Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Dun adjust ur flow, from ur spec the flows are alright

Ok ok... I shall not touch it for a few days... :lol: I really need something to distract me from the Prata... LFS tonight!!! :D:D:D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LoL...again? Go down to G.Octo la....nice place with expensive and healthy corals. :)

Yes... my next destination :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hw's your denitrator? Do you have problem to fine tune the flow rate? May need some advise from u when I get my hand on my denitrator!  :P

Which model r u getting? 400 or 1000? Stocks for both are very unpredictable lately <_<

Flow... em... I am using a Dosing Pump, so just have to control the flow, pretty consistent. But if you are thinking of using a T-off instead... also not much problem coz you can use the controller (typical manual airpump type) to control the flow.

After running the 1000 for 3 weeks, I must say that I am happy. At least no leakage so far (I'm placing it outside my tank) :lol: ... Nitrate is consistently maintained at 10. Was 15 last week. Although there is no way to monitor if the bacterias are actually working or not (so funny right?)... with so much new LS introduced... and some missing fishes... I will say that the Nitratreductor is doing its job.

I'm feeding quite generously these few days... give it 2 more weeks, got a feeling it will bring down my Nitrate to 5 even with continuous stocking.

I read Sulphur based denitrator is much more effective... you can still shop around :lol:

My Turboflotor is running full force btw.

• SRC Member

Which model r u getting? 400 or 1000? Stocks for both are very unpredictable lately <_<

Flow... em... I am using a Dosing Pump, so just have to control the flow, pretty consistent. But if you are thinking of using a T-off instead... also not much problem coz you can use the controller (typical manual airpump type) to control the flow.

After running the 1000 for 3 weeks, I must say that I am happy. At least no leakage so far (I'm placing it outside my tank) :lol: ... Nitrate is consistently maintained at 10. Was 15 last week. Although there is no way to monitor if the bacterias are actually working or not (so funny right?)... with so much new LS introduced... and some missing fishes... I will say that the Nitratreductor is doing its job.

I'm feeding quite generously these few days... give it 2 more weeks, got a feeling it will bring down my Nitrate to 5 even with continuous stocking.

I read Sulphur based denitrator is much more effective... you can still shop around :lol:

My Turboflotor is running full force btw.

Great to hear that yr NR1000 kicks in well. Still waiting for my NR1000 to arrive! Btw, are u using denimar or deniballs? Any idea how many deniballs is required in order to last for ard 1 year? Sm say 20pcs, sm say 40 pcs...getting confused! :unsure:

Using both. Was on Denimar (1 1/2 spoonful every other day) for 2 weeks, then A.Mart sold me 16 pieces of used Deniballs last week. So now I don't dose Denimar that often. I think I still need another 14 pieces of Deniballs making it a total of 30 pieces. IMO 20 is too little.

Need to wait for next shipment, the BALLS are out of stock :lol::lol::lol:

I got BALLS but I need more BALLS!!!

• SRC Member
Using both. Was on Denimar (1 1/2 spoonful every other day) for 2 weeks, then A.Mart sold me 16 pieces of used Deniballs last week. So now I don't dose Denimar that often. I think I still need another 14 pieces of Deniballs making it a total of 30 pieces. IMO 20 is too little.

Need to wait for next shipment, the BALLS are out of stock :lol::lol::lol:

I got BALLS but I need more BALLS!!!

Base on AM web, need 3 box but hw many BALLS are there in 1 box?

http://www.aqua-medic.com/products/product...oduct=Deniballs

Base on AM web, need 3 box but hw many BALLS are there in 1 box?

http://www.aqua-medic.com/products/product...oduct=Deniballs

I didn't really keep count :lol: But a lot!!! Em... well, possible to add another 40 Deniballs IMO, but those Deniballs are so exp!!! They go by BALL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Update... no improvement yet... on the other hand... my Leopard Wrasse is looking extremely healthy :)

post-34-1147173301.jpg

Look at my Hammer!!! So natural looking :lol: This is really a very nice specimen bro Hammy help me choose :)

post-34-1147173524.jpg

My Yumas :)

post-34-1147175548.jpg

I LOVE your yumas.... :lol: Esp the tri-coloured one.

Hehe... thanks! But the colour ain't great under actinic blue... the fluorescent pink is not very distinct compared to the Yellow/Orange spotted ones.

Guys... bad news... my JBJ Digi-Lab is way way off... after calibration the reading jumped from 1.023 to 1.027 :shock::shock::shock: However, my old Dymax glass hydrometer showing 1.025... regardless, I will quickly siphon out some water and let the osmolator refill some freshwater into the tank fast :pinch:

Meanwhile... enjoy :lol:

post-34-1147185577.jpg

At least I know why my fishes been disappearing... now my Pink Skunk is MIA... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Will bring down the Sg to 1.025 by tonight. Can't blame the testpen, it's my fault... I should've calibrate it every month :(

• SRC Member
At least I know why my fishes been disappearing... now my Pink Skunk is MIA... :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Will bring down the Sg to 1.025 by tonight. Can't blame the testpen, it's my fault... I should've calibrate it every month :(

Hrmz....don't worry, im sure you have everything under control....btw, hows your T95 trip? :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Hrmz....don't worry, im sure you have everything under control....btw, hows your T95 trip? :)

The trip was FANTASTIC!!! I bought 3 pieces!

1. Orange

2. Pink/Purple/Green

3. Red

Hehe will update you guys later... due to the high Sg... my new corals are still quite hesitant to show off its colours :(

See even my Goniopora (True Red) is not opening properly ;) Oh yeah... this is my red coral... a very small frag, but the only one there. I guess I just have to wait for it to grow big-big :P

Just to double check with you guys... strong LIGHT and medium to high CURRENT?

post-34-1147187111.jpg

Ok... 1.026... 1 more point to go :unsure:

Now I know why my Pink Birdsnest can deteriorate so quickly... within 3 days :sick::sick::sick:

Pix in living memories... :(

post-34-1147188412.jpg

i did something stupid help !!!

Don't tell me something to do with your beloved Moorish Idol :shock: