Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Polyp Lab claims the following:

Claim #1: Pristine water. The way your corals want it.

Jervis: Great! Em... Pristine... let me check dictionary first... :heh: ... just like the Tetra Fish Food bus Ad... "If fish could talk, they will ask for Tetra".

Claim #2: System Reef-resh™ is an innovative method for true low-nutrient reef keeping. By harnessing the power of microbial activity, the system provides a natural and non-chemical solution to unwanted nutrients in home aquaria.

Jervis: NATURAL and NON-CHEMICAL... wow those 2 big words are good... I buy lor! UNWANTED NUTRIENTS are such a constant problem... we spent a large proportion of our reefing budget on controlling them. If the product performs well, I don't even have to invest on a UV or OZONE unit.

Claim #3: Greatly enhanced colouration of corals.

Jervis: Have yet to see any result yet (after my first dosing last night, lol)... ok I will wait and see... hopefully don't have to wait too long :snore: Can't wait to see enhanced colouration for my Zoos!

Claim #4: Increased growth rates of corals.

Jervis: Common Zoos to giveaway!!! Anyone???

Claim #5: Marked improvement in water quality.

Jervis: With the powerful bacterias and microorganisms in my tank, hopefully I can rely lesser on Antiphos, Carbolit & blah to control my A N N. Those media are very costly to run in the long term... that's why a lot of us too reluctant to change them... hence semi-crashes and etc.

Claim #6: Decreased nuisance algae outbreaks.

Jervis: I really really need to see this to believe its power!!! The bacterias will fight with the algaes for nutrients (i.e. Phosphates)... and in most cases the algaes will lose the fight... now that's something I can't wait to witness.

Claim #7: Improved fish health.

Jervis: Wah... very important since I am starting to invest on semi-rare/exotic species... I think my Chevron will live long enough to show me his true colours :pinch:

Claim #8: Decreased parasite outbreaks.

Jervis: Damn... decrease only lah... not eliminate altogether... so still can expect outbreaks along the way :erm:

So, if I can clearly see 4 of the above claims turn to reality... then I am very satisfied already... for less than $35 a month (depending on tank size, lol)... well... $1.20 a day will keep the CRASH away :lol:

Oh 1 more thing you guys should know before rushing to A.Mart to buy the remaining 2 sets... this is a very high maintenance product, must dose everyday (although a few drops)... 1 product in the morning (before photosynthesis) 3 products in the evening (after lights are off).

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Hi, been a while. :)

Hows the reef-resh ???

Your CA level how ??? (stable a not)

Referring to your latest tank shot.

Its looks empty. Up close you can see lots of

stuff but on the whole maybe due to the lighting ....

like not much corals & too blue in colour. I can only see your

zoos & anemone, The GSP, mushies & LSP are not obvious.

I suggest more 10/20 KK white lights or :evil: more reds & greens corals....

A red+green prata on the SB would be nice too!

Are the sea fans ok? Looks bald ....

Love the zoos, clam and maroon.

(oh yah, the equipments & additives too)

:peace:

Hi, been a while. :)

Hows the reef-resh ???

Your CA level how ??? (stable a not)

Referring to your latest tank shot.

Its looks empty. Up close you can see lots of

stuff but on the whole maybe due to the lighting ....

like not much corals & too blue in colour. I can only see your

zoos & anemone, The GSP, mushies & LSP are not obvious.

I suggest more 10/20 KK white lights or :evil: more reds & greens corals....

A red+green prata on the SB would be nice too!

Are the sea fans ok? Looks bald ....

Love the zoos, clam and maroon.

(oh yah, the equipments & additives too)

:peace:

Yeah it's been a while... where have you been? My CA level is quite stable... at around 450 to 475. Coralline is growing very well.

