Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think quite wasteful leh, if mixed... i dunno bout you, but i like my zoos pure... B)B)B)

Since all my current Zoos are (categorized as) common Zoos... I will let them mix a bit... no harm. But once I start to introduce more $ Zoos, I will keep them pure... must not mix-blood... need the best pedigree ;)

Btw... between life and death... I think the Anemone is very happy in this location... look at those "condom-looking" tentacles... seriously... I think it looks exactly like "rubber" :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1146499987.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I am waiting for them to mix... want to see the effect... like a bowl of M&Ms :yeah:

Mine tank name as M&M's Tank :evil:

I know... but I was not referring to your tank :eyebrow:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

wow ... your tank looks amazing !!!!! haha... need to get more corals soon .. and a pair of gobies ... my sandbed is gross now tt my bluecheek died weeks ago .. are you coming along this sat ? gonna chiong LFS with colin..

wow ... your tank looks amazing !!!!! haha... need to get more corals soon .. and a pair of gobies ... my sandbed is gross now tt my bluecheek died weeks ago .. are you coming along this sat ? gonna chiong LFS with colin..

Thanks for the compliment... I can't join u guys coz I need to focus on other things these 2 weeks... such as... equipments and water quality... got a feeling my tank is at the brink of a crash if I don't put a stop to LS buying :(

Maybe can consider a pair of Gobies to clean the sand bed, although I do not have much sand area... my Sand Sifting Star is doing a great job... and my Wrasses been busy too... Mandarin always pecks on the sand bed... Tangs too... but still can see deritrus and unfinished food sometimes ;)

What gobies u guys recommending? I want something that looks nice and will not grow too big... that thing in AM's small tank is really scary... reminds me so much of a giant lizard :P

Thanks for the compliment... I can't join u guys coz I need to focus on other things these 2 weeks... such as... equipments and water quality... got a feeling my tank is at the brink of a crash if I don't put a stop to LS buying :(

Maybe can consider a pair of Gobies to clean the sand bed, although I do not have much sand area... my Sand Sifting Star is doing a great job... and my Wrasses been busy too... Mandarin always pecks on the sand bed... Tangs too... but still can see deritrus and unfinished food sometimes ;)

What gobies u guys recommending? I want something that looks nice and will not grow too big... that thing in AM's small tank is really scary... reminds me so much of a giant lizard :P

i think the sleeper goldhead gody is still the most effecient in cleaning the sandbed

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Hehe... was at Aqua Mart just now... updates tonight :)

i think the sleeper goldhead gody is still the most effecient in cleaning the sandbed

Em... interesting... but it can grow into a BIG MAC!!! 7" Goby?!? :pinch:

post-34-1146575813.jpg

After failing to keep my Birdsnest alive... (yes, it's totally white now)... I've decided to invest further to improve the condition of my water. Not another piece of equipment but to invest in bacterias :erm: Yes BACTERIAS :lol::lol::lol:

Here's what I bought today:

System Reef-resh™ by Polyp Lab.

Pristine water. The way your corals want it.

System Reef-resh™ is an innovative method for true low-nutrient reef keeping. By harnessing the power of microbial activity, the system provides a natural and non-chemical solution to unwanted nutrients in home aquaria.

Benefits of running System RF include:

• Greatly enhanced colouration of corals

• Increased growth rates of corals

• Marked improvement in water quality

• Decreased nuisance algae outbreaks

• Improved fish health

• Decreased parasite outbreaks

It's quite costly... but I'm willing to give it a try... at least the Bacterias will keep my "3-dollars-a-frag" Zoos very very happy :pinch:

post-34-1146576251.jpg

• SRC Member

My friend known this as the "B2 Bomber": cos he will always like to have a mouthly of sand and drop down to your tank while swimming around.... :evil: then your coral will ... :nuke:

• SRC Member

I have one in my tank. As I'm using AM Hydrocarbonate sand this is ard grade 2-3, oni this Big MAC can handle it well! :lol:

Nah... the BIG MAC is way too BIGGGGG to my liking... and the body is way too white/pale... perhaps something more ornate... I used to keep a 2-spots... very nice "helicopter"... don't have any "snow falling" incidents... maybe still very tiny ;) Then commited suicide by trying to breath on air (without water) :unsure:

• SRC Member

seriously this is the last fish you will ever wanna get. this fella is damn good in cleaning the SB, it vaccums up sand into his mouth, swim up to the middle of the tank, and releases everything, and bury everything on the SB. my sleeper did dat to my tank at home, killed my super mushies, 2 rocks of yumas, xenia, 2 zoos. till now its still inside. damn irritating. and i got hills all over the place with huge potholes. you wanna stick your hand in everyday to clear sand out of your corals, and push back the sand, this is the fish for you.

• SRC Member

the big mac i had too... snow falling incidents were annoying ... covering my corals on the sand bed ... i saw diamond watchman in AM tank ... dun have the snow falling trait in them i guess... will get them if poss...

• SRC Member

My friend known this as the "B2 Bomber": cos he will always like to have a mouthly of sand and drop down to your tank while swimming around.... :evil: then your coral will ... :nuke:

B-2 Stealth Bomber is seriously an understatemenf for it. Its a carpet bomber. its a B52 Stratofortress... TERRIBLE FISH.

Hehe... was at Aqua Mart just now... updates tonight :)

bro ,

i was at aquamart just now . getting the DT's phytoplankton.

i think their stock are coming in soon .

some delay with aquamedic .

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

bro ,

i was at aquamart just now . getting the DT's phytoplankton.

i think their stock are coming in soon .

some delay with aquamedic .

I was there 6.00pm till 8.00pm... bought some BACTERIAS... try it out :lol:

Did some rescaping... removed the Reefpack 500... and my new rockscape :sick::sick::sick: Don't even dare to post a pix :sick::sick::sick: Will rescape tomorrow or the day after tomorrow :sick::sick::sick:

Got a feeling someone will collect my Reefpack 500 this weekend :lol:

1 word to say if u wana keep sps (good luck) $ is not the key to sucess. With your setup it only good for LPS . I am not out to spoil you but a words of kindness.

I know... I've learnt my lesson ;) And please don't make me feel guilty for spending more $ than I should... thanks for your words of kindness :)

And here's how my latest :sick: scaping looks like... :sick:

post-34-1146591427.jpg

I think it's a little too messy... especially the top part... what u guys think?

Just dosed all 4 parts of the Reef-resh™... according to A.Mart, I should be able to see results in a week... :) By then... hopefully... all my Zoos will grow and spread like crazy :upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

Here's how the top looks like... after the removal of the Reefpack 500. Added a "Split w/ Duckbeaks" to the chiller outlet... running using internal Sicce 2500L/h. Will upgrade to a more powerful external pump soon :D

post-34-1146594556.jpg

• SRC Member
Just dosed all 4 parts of the Reef-resh™... according to A.Mart, I should be able to see results in a week... :) By then... hopefully... all my Zoos will grow and spread like crazy :upsidedown::upsidedown::upsidedown:

Bro Jervis... remember to intro to me ... feels like getting something that is good for us, our fish & corals :lol:

Bro Jervis... remember to intro to me ... feels like getting something that is good for us, our fish & corals :lol:

They only left with 2 sets, till next shipment (G knows when...).. if you are interested, I can also meet you there. But don't have to rush lah... dun think this product is selling like hot cakes coz it's quite ex (for cultivating bacterias) but I've done some readings... and quite convinced by the product.

It's a Canadian product btw, by the good people who introduced Reef Roid.

www.polyplab.com

But reading their website... like claiming a lot of benefits ;) Even if half of the claims are to come true... I'm a very happy reefer already :lol:

Guys, don't PM me for price... (yes, I receive PMs like that a lot... at least 5 a day, lol)... call Aqua Mart, look for Cheng Hock :lol: