey :snore:

• SRC Member

ur red gonio haven open yet ah ? maybe u wanna find another spot for it ? my green one open wide wide the day it came in .. i think i read in live aquaria tt reds are the most hardy ones..

ur red gonio haven open yet ah ? maybe u wanna find another spot for it ? my green one open wide wide the day it came in .. i think i read in live aquaria tt reds are the most hardy ones..

It is opening, but not long tentacles lor... this pix was taken 2 days ago... as I was out almost the whole day yesterday, I didn't got a chance to observe it.

post-34-1147490453.jpg

their only red in athnic light ?

The red will become more striking under actinic, the pix I posted earlier was a bit distorted (in terms of colour), notice the background is greenish? My camera sometimes doesn't capture well under my MH.

I "kena" White Spots attack!!! My Tangs... yes my Chevron Tang is also affected!!! I am now feeding them food with Garlic but I don't think that can get rid of the WS... what can I do? I may drop by AM later to look for a cure... a cure that will not affect my corals and other fishes :(:cry2::cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member
I "kena" White Spots attack!!! My Tangs... yes my Chevron Tang is also affected!!! I am now feeding them food with Garlic but I don't think that can get rid of the WS... what can I do? I may drop by AM later to look for a cure... a cure that will not affect my corals and other fishes :(:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Do u run U.V in your tank?

Do u run U.V in your tank?

No not running any UV coz it will also destroy the beneficial bacteria I've been adding using System Reef-resh... after talking to my usual LFS, there are 2 options:

1. To catch the infected fish out and cure them in a separate tank

2. To let the fish fight for its own life... if it happens :sick: , just remove it from the tank asap.

Other methods like dosing the main tank will do more harm than good to the entire system.

Preventive steps like UV and Ozone should be taken earlier, not now :(

I will go for option 2, I will let the 2 Tangs fight for their lives. I heard a lot of Tangs survived and became stronger after that. I know it sounds cruel, but there isn't a way to do it without messing the tank, which in turn will add more stress to the remaining fishes and corals.

For me... it's always the forest... I shouldn't jeopardize the entire forest just because of 2 trees :unsure:

At least they are still feeding well... not as "pig" as before... but still eating. Will get them something more appetizing.

Another newbie mistake I made along the way... "Dear journal, I need a Q tank"... <_<

Emm... lesser Ich already... but I am too optimistic that they will just disappear like that <_< How come I always have crisis? Almost once every week? Or I am the only one that reports every single detail of my tank :P:P:P

Actually it can quite boring lor... reading a thread full of problems... always asking for help :(

Ok... nice nice pictures coming ur way... here's my Elegance (after 2 hours of actinic light)... I think this piece will make it :lol:

Experience reefers, do I need to further push the skeleton into the sand bed? I seldom see Elegance with exposed skeleton or the specimen will open further? I notice my current is a little too strong now, will fix it soon.

post-34-1147499742.jpg

their only red in athnic light ?

Bro Jacobus... here's how the Red Gonio looks like under actinic blue. Under my MH, it will look slightly less red, but definitely not tan as shown in my previous pix. I notice the specimen is more readily to stretch out its tentacles now... compared to 2 days ago :( ... so I think I can relax now coz I got a feeling this specimen can make it :rolleyes:

I fed it Cyclopeeze 2 days ago and all the tentacles reacted promptly to the feeding... although I've been saying Reefroid is a more superior product, when it comes to feeding... variety is good, and Reefroid is good coz it's very very fine, perfect for my Blue Gorgonia... but when it comes to Gonio, I think they prefer something a little more bite-size :)

post-34-1147500030.jpg

This piece of Green Gonio is not opening... partly my fault... I have yet to find it a new location in the tank. My Cleaner Shrimps love hanging around it, and everytime my shrimps landed on them, they will retract. And it happens all the time... so I must move this specimen to the left side of the tank (currently occupied by my deadly Bubble)... the shrimps do not hang out on the left side of the tank <_<

post-34-1147500393.jpg

This is another piece of coral I'm concern of... hasn't been fully opened since day 1. I can see tiny little tentacles emerging from the skeleton, but no sign of it fully inflated... luckily the bright orange colour has not fade :)

Placement wise, I think this specimen is being placed well on the sand bed.

post-34-1147500584.jpg

Anyone can help me ID this mushroom? It fluorence under Actinic Blue... intense red/pink :lol:

Is it pink under white light... If it is den it is the same as mine... lol..

Sigh... It seems i am not the only one having it... Where you bought it...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Is it pink under white light... If it is den it is the same as mine... lol..

Sigh... It seems i am not the only one having it... Where you bought it...

Bought the Mushroom from Ah Pek. What's the name of this Mushroom?

Here's a FTS, 10 minutes after running MH. Notice the flying shrimp on top? :lol:

My tank is a lot more colourful than before... but of course there are a lot of room for improvements... I am trying to fill up the top portion. The base on top is actually quite flat, so what u guys suggest? Don't suggest SPS pls :unsure:

post-34-1147504809.jpg

It is a pink discosoma...

Oh ok... thanks for the ID, will read more on it... I might wanna go look for more... they are so pretty :lol: