Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

wah power la u ... my AM card only got one "chop" ...haha ..

Hehe... because I always get good service from AM :lol: And all their LS been pretty stable in my tank... so far... :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Introducing... retrofit of the year!!!

Since I didn't manage to sell the Tunze Reefpack 500... I took the components out of the black casing and introduce it into my Percula 90.

After studying the Reefpack for a while... actually I got the idea while discussing it with Edwin at Paradiz Reef :lol: The filter casing is actually attached to the bottom (inlet for Tunze Turbelle 1600/2)... It fits perfectly!!!

Here's how it works... the water is being sucked into the filter casing via the sides, the water is then pushed through the filter media to the centre core... the water is then being sucked into the pump and directly to the outlet... :lol:

So now... the Percula 90 is PERFECT!!! That's exactly what's been missing in the tank design, a powerful and efficient mechanical filter that is easy to maintain and not affect the flow of water (due to clogging).

Glad I didn't let go of the ReefPack 500 :eyebrow:

post-34-1147020040.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Here's how it looks like... sitting nicely inside the back compartment.

From top (picture):

1. Polyfilter (will get rid after the White Spots problem)

2. Trickle filter (with lots of bio-balls)

3. Tunze Comline Filter w/ Tunze Turbelle 1600/2

4. Aqua Medic Phosphatfilter (filled with 50% Antiphos, 50% Carbolit) w/ Sicce 800 l/h

5. Beneath item (3) and (4) Circulation pump back to main tank using Sicce 1300 l/h

The only set back is... in order for the Tunze Comline Filter to work properly (without causing noise and microbubbles), I need to flood the back compartments. That will affect the effectiveness of the trickle filter :erm: Will discuss with CH (A.Mart) further on this.

Now... I can really sleep well :D Knowing that my filtration system is one step closer to being PERFECT!!!

One problem though... the Comline Filter media must order from Germany ;););)

Maybe I can make good use of the Turbelle circulation too... maybe connect it to a reactor or something :lol:

post-34-1147020451.jpg

The Stream is creating such beautiful current... only now can I enjoy the true beauty of GSP :lol: The movement... the intense fluorescent green... might get another piece to create a larger colony :)

post-34-1147021471.jpg

I know... it's a little absurd... I wonder how many Singaporeans are actually using the Comline Filter :lol::lol::lol:

Talking about cleaning... My 2 Cleaner Shrimps are working night and day to clean all my fishies... I can see they do queue sometimes :D Do you think I should introduce 2 more? Got a feeling both of them are same ###### atm, no eggs so far :unsure:

post-34-1147022534.jpg

So happy I bought a nice specimen... must thank bro Hammy for helping me with the selection :lol: The specimen is not fully open yet... will post more pix under MH tomorrow.

post-34-1147022812.jpg

Not all good news of course... I have 2 missing fish:

1. Maroon clown (Male)

2. Green Chromis

Having a missing Chromis is a really bad sign :erm:

Here's my 3rd LPS of the day... a nice branched Green Goniopora... the colour is very very intense... the only problem... refuse to open :cry2:

post-34-1147023627.jpg

Ok I've decided to add 6 more White-banded Cleaner Shrimps (slightly smaller specimens) into my tank this week :lol: Wow... gonna be orgy party every night :P:P:P

The Fireshrimp I have is quite hopeless... hiding in a corner 99% of the time :erm:

See who's in the "Car Wash"... I think much credits must go to these hardworking creatures... they are priceless!!! :lol:

post-34-1147052467.jpg

• SRC Member

Nice ! (especially the scaping man!!!) :lol:

Um, can i suggest something!?

Space your zoos a little.

Reason: They have no space to grow.

They should grow quite fast in your tank.

We bros need your frags.... ;)

Therefore: no space = no grow = no frags for us.

Your cleaner very hardworking. B)

Nice ! (especially the scaping man!!!)  :lol:

Um, can i suggest something!?

Space your zoos a little.

Reason: They have no space to grow.

They should grow quite fast in your tank.

We bros need your frags.... ;)

Therefore: no space = no grow = no frags for us.

Your cleaner very hardworking. B)

I will pass some Zoos to bro Altantis this week. So, yes more space for the Zoos. I think some thriving Zoos in his tank will calm him down a bit :lol:

Yalor... the shrimps are working 24/7!!! That's why I want to introduce 4 to 6 more to help around... and I always enjoy watching them in action... since day 1 :)

Wow! My Cleaner Shrimps been so busy, the Six Line Wrasse is helping out too... been pecking my Chevron Tang and the CT just stay there ;) Didn't know Six Line does that :lol:

Ok guys... the serious part... I got a feeling there's a parasite outbreak in my tank... or worse White Spots... that's why they all go for "Car Wash"... day and night. Will quickly go AM and get some more Cleaner Shrimps before it's too late :erm:

One thing amazing about nature is... there's always signs of things coming... if you observe and analyze deep enough, you will find it. But most of the time... we miss the signs... well... just like everything else in life I guess... especially when it comes to relationship :P:P:P

Ok here's an update... finally replace the (white-ish) D-D Aquablue Plus with a true actinic blue tube... love the effect!!! All my colours are in neon right now :lol:

post-34-1147074647.jpg

Here's how my Yuma corner looking right now... hehe lights just on, so the Yumas are still half asleep :snore::snore::snore:

post-34-1147074733.jpg

My latest LPS... a Red Doughnut Coral (aka Prata) and it's naturally bought from Jalan Kayu :lol::lol::lol: The colour is not very intense however... but with my tender loving care :wub: I'm sure it will turn out nice and beautiful :yeah::yeah::yeah:

This pix was taken less than 1 hour after introduction... will monitor for any openings... can't wait to see it open up to twice its size!!! :)

post-34-1147075116.jpg

From T95? Doughnut i think refer to cynarina. Try the chem-marin stop parasite. Cleaner not much use for white spot leh.

Nope T95 no Prata... what's the right name for Prata? Emm... not sure about dosing anti-parasite into the tank... well, if it gets out of hand, I will look for a bottle.

As this is my first PRATA (can't even get the name right... still need help in ID pls)... am I putting it on the right position? Bottom right corner without much flow. Lighting quite strong though (with both 150W MH on top)... is the lighting too strong for PRATA? If yes, do you think I should move it nearer to the center cave... the overhang above blocked some of the light... but the flow there is stronger <_<

:thanks: in advance!!!

post-34-1147080190.jpg

• SRC Member

Seems like the skeleton has been exposed for quite some time liao as there's algae on them. Will need lots of care inorder to bloom thu but am sure you are capable of that :D

Nice yumas btw :P

Best not to have direct mh on it. Mine got burn. Some say must slowly introduce lightings.

Wow! Finally opening up fully like grapes!!! Yummy :lol:

post-34-1147080738.jpg