I know the latest tank shot is horrible... still need to work on it... well let's see what 4 hours of labour can do to my tank :lol: Yes, the tank is still quite empty (compared to you guys)... a lot of my old corals are Nano version, so it will take a while to fill them up. The pix was taken using only Actinic blue light (late at night), so blue lor :rolleyes:

Corals will wait a while, I've allocated the next 2 weeks on improving the condition of my tank (after the murder of Pink Birdsnest)

See fans doing ok but not as well as before... I suspect water flow is not sufficient :erm:

Equipments? Hehe... I am in fact trying to streamline my equipments... selling off the extras, will focus more on necessity now coz I am running too many pumps/powerheads in my tank now... so poor Teco work like crazy :unsure:

Do drop by again to see my upgrading process and results :peace:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I am also trying to reduce the amount of additives I am adding into my tank... or else, surely "rojak" in there ;)

Bought an Aqua Medic Ocean Runner 2500 just now. Will use it to replace my 3 Sicces. Running it externally, so should be a much more efficient solution... that's the thing about this hobby... one could never stop reinventing how the tank runs... unless one finds the "perfect" system :lol:

Damn... cut my thumb... a minor one :o ... will let my skin heals a bit before continue work ;)

I am also trying to reduce the amount of additives I am adding into my tank... or else, surely "rojak" in there ;)

Bought an Aqua Medic Ocean Runner 2500 just now. Will use it to replace my 3 Sicces. Running it externally, so should be a much more efficient solution... that's the thing about this hobby... one could never stop reinventing how the tank runs... unless one finds the "perfect" system :lol:

ocean runner is one of the best pump in the market ... guess u frequent aquamart recently ar .

heh heh ... my exam end tomorrow . when are we going to LFsing , quite quiet recently .

at the moment , i hate transport engineering !

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

ocean runner is one of the best pump in the market ... guess u frequent aquamart recently ar .

heh heh ... my exam end tomorrow . when are we going to LFsing , quite quiet recently .

at the moment , i hate transport engineering !

Hehe... but I am not in the mood to connect things today... cut my thumb... then a major accident with 2 to 3 gallons of saltwater all over my parquet... not a good day for me ;) Will continue tomorrow, so right now the tank is half done only.

No LFS for me... at least for the next 2 weeks. I wanna see the effect of the Reef-resh™ before adding more LS. Also wanna bring both Phosphate and Nitrate to a undetectable level.

How's ur L. wrasse? Mine not doing that well. Recently so many L. wrasse wondering if they are cyniade caught fishes.

My LW is doing ok... feeding well (even pellets) and more bold than before... is yours feeding?

Not really. Few days of unger. Now QT the fish so that it will not hide in the sand. Urs so long should be okie liao. Onli scare those fishes are chemical caught and dun last long.

Bro Altantis also bought a LW last Friday, perhaps you wanna check with him... see if his has the same problem <_< LW needs sand to feel safe... so if ur QT without sand bed... perhaps it's not gonna last long :cry:

• SRC Member

Mine was in the sand since last saturday. But just pop out feeling weak and maybe hunger lol. No strenght to even struggle as i hand caught it out. Gonna pray. I must say u are very hardworking in updating. My tank so lazy to update oso lol. One day let's mit up for prata.

• SRC Member

Jervis is a man on fire.. flaming hot!! haha.. anyway bro, chill ya.. there are days when i am so frustrated with my tank cos something juz dun go right. remember my recent scape which i lost a wrasse? yea, thats one time which it juz refuse to go right for me. was soo frustrated.

relax ya bro! i get cuts all the time too! i juz carry on scaping, let the salt water heal my cut.. haha..

Mine was in the sand since last saturday. But just pop out feeling weak and maybe hunger lol. No strenght to even struggle as i hand caught it out. Gonna pray. I must say u are very hardworking in updating. My tank so lazy to update oso lol. One day let's mit up for prata.

Reefing will not be the same without SRC :lol: and all the bros and sis here really help motivate me to work harder... or else, this is gonna be such a lonely hobby... I try to post as much detail as possible as this is my diary... so next time, I can always refer back to progress B)

You should post more... inspire us newbies :)

And prata sounds nice... hehe I know where already :pinch:

Jervis is a man on fire.. flaming hot!! haha.. anyway bro, chill ya.. there are days when i am so frustrated with my tank cos something juz dun go right. remember my recent scape which i lost a wrasse? yea, thats one time which it juz refuse to go right for me. was soo frustrated.

relax ya bro! i get cuts all the time too! i juz carry on scaping, let the salt water heal my cut.. haha..

I am so afraid of my Zoos... almost every coral book I read warn readers about the danger of Zoos... especially with open wound. And I have a hell of a lot of Zoos in my tank :blink::blink::blink: So I stopped in case I "kena" infection or worst :nuke::nuke::nuke: Can't afford to fall sick... work is killer.

It's true u know... everything went so so wrong today... mistakes over mistakes over mistakes... I just finish mopping my wooden floor (5 times) just to get the stickiness off the floor. Haiz... this is life... this is reefing... what have I gotten myself into :P:D:lol:

Yeah yeah prata. I live nearby ma. I am not an expert myself. Anyway u are not a newbie anymore.

Colin: i have the same problem with wrasse oso.

I am not a newbie anymore?!? Em... can I be a newbie so that I don't feel too guilty when things turn out badly :erm: I recently killed a SPS (Pink Birdsnest) due to impulsive buying... was at Irwana when the Tonga shipment came :(

I AM STILL A NEWBIE!!! I can't even get my equipments working properly... bought a Ocean Runner 2500 today and have difficulty getting my concept work... so frustrating :angry:

• SRC Member

hahaha.. yupz thats the ups and downs to reefing.. haha.. still remember the past, where there were days, i look at my fishes which are not healthy, and i juz feel soo down bout it!!! guess its all the hardwork that pays off in the end..

i wanna do something to my tank now, but cos plans not fixed, cant do anything.. haiz.

hahaha.. yupz thats the ups and downs to reefing.. haha.. still remember the past, where there were days, i look at my fishes which are not healthy, and i juz feel soo down bout it!!! guess its all the hardwork that pays off in the end..

i wanna do something to my tank now, but cos plans not fixed, cant do anything.. haiz.

Sometimes I wonder... why can't I just take Stamp Collecting as a hobby... but again, rare stamps can also cost a lot of $$$ but at least easier to keep and much lower in maintenance :lol:

Nah this kinda "down" moment will pass after a good night sleep... talking of which :snore::snore::snore:

Good luck at your remaining paper bro! :peace:

Remember my wish-of-the-day? Ok lah... I wish tomorrow your exam turn out great! :angel:

• SRC Member

Haha stick to LPS 1st. I dun dare venture into sps yet til recently.

My wife will nag at the bill boy.

Colin : Agree. Some day we love anthias, some day we love tangs, another day it will be others.

Talking about Anthias... :thanks: bro Colin for giving me such a beautiful specimen. Extremely healthy and not as agressive as expected... not bullying my smaller fish, not even the Purple Firefish. This is confirmed a MALE specimen :) I notice the colouration is improving also... could it be the Reef-resh™? :lol:

post-34-1146676750.jpg

• SRC Member

Think initially the lyretail was under stress from moving around tank to tank... now its settled down it should be regaining the colour back.. haha... glad you liked it.. at least i know its in good hands...

• SRC Member

Bro Altantis also bought a LW last Friday, perhaps you wanna check with him... see if his has the same problem <_< LW needs sand to feel safe... so if ur QT without sand bed... perhaps it's not gonna last long :cry:

i second that. Removing your LW to a tank w/o a sandbed might stress them out. Just leave it in your main tank, let it get used to your surrounding and it'll come out by itself when it feels safe. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Em... I think the Reef-resh™ is affecting my skimmer a bit... the Turboflotor has not been able to churn out good skimmate for the past 2 days... will drop by A.Mart after work to check with CH. Also need to buy more Eheim rubber tubes... yesterday... cutting and cutting... ;)